Swansea (H) 03-Dec

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My conscience would say no, but if it happens i'll be celebrating full force so there you have it

On the game, felt good to finally see us destroy a team, even one as weak as this one. That Son goal was a thing of beauty, the power, skill and positional awareness to pull that off are quite impressive. One thing he doesnt have to learn is where the goal is, would be curious to see his shot accuracy % over his career, i think it could be very impressive
Yes we should be celebrating the Son goal but we have people in here who just continue to give it to Dele despite him being a Spurs player and a bloody good one at that. Lets move on !

I'm not going back into the "was it a dive argument" again. The only person who knows is Alli himself. Some people seem to be sure on the basis of the available footage, that he did.

:sandroscream:
Watch Naughton's feet before "impact" and watch Alli's left leg

Naughton clearly stops and makes no attempt to tackle, and Alli "milks" the minimal contact (which he initiates by moving his leg towards Naughton.

Look here for further evidence (albeit a bit gash in quality)

That is the clearest, stonewall, dive I have ever seen.

And it gives me no pleasure, on any level.

Serious question (not to anyone in particular):

Would you take Alli diving to win a pen that wins us a cup final?

Not if you're name is Mick Cooper!

Doesn't matter if we get turned over

As long as we play fairly!

:pocheyes:

Naughton clearly stops and makes no attempt to tackle, and Alli "milks" the minimal contact (which he initiates by moving his leg towards Naughton.

Why don't you start your own thread Dele's supposed big dive and debate it there mate!

who cares. You're only talking about it because of the 5 replays of the incident. If you watch in normal speed it looks like contact and thats really what anyone can base their opinion on, especially the ref.

you are twisting what was said - nobody put Terry up as an example of an honest player, but as someone who told Drogba to give it a rest. I have no idea if that is true though.
As for you continually disagreeing with anyone who says Alli cheated - you would have to either have no knowledge of the games laws, or be the most myopic and biased supporter on the planet to believe that what he did was was an ethical or honest piece of footballing skill.
He conned the ref - and the bottom line is, it's cheating.

And Naughton pulled out of the tackle, and Alli threw his leg at him and dived, your assessment of what happened is shrouded in bias.

Like Maradonna's goal against England, Henry's against Ireland etc etc

I'm not twisting anything

So John the racist Terry tells Drogba not to be a naughty boy

Did he really??

Even if he did I don't give a fuck so why bring a cunt like that up on our forum!

I have an extensive knowledge of the games laws and, to me, it was a pen all day long

A soft one yes!

And Alli made the most of it as is the way nowadays but contact was made and Naughton was to blame for hanging his right leg out whether he was trying to get out of the way or not
So well done Alli for starting the avalanche!
:allitongue:

You can't put a decent tackle in without getting booked now
Look at Otomendi on Costa
Fucking ridiculous but that's the way it is so you have to go along with it and to try and take the moral high ground and be regarded as a soft touch you must be naive in the extreme!

Yes I am the most myopic and biased supporter on the planet!

I'm Spurs and proud of it and I say win at all costs!

Did anyone moan when Owen fell to the floor when Poch brushed against him for a pen against Argentina all those years ago?

Did they fuck because a lot of people like me remembered that cheating cunt Maradona before!

Maybe you did Mick which probably says it all!

:avbhumph:

who cares. You're only talking about it because of the 5 replays of the incident. If you watch in normal speed it looks like contact and thats really what anyone can base their opinion on, especially the ref.

Exactly and we don't play rugby so no the ref doesn't have endless replays or experts to help him out

He made a decision, stuck to it and got it right!

Well done

And change your name to "Officer and a Gentleman " while you're at it!
images

You rely on "gash quality" footage to demonstrate "the clearest, stonewall dive" you have ever seen.

:avbshit:

I've just watched the better quality clip too, & the commentator says "maybe he did clip him, just". Nothing clear & stonewall in that clip either.

Last edited:
I'm not twisting anything

So John the racist Terry tells Drogba not to be a naughty boy

Did he really??

Even if he did I don't give a fuck so why bring a cunt like that up on our forum!

I have an extensive knowledge of the games laws and, to me, it was a pen all day long

A soft one yes!

And Alli made the most of it as is the way nowadays but contact was made and Naughton was to blame for hanging his right leg out whether he was trying to get out of the way or not
So well done Alli for starting the avalanche!
:allitongue:

You can't put a decent tackle in without getting booked now
Look at Otomendi on Costa
Fucking ridiculous but that's the way it is so you have to go along with it and to try and take the moral high ground and be regarded as a soft touch you must be naive in the extreme!

Yes I am the most myopic and biased supporter on the planet!

I'm Spurs and proud of it and I say win at all costs!

Did anyone moan when Owen fell to the floor when Poch brushed against him for a pen against Argentina all those years ago?

Did they fuck because a lot of people like me remembered that cheating cunt Maradona before!

Maybe you did Mick which probably says it all!

:avbhumph:
Yup
never liked cheating.
The principle that the end justifies the means shouldn't exist in sport, as it simply means that it has ceased to become a sport. Play to the rules, right up to the edge of them, but don't cross the line.

I won't change my opinion on the matter. Whether its monopoly or football.

So what does that say about me - as a matter of interest?

One last question for you. (and then I'm definitely done, I see no benefit in getting into a slagging off session over it)
If there had been a video referee - in all honesty, what do you think the result of the decision would have been?

Last edited:
You rely on "gash quality" footage to demonstrate "the clearest, stonewall dive" you have ever seen.

:avbshit:

I've just watched the better quality clip too, & the commentator says "maybe he did clip him, just". Nothing clear & stonewall in that clip either.
No - I saw it several times in HD as well, but I'm not bothered enough to go hunting for it.
If you don't see it, then you don't see it.

I already said, that when I saw it live, my first instinct was that the ref should book him for diving.

I'd like to see the lad concentrate on the stuff he is good at, and not taint the skills he clearly possesses with the "dark arts"
I hate to see people get sent off for rubbish (celebrating with their shirt off, chucking/kicking the ball away etc) but I have no problem with bookings for cheating.

No - I saw it several times in HD as well, but I'm not bothered enough to go hunting for it.
If you don't see it, then you don't see it.
So did I.

Look- like I said last night, it's been done to death. I'm not going to change your opinion that it was THE clearest, stonewall dive you have ever seen in however many years of watching football (did you see Sissoko's against us last year btw?-just curious), & you won't change my opinion that it was far from being clear cut, based on gash quality footage & a commentary that says maybe Naughton did clip him. On that basis I am personally prepared to give Dele- one of our own players- the benefit of a very reasonable doubt.

I'm out.

So did I.

Look- like I said last night, it's been done to death. I'm not going to change your opinion that it was THE clearest, stonewall dive you have ever seen in however many years of watching football (did you see Sissoko's against us last year btw?-just curious), & you won't change my opinion that it was far from being clear cut, based on gash quality footage & a commentary that says maybe Naughton did clip him

I'm out.
the commentary was immediately after the incident (hedging your bets, I think its called)

Naughtons feet - look at the guy clearly STOP, and make no attempt to tackle.

Not sure what Sissoko's dive against us has to do with the discussion, but yes, that was cheating as well, as was the one Palace got against us

Like you say - enough is enough, we are all clear that we want Spurs to win, and I have no doubt that if you Baz and I went to watch the team play we would all be just as happy at any positive result.

I don't want to descend into the totti/scott/jayc level of bitching about performances, collective or individual - I simply want us to do it clean, to prevent these, or any other kind of question marks about whatever it is we achieve.

and I won't apologise for that belief either.

I already said, that when I saw it live, my first instinct was that the ref should book him for diving.

I'd like to see the lad concentrate on the stuff he is good at, and not taint the skills he clearly possesses with the "dark arts"
I hate to see people get sent off for rubbish (celebrating with their shirt off, chucking/kicking the ball away etc) but I have no problem with bookings for cheating.
you must have had a good view of the incident. I saw it on a stream and I thought there was contact. However the point is the ref had a judgement to make and picked penalty. Dele has maybe gone looking for it but he'll now be in the spotlight - like Bale was for a while - so won't get away with it and is more likely to have some things go the other way.

you must have had a good view of the incident. I saw it on a stream and I thought there was contact. However the point is the ref had a judgement to make and picked penalty. Dele has maybe gone looking for it but he'll now be in the spotlight - like Bale was for a while - so won't get away with it and is more likely to have some things go the other way.
yep, I had a good quality feed at the time and my opinion was based on having played enough of the game as a defender (right back) to know what it looked like. On top of which, Dele has been doing this a lot this season and to be fair he's not very good at doing it with any degree of subtlety. Hazard is much better and could earn oscars for his diving. Dele is more razzies than oscars.
I'm not apoplectic with rage over this, or writing letters to the minister for sport, it's just an opinion

Yup
never liked cheating.
The principle that the end justifies the means shouldn't exist in sport, as it simply means that it has ceased to become a sport. Play to the rules, right up to the edge of them, but don't cross the line.

I won't change my opinion on the matter. Whether its monopoly or football.

So what does that say about me - as a matter of interest?

One last question for you. (and then I'm definitely done, I see no benefit in getting into a slagging off session over it)
If there had been a video referee - in all honesty, what do you think the result of the decision would have been?

I was right in front of a massive screen in a bar with crystal clear quality and my first reaction was a stone wall pen

It hasn't changed and if they had a video ref review like they do in rugby league (I'm a huge fan) it would still have been a pen because the referee thought so at the time and there was no conclusive evidence to reverse his decision

There was enough contact on our player, therefore a foul, it was inside the box therefore a penalty!

But I agree we've done it to death and we have differing views and I don't want to get into cunt off with you

If Alli does it again against ManU on Sunday then good on him as long as we beat those smug cunts and push Jose out of our PL for good this time!

Back
Top Bottom