Swansea City v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well seeing as we're posting fans' own personal 'take' on games now... see if you can sit through this fella;

I wouldn't normally share this kinda 'look at me look at me' guff... but he seems innocent enough and well meaning, but seeing as he was quite happy for us to sit through 2 hours of himself watching SSN Jeff Stelling and the gang (no, that's right, he isn't even watching a stream of the actual game!!) then I thought sod it, let's see if he loses his shit at the end...

TBH, it's pretty bland, and not really worth persevering with, but if you only to hear Soccer Midweek thing on in the background, then turn the sound up!

A COMPELLING 2 HOURS OF VIEWING!!

Although, on the off-chance you may wanna scroll through to the 'crucial' moments, and not watch the whole thing, ... then these numbers might come in handy;
Goal Reactions:
SWA 1-0 TOT (20:01)
SWA 1-1 TOT (1:53:15)
SWA 1-2 TOT (1:56:25)
SWA 1-3 TOT (1:59:26)

Enjoy!

I can't do it... watching some guy watch three other guys watching a game.

I can only assume/hope it was to do with the 'last train from Swansea-Aberdeen' that dictated your decision....

Otherwise... WHY THE FUCK??

Who the fucks from aberdeen, not me i'm local.

latest

Because it was shit we fucked off into town, were'nt the only ones.
Don't regret it either, might not have won had we stayed.
Not the answer I was expecting!! ...but I'm genuinely interested now...

Did you genuinely think that was that, at 'only' 1-0 down... with 13 minutes left to play... (well, 20 as it turns out, but you weren't to know that at the time!)
You went all the way to Swansea to watch a football match, and then fuck off into a town that isn't even that nice...

BTW, do you truly believe you were the reason we were losing?? If so, then you did those who stayed a massive favour by getting your 'jinxed' arse outta there sharpish!! ...how many others do you reckon also left??

...and, one final question m'lud; Out of interest, when did you check the final score, and did you celebrate?

The FA limits the number of matches which can be shown on live TV in order to protect attendance numbers / gate receipts.
That sucks when there is a limited number of supporters that can get tickets.

Here the NFL has done the same thing, but all games are on TV locally as long as the game sells out 72 hours prior to kickoff (if the local game doesn't sell out an out of market game is shown instead.) They actually have suspended that policy for the past few years but I don't think it has effected ticket sales, but it is still an official policy so it can be reinstated at any time.

Why the fuck did we wear the gold kit for this? We've literally worn the navy twice all season. Clearly the gold ones aren't selling that much but it's a bit annoying
This confirms my conspiracy theory about the kit sales directly influencing our choice of away/third for games (somewhere in the 'new kit' thread but can't be arsed to find it).

Think about last season too... everyone bloody loved the Spurple third kit but we barely ever wore it. Instead, we opted for the (much less popular) stripy blue away kit.

On the positive side of things: I find that exciting matches like Wednesday night tend to lend a certain fondness/nostalgia to a kit. I'm actually starting to rather like the gold one now because of that.

Levy wins again.
:levylol:

Though not for £55. Come on Spurs, pull your bloody finger out and drop the kit prices already.

This confirms my conspiracy theory about the kit sales directly influencing our choice of away/third for games (somewhere in the 'new kit' thread but can't be arsed to find it).

Think about last season too... everyone bloody loved the Spurple third kit but we barely ever wore it. Instead, we opted for the (much less popular) stripy blue away kit.

I agree with you. We used to wear the third kit in AVB's first season a lot as well, which was an ugly kit and probably didn't sell all that well (the grey-black one).

That sucks when there is a limited number of supporters that can get tickets.

Here the NFL has done the same thing, but all games are on TV locally as long as the game sells out 72 hours prior to kickoff (if the local game doesn't sell out an out of market game is shown instead.) They actually have suspended that policy for the past few years but I don't think it has effected ticket sales, but it is still an official policy so it can be reinstated at any time.
Yeah, but over here it's not about affecting ticket sales for the live game, it's about affecting ticket sales of lower league games that are being played at the same time.

Why the fuck did we wear the gold kit for this? We've literally worn the navy twice all season. Clearly the gold ones aren't selling that much but it's a bit annoying
I called it before the game. I actually really like the gold, but I love the navy and would really like to see more of it.

Back
Top Bottom