Swansea City v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

IN (there for two nights)

-------------------------Lloris-------------------------------
Walker--- Alderweireld--Vertonghen---Davies
---------------------Dier----Dembele------------------
---------Eriksen--------Alli------------Son-----------
-----------------------Janssen--------------------------

2-0 win (Janssen & Alderweireld).

Lloris
Walker - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Davies
Dembele - Dier
Eriksen - Alli - Son
Janssen
Definitely the way forward, no point risking any of the injured lot when we have important games coming up. Thought we were brilliant in the second half playing the Dembele/Dier midfield again.

Massive oppertunity to either gain more points on Chelsea or go further ahead of Man City with the two of them playing eachother and I think we'll make no mistake.

0-2
Eriksen and Alli with the goals.

Even with our injuries I think we will destroy Swansea. We always seem to get a good result against them, we have the bit between our teeth at the moment and I think they will dread playing us. We kick off 15 minutes before Chelsea if we score before Chelsea even kick off that could make them all a bit nervous.

Ah , big game. Chelsea Vs. City could chop their lead down to FOUR POINTS, then again we can't take Swansea for granted. At least 3 ex spurs players , Sigurdsson & Llorente are dangerous, they look a bit light weight in midfield & defence though.

Unlike Burnley , Swansea are a team who like to pass the ball and play football, their defence will not be as resolute. They also aren't a counter attacking team, but have the technical ability to go through the centre . Dangers will come from siggy set pieces and Llorente who is quite a strong player.

Last edited:
Swansea are gonna look to use Llorente's aerial threat as much as possible..so I would still stick with a back 3 despite the probable loss of Wanyama and WInks. Wimmer can add the height needed to neutralise Llorente.

---------------------------------Lloris-------------------------------------
---------Alderweireld--------Wimmer--------Vertonghen---------
-----Walker--------------Dier-------Dembele--------Davies-----
------------------Eriksen-------------------------Alli------------------
-----------------------------------Son------------------------------------

I don't think Wanyama's injury was serious. Just a knee in the back. He gave the thumbs up to a reporter while leaving the ground apparently.

Swansea are gonna look to use Llorente's aerial threat as much as possible..so I would still stick with a back 3 despite the probable loss of Wanyama and WInks. Wimmer can add the height needed to neutralise Llorente.

---------------------------------Lloris-------------------------------------
---------Alderweireld--------Wimmer--------Vertonghen---------
-----Walker--------------Dier-------Dembele--------Davies-----
------------------Eriksen-------------------------Alli------------------
-----------------------------------Son------------------------------------

Interesting enough Alderweireld and Vertonghen play as fullbacks for belgium, but that's too much of a risk putting Wimmer at the centre of a back 3 against llorente with little game time.

Dier and Dembele should be the pairing we start against bottom half teams. Diers passing is so much more crisp than Wanyama's, he really free'd up Eriksen and Alli when he went in the midfield. Janssen deserves another start and Son to come off the bench once Janssen tires out the centre backs. COYS

I think if we go with Dier/Dembele in the midfield then we should play 4 at the back. As soon as we switched to a 4, Davies got farther up the field.

I don't think Wanyama's injury was serious. Just a knee in the back. He gave the thumbs up to a reporter while leaving the ground apparently.
Official site refers to it as a bad back injury. Whatever that means. Think at best it will be Saturday before he is back. BBC saying Janssen went off for injury ? I thought it was tactical or because following illness he was knackered?

Official site refers to it as a bad back injury. Whatever that means. Think at best it will be Saturday before he is back. BBC saying Janssen went off for injury ? I thought it was tactical or because following illness he was knackered?
Janssen wouldn't get tired if he dropped a few pounds. Lardy fucker.

We have an excellent record their, and swansea who are not built for lower table struggle and tight physical play pose less of a threat to us than say Burnley, but they are in better form now and fighting for their lives which could make this a tricky one.
Considering how poor their defence is I think we should start with both Son and Vin and hope we can seal the deal in the first half instead of having a tense second with the short bench we have due to injuries

Back
Top Bottom