Swansea City v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anyone else notice the 'spin' from the different sets of commentators (both on stream and bbc) that Burnley was only our 5th away win of the season......and how bad that makes us?

Failing to mention that we'd only played 13 games prior to that (W4 / D6 / L3) having played away at Chelsea, Liverpool, City, United, Woolwich, Everton, West Brom, Southampton, etc, etc

They all seem incapable of putting the season or a teams form into any context at all.
That's the media in general. Bunch of shitmerchants :dembelefingers:
Media outlets always spin things to make a situation seem more dramatic than what it actually is.

Anyone else notice the 'spin' from the different sets of commentators (both on stream and bbc) that Burnley was only our 5th away win of the season......and how bad that makes us?

Failing to mention that we'd only played 13 games prior to that (W4 / D6 / L3) having played away at Chelsea, Liverpool, City, United, Woolwich, Everton, West Brom, Southampton, etc, etc

They all seem incapable of putting the season or a teams form into any context at all.
Amazing isn't it? I think the BBC commentator may have muttered quickly that we'd only lost 3 times away from home part way through.
But the lack of respect for Poch & the team from the British media is quite remarkable.

They all want to lick Conte's rim for some reason, forgetting how the Chavs have got to the top using Russian blood money (& the players only turning up when they feel like it), whilst Spurs have inched our way towards the summit by running the club properly & through sheer hard work on & off the pitch.

I'd really like to know what the agenda is with them.

Amazing isn't it? I think the BBC commentator may have muttered quickly that we'd only lost 3 times away from home part way through.
But the lack of respect for Poch & the team from the British media is quite remarkable.

They all want to lick Conte's rim for some reason, forgetting how the Chavs have got to the top using Russian blood money (& the players only turning up when they feel like it), whilst Spurs have inched our way towards the summit by running the club properly & through sheer hard work on & off the pitch.

I'd really like to know what the agenda is with them.
The bias is real . I feel the media believes we haven't earned the right to be seen as title contenders although we are looking as the only team that could catch Cheksea and possibly the memory of last years collapse. They proberbly fell it may happen again so why put any effort into us.

It happened last season coming back from a goal down to win and I can recall sitting in a hotel room in Jamaica a few years ago in March whilst the cleaner was cleaning the room around me. We were losing that one against Swansea and came back to win. Swansea must be sick of us, the only Premiership team they cannot beat. Just never thought it would happen again today. Only 5 points to equal last season's total points

Blatent I went on holiday to Jamaica post......
:allitongue:

I didn't go last night, but still one of my best moments of the season when Son scored. The pub I was in went up, beer everywhere, broken glass everywhere. Then I was left with that euphoric feeling in the stomach until I went to bed...woke up today, oh no got to go to work, but then remembered last night and in a good mood again.

I didn't go last night, but still one of my best moments of the season when Son scored. The pub I was in went up, beer everywhere, broken glass everywhere. Then I was left with that euphoric feeling in the stomach until I went to bed...woke up today, oh no got to go to work, but then remembered last night and in a good mood again.
Same as. Told the missus just popping out for a couple of hours rolled in at 12:00

Fucking hell, past the 75 mark I was sure we wouldn't win this anymore as we couldn't break them up, I even posted here saying it but what a joy in the end to watch how the boys prove me wrong and made me look like a mug, great win especially in these conditions when we miss so many players through injuries. This squad is something special and especially the man who is in charge, Mauricio, he's changed the mentality, the spirit so much since he came here it's unbelievable. I don't want to point fingers at any player anymore, even Sissoko, he seems to get more commited and maybe he will get to improve his game and be a part of the success in the remaining games this season, glad to see that Janssen got an assist. COYS, let's finish the season on a high.

There is also the school of thought that we TOTALLY ignore them... that will kill them even MORE 'cos they won't be expecting it!
'cos THEY can't help themselves and have already probably Trademarked St Tott's Day... doesn't mean we have to stoop to their childish levels!

Having said that IF and when it FINALLY DOES happen... just try stopping the outpouring of 21 years of pent up frustration!
I for one probably WILL allow myself a little personal, private wry smile!!
...maybe a 'thumbs up' in their general direction....

But please let's not start planning JUST yet.
Let's focus on getting the job done first!

Way I see it, when you have only known relative success and dominance, when that disappears you go into denial if you can; football is less important in your life, you're a family man, the weekend is for washing the car on the drive, not paying attention to the footy results. Except if your neighbor won't let you forget, won't let you pretend you don't care. Then you suffer. Ignoring them just lets them off the hook. Make the cunts suffer, just don't make it our trophy, rather, see it is as a bonus activity.

Finishing ahead of Woolwich will never define our success though. Last season was a success, finishing behind them didn't matter. This season is a success because we're improved and challenged again. Getting closer at the very least, to winning it. If we finish next season with less points, less of a challenge, but finish ahead of Woolwich by more places, it would be a disappointing season. Our success is about us. Their failure is about them. I enjoy one more than the other, but I enjoy both.

kO3xQmA.gif

VirginiaSpur

Why wasn't I invited ?
POTY

Back
Top Bottom