Supporting Tottenham in the 60s.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

s-l225.jpg

After Googling,its the one at the top. Mick Stead? Help an old boy out someone.

Now that's a claim to fame not many, if any, of us can boast.

Proper Spurs legend in every sense of the word.

I was certain that this was common knowledge on this forum, not that Blanchflower Blanchflower mentions it a lot. Fairly sure there was a thread or part of one on it.

Thought it was up there with where jimmyriggle jimmyriggle lives, Carlos Brigante’s golden folder, and Maria’s topless photo. (One for the old ‘uns on here).

Last edited:
makes interesting viewing
Not many of that team would play in the modern game, based on that game
Ah, but back in those days there was no rotating squads the same players played. Every league game, (42) back then and every cup game bar injuries. The tackling was a lot tougher and no diving cunts about. Wonder how today's players would get on against the hard enough back then.
Still love watching our current team though.

Ah, but back in those days there was no rotating squads the same players played. Every league game, (42) back then and every cup game bar injuries. The th.
No pens in FA cup ties either. And none of this nonsense about Plod needing 10 days for a replay. Sat-Weds-Sat-Weds...tough titty!!

On the "no diving cunts" bit - have you forgotten Franny Lee? I remember him also punching the ball into our net in the 1970's. Feck me, VAR would have had a field day with some of the stuff that went on.

Ah, but back in those days there was no rotating squads the same players played. Every league game, (42) back then and every cup game bar injuries. The tackling was a lot tougher and no diving cunts about. Wonder how today's players would get on against the hard enough back then.
Still love watching our current team though.
I think the teams of back then would get mullered on fitness alone but when you look at the ball control and passing accuracy you can see that the overall skillset has increased phenomenally since then. The stand out players like Greaves and Dave McKay I think would adapt but most of the others just didn't possess the skills required today.
It all a nonsense anyway as it ignores the 60s team from having modern training, diets and science

I think the teams of back then would get mullered on fitness alone but when you look at the ball control and passing accuracy you can see that the overall skillset has increased phenomenally since then. The stand out players like Greaves and Dave McKay I think would adapt but most of the others just didn't possess the skills required today.
It all a nonsense anyway as it ignores the 60s team from having modern training, diets and science
Do you think so? I think defending has got better ,and as you said fitness.But the skillful players back then had to contend with wearing boots that were nowhere near as comfortable as today,and kicking a ball that (especially when wet) was like toe punting a cannon ball.Go back a few years before that,and the boots were like drill boots.
I sometimes think we don't give some of them old players the credit they deserve.

Back
Top Bottom