Supporting Tottenham in the 60s.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was at the ‘friendly ‘ in 1986 when their fans packed the Park Lane

1-1 with Clive Allen getting the equaliser

Lots of trouble during the game and afterwards

Apparently they brought over 8000 down
I was there too. The kerbs along the High Road were full of empty whiskey bottles by midday.
A few Chelscum union jacks in the Park Lane also.

9 October 1968, Spurs 2 Manchester United 2, Cliff Jones final Spurs game and he scores. He was the last of the double team to play for Spurs.

Just started watching Greaves doc on bt and at the start late 50s and into the 60s as the op the 60s for us Tottenham must have been brilliant and the film shows how simple things were no players,managers,fans.....football great. Notice the spurs player not sure who taking the cup from Danny Blanchflower for a swig whilst cigarette in hand :moursmall: and the social side mentioned by Cliff Jones bell & hare pub with the fans could you imagine sitting nowadays having a half snakebite and whiskey chaser with Giovani Lo Celso.....

Just a quick question looking through fixtures for the 60s was there a reason why league game 2 had a quick turnaround with game 4? 59/60:West Brom , 60/61:Blackpool , 61/62:spammers , 62/63: villa so on

I was there too. The kerbs along the High Road were full of empty whiskey bottles by midday.
A few Chelscum union jacks in the Park Lane also.
That must have been one of Rangers first games under Souness when he was still player/manager.
I remember my Dad telling me Rangers and Woolwich always had a friendly relationship back in the day but it’s definitely Chelsea and Rangers in more recent times.
An unholy alliance in both cases.

I started in 1967 and didn't go to my first game until 1969, so don't think I can add too much to this, unfortunately. Although I went to games in the 70s, I didn't become a regular/season ticket holder until the 80s, which was when I started to go to away matches. The first half of that decade was fun.
thats a blatant Lie Mrs P! we all know your not a day over 40! nice try though! :mourthumb:

Back
Top Bottom