Superstitions

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we're losing at half time then i have to bring myself to climax before the second half kicks off. If i succeed then we will go on to win.

Easy enough generally, but it can cause problems when i'm actually at the game.

No red on match days. For me and kids. Not just clothes. Food, shower gel, cutlery, whatever... navy and white and yellow are the themes of the day.

More recently, at the Watford game, with us 1-0 down in the second half and things looking hopeless, I moved to the back row on the shelf side to find seats 89 and 90 as that was the season I first went to WHL. I was conjuring up the spirit of Gazza, Mabbsy, Lineker and Erik the Viking. I sat/stood across both.

It was me what won it.

Cool story bro etc yeah I know...

:avbfu:

(mainly directed at Troy Deeney)

I say 'come on Tottenham' or 'come on you Spurs' as the game kicks off.
I then forgot whether I should say Spurs or Tottenham so started saying both, one after the other.

Our group never change positions for the second half if we're leading at half time as well.

No red on match days. For me and kids. Not just clothes. Food, shower gel, cutlery, whatever... navy and white and yellow are the themes of the day.

More recently, at the Watford game, with us 1-0 down in the second half and things looking hopeless, I moved to the back row on the shelf side to find seats 89 and 90 as that was the season I first went to WHL. I was conjuring up the spirit of Gazza, Mabbsy, Lineker and Erik the Viking. I sat/stood across both.

It was me what won it.

Cool story bro etc yeah I know...

:avbfu:

(mainly directed at Troy Deeney)

I say 'come on Tottenham' or 'come on you Spurs' as the game kicks off.
I then forgot whether I should say Spurs or Tottenham so started saying both, one after the other.

Our group never change positions for the second half if we're leading at half time as well.

That rings so true!
I try never to utter the word Woolwich on a matchday... which is hard if you're talking football, I also never sing their name inside the stadium, which again, proves tricky if being asked to stand up, if you hate arse***! I always miss that word out! (but I do stand up!!!)

Actually moved queues getting into Wembley on Saturday, as it was number 14 or 15 ... and didn't want that to be the final score... think I ended up at 21... which wasn't the final score either, but, y'know!

Bought a pair of "Argentina" socks to wear during the world cup. Put them on for Palace, Foyth scored. Every time I've worn them since we've won. Have to be very careful with the wash cycles.

I hide my both hands and cross my fingers every time a corner is given either for us or against us.

I'll hide them anywhere, under a cushion, in my pants I don't care but those fuckers always get crossed whenever we're in corner territory.

Ridiculous I know but that's all a part of the fun right?

So many..............
Don't drink out of my Spurs mug on matchdays, have to wear my Spurs wristband on my left arm and my Spurs ring on my right hand. I have to wear my lucky navy blue bra. Always use the posh loo at Wembley. Never wearing red is a given. Never watch us take a penalty. I know it's illogical and nothing I do will make a difference to the result but it doesn't stop me carrying on regardless!

So many..............
Don't drink out of my Spurs mug on matchdays, have to wear my Spurs wristband on my left arm and my Spurs ring on my right hand. I have to wear my lucky navy blue bra. Always use the posh loo at Wembley. Never wearing red is a given. Never watch us take a penalty. I know it's illogical and nothing I do will make a difference to the result but it doesn't stop me carrying on regardless!
It all makes perfect sense to a football fan.

What a WEIRD bunch we all are!

I eat a chocolate roll from the bakery next to our pub at halftime of every game and it's usually good for a second half goal. At half time of Barcelona, I bought all the remaining ones and handed them out and we qualified. It's science.

I wonder if any other fan has had any weird superstitions whilst supporting our great team.

One of mine was I had a haircut just before the 1991 FA cup final and have had one before any subsequent final we have played, hoping for a similar result. Hasn't always worked.

Another was I would always stick to the same pub as long as we were winning. To change pubs was not an option even if it was a shit pub.

Edit: I didn't have the money to go to all the games i'd like to at the time and didn't have Sky through the nineties so the pub was the only option for me.
How’s the Hippie look working out for you?
Do you tie the hair up in a Bun? Ponytail? Or do you just let those flowing locks swing in the wind....
:eriksenlol:

Given how many semi finals and finals we've lost if you have any sort of superstition you are some sort of cunt.

I wonder if any other fan has had any weird superstitions whilst supporting our great team.

One of mine was I had a haircut just before the 1991 FA cup final and have had one before any subsequent final we have played, hoping for a similar result. Hasn't always worked.

Another was I would always stick to the same pub as long as we were winning. To change pubs was not an option even if it was a shit pub.

Edit: I didn't have the money to go to all the games i'd like to at the time and didn't have Sky through the nineties so the pub was the only option for me.
You must have long fucking hair....

Back
Top Bottom