Superstitions

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I wonder if any other fan has had any weird superstitions whilst supporting our great team.

One of mine was I had a haircut just before the 1991 FA cup final and have had one before any subsequent final we have played, hoping for a similar result. Hasn't always worked.

Another was I would always stick to the same pub as long as we were winning. To change pubs was not an option even if it was a shit pub.

Edit: I didn't have the money to go to all the games i'd like to at the time and didn't have Sky through the nineties so the pub was the only option for me.

I wonder if any other fan has had any weird superstitions whilst supporting our great team.

One of mine was I had a haircut just before the 1991 FA cup final and have had one before any subsequent final we have played, hoping for a similar result. Hasn't always worked.

Another was I would always stick to the same pub as long as we were winning. To change pubs was not an option even if it was a shit pub.

I never get susperstitions

Take your haircut.

How many times have you had that haircut and we have lost?

Is it more than 0?
In which case it clearly means nothing, or even worse, means it is the reason we are losing

I never get susperstitions

Take your haircut.

How many times have you had that haircut and we have lost?

Is it more than 0?
In which case it clearly means nothing, or even worse, means it is the reason we are losing
Damn it. You may be right. It is all my fault. (joking)

I was wondering if it is just me. Even little things.

I know it is crazy to believe you can effect anything out of your own control but i know people do. Would just be a little fun to hear of some.

I tend to think that if I had the ability to influence events I have no direct control over, I’d probably be working towards making myself some sort of God.

Though I’d love Pochettino to dedicate a win to “John in Hampshire for wearing his lucky pants. You did it!!!”

You often hear commentators saying something like "Spurs have never lost when Dele scores" (Is that right?)

Isn't that a superstition? As well as a fact, meaning that we should be ok because Dele has scored.

I tend to think that if I had the ability to influence events I have no direct control over, I’d probably be working towards making myself some sort of God.

Though I’d love Pochettino to dedicate a win to “John in Hampshire for wearing his lucky pants. You did it!!!”
We need to know. Where can we buy these lucky pants?

You often hear commentators saying something like "Spurs have never lost when Dele scores" (Is that right?)

Isn't that a superstition? As well as a fact, meaning that we should be ok because Dele has scored.

More of a statistic really.

I get what you mean though. Commentators love to roll out these little facts.

Back
Top Bottom