Sunderland v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Made the mistake of rewatching that Rodwell tackle.

Looks even worse than I remembered.
:pochfacepalm:

We might have been shit, but we'd probably have found a way to score against ten men.
You just know Woolwich would have had the decision go their way.

Im still surprised someone didnt just chop in him half with a knee high challenge off the ball one minute later.
The punishment is a simple yellow, and hopefully you break his fucking legs, bonus

Im still surprised someone didnt just chop in him half with a knee high challenge off the ball one minute later.
The punishment is a simple yellow, and hopefully you break his fucking legs, bonus
It feels worse after we already had this not even receive a yellow card earlier in the season.

Swansea-Citys-Neil-Taylor-catches-Tottenhams-Kyle-Walker-in-the-face-with-his-foot.jpg

Meanwhile, Woolwich get a 97th minute penalty for a 'high boot'.

To anyone who felt we fell short on Tues night, this was a blip and others struggled too.
Well ,last night ended two days of silly results. City, the only team to get 3 points at the top-football has these moments and this was one.Sunderland few years ago, we may have struggled. At least we moved up, nothing to analyse, it was just, one of them days .

So. TheJockmur TheJockmur thinks we usually spend big in January and don't usually tail off in the final stretch. Fucking happy to finish below Woolwich every season this century then I guess. Fucking jerk

When have I ever suggested we spend big in January? Personally I don't feel we need a new squad every 6 months to compete in the league. You act like a spoiled child when it comes to football. You're so short sighted it's a fucking embarrassment. How has the "I want it all right now" worked out for other teams? Do you want to be Man City and have one successful season every 5 at a cost of 200 million a year? Or do you want to see us grow in the correct way that we are?

Edit: Regarding stature, stature means fucking nothing you spud. We aren't the biggest team in England. If the club with the biggest stature should be winning the league, it isn't going to be us in our lifetime.

To anyone who felt we fell short on Tues night, this was a blip and others struggled too.
Well ,last night ended two days of silly results. City, the only team to get 3 points at the top-football has these moments and this was one.Sunderland few years ago, we may have struggled. At least we moved up, nothing to analyse, it was just, one of them days .

Yep, draw with a bottom table team and STILL leap frog Gooners into second. Very un-Spursy!
:tobyarm:

Hard time believing we'll catch Chelsea. The reward in the end may be finishing above Woolwich. Ahead on GD now, need goals, goals, goals!

Yep, draw with a bottom table team and STILL leap frog Gooners into second. Very un-Spursy!
:tobyarm:

Hard time believing we'll catch Chelsea. The reward in the end may be finishing above Woolwich. Ahead on GD now, need goals, goals, goals!
Chelsea could lose against Woolwich and then City at home, we go on winning run-pressure tuns up on them????
Lets hope.

17 hour round trip for a 0-0 draw , oh I love you spurs
I feel for you, I remember two midweek trips to Roker Park as it was then (1987?). We lost the league game and Clive Allen and Graham Roberts got sent off, the latter on a stretcher, then a 0-0 draw in the League Cup. Bloody awful trip midweek, what are the fixture planners thinking of when they let this happen?

I feel for you, I remember two midweek trips to Roker Park as it was then (1987?). We lost the league game and Clive Allen and Graham Roberts got sent off, the latter on a stretcher, then a 0-0 draw in the League Cup. Bloody awful trip midweek, what are the fixture planners thinking of when they let this happen?

2_4_inline_story_470x481_oncomputer.jpg

We will challenge for the title. Just not this season anymore, we will challenge again when we move into our new stadium. Our next season will be much tougher than this.

It's not only about the League. Chelsea don't have international games. Woolwich and City will crash and burn by the end February. Liverpool crashed last month. Us and United may gain just a few points on Chelsea, depending on the players we put out in the EL.

It's no coincidence that PL champions go out early in international and cup competitions. There is too much football played in England. Let's compare:

City 11/12: Out in 3rd round of the FA Cup, out in the round of last 16 in EL
United 12/13: Out in last 8 of the FA Cup, out in the round of last 16 in CL
City 13/14: Out in last 8 of the FA Cup, out in the round of last 16 in CL
Chelsea 14/15: Out in the 4th round of the FA Cup, out in the round of last 16 in CL
Leicester 15/16: Out in the 3rd round of the FA Cup, no international competition

Remember, all but Leicester have enough money to attract decent players who will accept a role on the bench.

For us, the league title is gone. I'd be very happy to win the EL (I personally prefer it to the FA Cup), but I'm not too sure if we are that far yet. Our B team just doesn't seem strong enough.

Yes, we could still aim for the title, but it'd just end in bitter disappointment just as did last year. No reason for that. Title. is. gone.
I agree it's gone with the last two games both being draws.

I think we should go for the cups but Poch will go for top four. I don't know if it's him or Levy making that decision? Still love Poch though. I think the Europa is harder to win, from the position we are now in, if we can manage to scrape past Fulham with the reserve side we will play, then it's only two games whilst the league season is still on to get to the final...maybe we will go full strength for them. But I think we will prioritise the Europa over the FA Cup because of the CL place. Personally I'd prioritise the FA Cup if I had to choose one.

I think we should go for the cups but Poch will go for top four. I don't know if it's him or Levy making that decision? Still love Poch though. I think the Europa is harder to win, from the position we are now in, if we can manage to scrape past Fulham with the reserve side we will play, then it's only two games whilst the league season is still on to get to the final...maybe we will go full strength for them. But I think we will prioritise the Europa over the FA Cup because of the CL place. Personally I'd prioritise the FA Cup if I had to choose one.

What happens if we get to th final of the FA cup though, do we play Vorm or Lloris? As we would all love to see Hugo lifting a trophy for spurs, but then if form plays on every game how can we drop him for the final?

What happens if we get to th final of the FA cup though, do we play Vorm or Lloris? As we would all love to see Hugo lifting a trophy for spurs, but then if form plays on every game how can we drop him for the final?
Tough one. Can understand playing Vorm so he is kept happy and is ready for games like Sunderland. It would then be harsh to drop him. He's a very good number 2 IMO. Most teams in this position tend to keep the number two in for the final. So I'd probably go with that...but glad I don't have to make the decision...would also love to see Hugo lift a trophy, it would also help him want to stay at the club.

Chelsea -League Cup, Loris in for final -Vorm dropped. So theres history.
Lets get there first before we discuss such an issue.

Forget about finals and May. lets see where we are on Monday, it may all seem different . We need to collect all three points because Chelsea will lose against Woolwich.

Back
Top Bottom