Sunderland (home) Ghost of Chimbonda derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

does anyone have a gif of freund falling over during that manic bit where parker's shot got blocked and lennon's shot cleared onto the post?

772301628.gif

I dont understand a couple of notions in this view.

1) That last season we threw it away, but this season we didnt. You say we capitulated at Villa, but ignore the shit performance at home to Fulham, the poor display against Everton and being played off the park at Wigan and luckily getting a last minute own goal to salvage a point. Or how about the defensive comedy circus act at Anfield that gifted Pool the points. Thats not throwing it away? How is that different?

2) The dismissing of those performances and results by saying Woolwich found great form? Surely thats the point of proving you are the better team right? To win the games you need to in order to finish above your rivals?

People seem to forget we actually finished 4th last season.

I think my point was that the difference between us this year and last year when we finished on fewer points than this year, yet level on points (IIRC) with Woolwich, was that last year we completely and utterly folded in the last 7 games. Our performance this year in the run in would have been enough if Woolwich had played like their run-in last season. We upped our game (year on year), but they upped their game more.

I think.....

We didn't capitulate like last season, we had some bad luck. The loss to Liverpool was unlucky. And who could have predicted the Inter Milan game would end the way it did - Inter aren't even any good this season - terribly unlucky to have that game go to extra time, and get Lennon injured - that certainly influenced the shambles of a display against Fulham three days later.

We came back strong after that terrible week which bodes well for next season.

Our big problem was not being able to score when dominating games - we relied on Bale brilliance far too many times - but to win so many points in the last few minutes was an impressive transformation from the team that started the season giving up so many points in the last minutes.

It's a disappointing end to the season but I consider it a successful one overall - and AVB deserves some credit considering how weakened our team has been with players sold, injured and under-form.

Just home, fucking brilliant

Unlucky with the other results, but we done out bit..best day of my life bar none

Was in block 24, around some great lads..mum loved it

i met Chivers,Sig,Lloris,Walker,Friedal,Naughton and Dawson who chatted with us for a good 10 minutes, wants to stay here for rest of career

I love you all and everyone at spurs, up and onwards to next season!

But we had a fantastic start last season.
The order the results come in is irrelevant when you total up the points and compare totals against your rivals, so all this back slapping for 72 points is cobblers... We finished 5th and not even by way of goal difference.

I think the order definitely is relevant in terms of momentum and morale...

If you watched some of Woolwich's games during their end of season run, they pulled out a couple dodgy wins despite playing like shit. Really poor luck for us unfortunately.

West Brom 1 - 2 Woolwich (Mertesacker sent off at 70 minutes, Long converts the penalty, West Brom creates a ton more chances but doesn't get an equalizer)

Fulham 0 - 1 Woolwich (Woolwich were shit this game and barely won despite playing against 10 men for nearly 80 minutes (thanks Sidwell))

QPR 0 - 1 Woolwich (Walcott scores in the first 20 seconds, QPR come close but never equalize the rest of the game)

Woolwich 3 - 1 Norwich (down a goal with 5 minutes of regular time to play they get a dodgy penalty and Norwich proceed to collapse)

Oh well, you could easily do a counterpart list showing all the games where Bale saved us from dropping points with a ridiculous thunderbolt.

Yeah, but at least a thunderbolt DESERVES to win a game... watching every opposition ArseAnal have faced this season conspire to miss-hit, fluff, fuck up and give up on every chance they have to at least equalise, if not actually beat those jammy cunts (ArseAnal: Being Lucky since 1979) makes me sick to my core!

Wenger has scrapped in by 1 point the past 2 seasons now - they have had some very lucky decisions. I can accept Utd, Citeh and the Chavs all deserve to be playing CL because if we're being honest, they are all very good sides. Woolwich are just average in comparison and their results v the top 5 proves this.

They have been playing with fire for 2 seasons now, they will get their fingers burnt. We have the desire and hunger. :avbwtf:

Back
Top Bottom