Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We signed two more players than the team we are chasing down for fourth. As it stands we are stronger than they were 2 weeks ago so try and see the positives pal.
We’re stronger than we were a few days ago thanks to ridding ourselves of the stench of Rose & Eriksen. No more poison in the dressing room now hopefully.

Lost what to say in here. How are we a club that was playing in a champions league final last season. To starting the game on Sunday with not a forward. Remember the day

Lloris
Gazzaniga
Whiteman
Vorm (end of contract this summer)
Austin (out on loan until this summer)

Alderweireld
Vertonghen (end of contract this summer)
Sanchez
Foyth
Aurier
Davies
Tanganga
Cirkin (new name)

Winks
Lamela
Wanyama
Dier
Sissoko
Dele
Moura
NDombele
Skipp
Sessegnon
Gedson
Lo Celso

Son
Kane
Parrott
Bergwijn

What odds for Levy to try for another zero spend window? :levystare:

giphy.gif

I am presently seriously hoping we don’t sign anyone. I’d love nothing more than losing the entitled crybaby element of our fan base and think a blank window might encourage these emotionally stunted fuckwits to fuck off and support West Ham because they buy lots of players, or Everton because they are in debt. That’d be nice.

We are getting there with this rebuild and are going in a very exciting direction. Unfortunately we couldn't bring a striker in this window gone but players like Lo Celso, N'dombele, and Tanganga make me excited for the future.

So what do you guys think will happen come summer(not what you want to happen but how you think or will actually play out). I'm gonna do this by positions:

Goalkeepers
I'm good with Gazza as back up but not convinced with Hugo moving forward. Think we have more pressing issues though so Mourinho will keep it as it is.
VERDICT = Hugo and Gazza

Right Backs
Think Aurier has been brilliant since Mourinho has come in and its clear Mourinho rates him. Think another right back will be bought to compete.
VERDICT = Aurier and new right back

Left Backs
Personally i'm not a massive fan of Davies but appreciate what he brings. Think Mourinho likes him and i also think a new left back will be purchased to compete with Rose leaving.
VERDICT = Davies and new left back with Rose leaving.

Centre backs
Toby and Tanganga are certainties to stay. Long story short i think Foyth will be gone and Vertonghen and Sanchez are more or less competing to stay with a new centre back coming in. I think if Jan signs a new contract then Sanchez will be sold.
VERDICT = Toby, Tanganga, new CB, one of Sanchez or Jan staying.

Centre Midfield
Lo Celso, N'Dombele, Gedson and Winks will stay. I think Mourinho is a big fan of Sissoko so he will but think Dier is not rated like he previously was by Mourinho so he will be sold. My personal opinion is that there is a need for a DM but i think we won't bring one in as Mourinho will be happy with the current 5 cm's providing N'dombele can prove fitness.
VERDICT = Lo Celso, N'Dombele, Gedson, Winks, Sissoko with Dier sold and Skipp loaned.

Attacking Midfielders/Wingers
Son, Alli, Lucas, Sessegnon, Bergwijn all staying. Lamela being sold and Clarke loaned again.
VERDICT= Son, Alli, Lucas, Bergwijn and Sessegnon wih Lamela sold and Clarke loaned.

Strikers
VERDICT= Kane and a new striker

So that's a 23 man squad and Mourinho has stated he likes a smaller squad.

IN:
RB: Aarons
CM: Soumare
CB: Ake
ST: ??? I don't know
**make Gedson permanent**

OUT:
Dier
Wanyama (is he out yet?)
Jan
Rose
Foyth