Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fuck me this has started already?

Pierre-Emile Holjberg (contracts expires 2021)
Robin Koch or Matthias Ginter (both contracts expire 2021)
Eberechi Eze
Max Aarons
Arkadius Milik (contract expires 2021)

If we need to be artful that's 6 players to choose from with reduced fees and a promising young creative player all mouldable, all within our reach even if we don't make top 4.

DM, CB, AM, RB & FWD sorted. £125m excluding money made on outgoings.

Eberechi Eze
Max Aarons

If we need to be artful that's 6 players to choose from with reduced fees and a promising young creative player all mouldable, all within our reach even if we don't make top 4.

We needed a thread where we could moan properly after the January window closes...

Eberechi Eze
Max Aarons

It would've been nice to field some of those players when we face off against Leipzig later this month and to help with our FA Cup campaign and of course our fight for Top 4. But I guess there's always next year.

For me, it's going to be important to get more homegrown players because we have basically no flexibility for the incomings in the squad right now. Any foreign player we bring in right now has to lead to us getting rid of another foreign player. I would like to see us target Aarons, Eze, Watkins, Bowen, Ferguson, and maybe some other young and talented English players to help us with our homegrown numbers.

We have to get the backup striker slot figured out, I was thinking we need someone with a lot of experience because the hope would be Parrott can come in and challenge for a starting place in a couple of seasons when our backup could leave. However, we probably need someone a bit better who is versatile to play in other positions due to Kane's injury history. Ollie Watkins may be the guy to get considering how well he's been playing at striker for Brentford, can also play on the wings too.

We have to get a defensive midfielder, for me Denis Zakaria needs to be Target No. 1 this summer. I know Florentino Luis is the guy everyone is talking about, but I would like someone with a bit more experience and Zakaria has been playing in the Bundesliga since 2017.

It's also time to look at a CB since Vertonghen is leaving, there are a number of quality options out there that we can get who will be able to replace Jan. We could also maybe swap out like Gazzaniga for a new backup keeper to eventually replace Lloris.

As far as players to officially move on: Wanyama, Dier, Rose, and I would probably look to move on someone like Lucas or Lamela.

For me, it's going to be important to get more homegrown players because we have basically no flexibility for the incomings in the squad right now. Any foreign player we bring in right now has to lead to us getting rid of another foreign player. I would like to see us target Aarons, Eze, Watkins, Bowen, Ferguson, and maybe some other young and talented English players to help us with our homegrown numbers.

We have to get the backup striker slot figured out, I was thinking we need someone with a lot of experience because the hope would be Parrott can come in and challenge for a starting place in a couple of seasons when our backup could leave. However, we probably need someone a bit better who is versatile to play in other positions due to Kane's injury history. Ollie Watkins may be the guy to get considering how well he's been playing at striker for Brentford, can also play on the wings too.

We have to get a defensive midfielder, for me Denis Zakaria needs to be Target No. 1 this summer. I know Florentino Luis is the guy everyone is talking about, but I would like someone with a bit more experience and Zakaria has been playing in the Bundesliga since 2017.

It's also time to look at a CB since Vertonghen is leaving, there are a number of quality options out there that we can get who will be able to replace Jan. We could also maybe swap out like Gazzaniga for a new backup keeper to eventually replace Lloris.

As far as players to officially move on: Wanyama, Dier, Rose, and I would probably look to move on someone like Lucas or Lamela.
And if the FA plans on HG players happens, we'll need them even more.

User: doktordanny1
Reason: should rather be on the Inter forums
Action: Warn

Reported message

Thread: https://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/posts/2196614/

Number of teams willing to pay £17m for him - one.

“let’s put his value as £81m”
The fact that one og the biggest clubs in Europe pay 17m to sign a player with 5 months left of his contract speaks volumes. Compared to inter Milan THFC is a minor club. Levy sabotaged CEs move to Real Madrid. What an ashole...

Back
Top Bottom