Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My point was that his post was pathetic and pedantic.
He has been recovering for nearly a month already since he hobbled off against Morocco, and expect him to be undergoing rehab and fitness work pretty much on schedule.
To be honest that doesn't even matter anyway - the response was .... well jesus if you don't see it yourself I cant really help you.

I'M NOT READING BEYOND THIS POINT BECAUSE SERGE MAY OR MORE LIKELY MAY NOT BE FIT FOR THE OPENING GAME. EVERYTHING ELSE IS REDUNDANT. POINTS ABOUT SIGNINGS ARE NO LONGER RELEVANT COS CUNT DUN NO SERGE INJURED AND MISSING FIRST GAME LOL I NO ALL DOUGH.

Or something to that effect. On your bike with your vacations.
You ok, sweetcheeks?

Quotes from Poch earlier:

Poch has this to say on Daniel Levy and further signings (Football London): “I told Daniel during the flight from London that I will be happy with the squad that you are going to provide me to work with. I’m always happy. I’m a happy man, working with 25 players, always. We are going to have 25 players to work with. Always I was happy and I’m going to be happy. That is my nature.”

He says specifically that we are going to have 25 players to work with. I make the guaranteed ones:

1: Lloris
2: Gazzaniga
3: Davies
4: Vertoghen
5: Sanchez
6: Foyth
7: Dier
8: Winks
9: Sissoko
10: Ndombele
11: Lamela
12: Lucas
13: Dele
14: Son
15: Kane

Ones with question marks over them:

16: Alderweireld
17: Aurier
19: Walker-Peters
20: Rose
21: Wanyama
22: Skipp
23: Eriksen
24: Llorente
25: 3rd choice GK

I'm pretty sure Skipp will be regarding as a part of that 25 man squad now & reading between the lines as to what Poch said about working with a 25 man squad I think we can expect a few necessary outs before we see ins.

The area of concern I have is if we want and expect a balanced squad I don't see where we can fit Lo Celso in without moving Eriksen on, unless of course he takes Llorente or Wanyama's place and Skipp takes a more senior role in the group.
I know there has been a ton of discussion here about (potentially) moving Aurier. But he's only been with the club 2 years, and was injured most of last year.

After spending roughly 23 million on him, I'd be somewhat surprised if we sold him already.

Seems like this is more of a case that some supporters might want him gone, but I'm not sure Poch/Levy feel the same.

I've certainly seen a couple of media stories suggesting Sissoko might be included in a deal for Zaniola from Roma. How true they are are anyone's guess.

Loads of possible deals floating around at this time of the transfer window. However Spurs agenda is clearly to bring in maybe 6 players ( including youngsters) whilst sorting out Eriksen Alderweireld contract situations and dealing with s few players that actively want to leave ( Trippier and maybe Rose) as priority.

And that means that whilst Poch might have half a dozen players in the ," not bothered if they stay or go," category, fact is that if any of he players go we need to replace them somehow to ensure we end up with a decent sized quality squad - so if say Sissoko. Lamela and a few others are on that list it's actually unlikely they will leave this TW as there is too much to do ,( transfers take time as you will appreciate, unless you are an FM player !)

So in short I think Sissoko stays until January or next summer or maybe even longer

Not perhaps the ringing endorsement you are looking for, but a pragmatic one

So he’s not being ‘hawked around ‘ then

:levylol:

But Poch kept picking Trippier, all the way to the CL final. So either you think not everything Poch does is right or that you were wrong about Trippier. Which is it.

Not as simple as that

Who the fuck do you think you are?

Andrew Neil?

You’ll be asking me about paragraph 5c next!!

But I do concede that not everything Poch does is 100% correct
Happy now?

But he’s bang on about selecting Sissoko imv

Perhaps he didn’t have much choice in having to select Tripps due to injuries etc

What I do know is that he got rid at knock down price for an England international which says it all for me and should for you

Not as simple as that

Who the fuck do you think you are?

Andrew Neil?

You’ll be asking me about paragraph 5c next!!

But I do concede that not everything Poch does is 100% correct
Happy now?

But he’s bang on about selecting Sissoko imv

Perhaps he didn’t have much choice in having to select Tripps due to injuries etc

What I do know is that he got rid at knock down price for an England international which says it all for me and should for you
stab the cunt in the neck, Baz

As far as Levy is concerned, Aurier is an asset currently in negative equity. He's going nowhere
So are Vincent and GKN (in -ve equity) but they are going somewhere, can't see why not same apply to Aurier unless he will be used heavily this season, he can develop to better Tripps.

Every minute was fucken pish, Baz. Welsh has had his day. The cast are all yesterday's cunts. Fuck them all. And fuck you for liking it so much you have a hierarchy of scenes. Cunts the lot a youse

You’re absolutely correct old chap

A well constructed argument indeed

Did you say that you were into Noel Coward?
I saw Blithe Spirit last Saturday
What ho

Sessegnon replacement.

Knockaert medical today and Fulham signed Ivan Cavaleiro on loan from Wolves last week:

Two wingers through the door there, inthink Sessegnon will be offski soon.

Back
Top Bottom