Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

(I'm interpreting evidence.... Stats if you will... Funny you'd be against that... Again, twice in 24 hours you turn your nose up at me doing so.... Complexity of character or just hypocricy? Hmmmm....)

We were led to believe Serge was unfit for the CL final... So all the melting goes, he and the 2 Harrys should not have been on the pitch.

Q. Why was Serge played in the bulk of CL games instead of say Brighton, Newcastle et al? :kanehand:
(I'm interpreting evidence.... Stats if you will... Funny you'd be against that... Again, twice in 24 hours you turn your nose up at me doing so.... Complexity of character or just hypocricy? Hmmmm....)

We were led to believe Serge was unfit for the CL final... So all the melting goes, he and the 2 Harrys should not have been on the pitch.

Q. Why was Serge played in the bulk of CL games instead of say Brighton, Newcastle et al? :kanehand:

I have absolutely no problem with "stats" (when contextualised etc) and welcome/encourage the use of any factual evidence used to support an opinion, I wasn't criticising you for using stats, I was highlighting your double standard of lambasting me for using them. whilst in the same thread conversation using them yourself.

We were led to believe Aurier was well and truly fit for the final - and he was on the bench - he didn't make it on to the pitch?

Trippier played 627 minutes in the CL last season including both QF's, both Semis and the final (with Aurier available), Aurier played 425.

Your big game theory is pretty weak. last Season in the PL (Poch's priority) Trippier started the vast majority of big games (even when Aurier was available):

Trippier League
ManU (a) Aurier on bench
Liverpool (h) Aurier on bench
ManC (h) Aurier on bench
ManU (h)
Chelsea (a) Aurier on bench
Woolwich (h) Aurier on bench
Liverpool (a)

The only two "big" games Aurier stared were when Trippier was injured (I think):

Aurier League
Woolwich (a) Trippier injured
Chelsea (h) Trippier injured

In the CC semi final they started one each.

As for your earlier claim about Trippier being targeted, I posted a heat map which covered the whole of 17/18 season after this was claimed at the start of this season, it's in the Trippier thread, and shows that we conceded more chances down our left than right through that whole season. None of us have a clue if any opposing managers targeted Trippier, or of they did if they targeted Trippier because he's "Trippier" of if they do it because tactically, the way we play will always expose pushed up FB's, particularly the more attacking one, but there's no real evidence that suggests defensively over a long period of time we've been "weaker" down our right - unless someone posts the same for last season and it is reversed - but we have heard people like Pogba interviewed and stating they worked min attacking behind both our fb's.

I stopped reading when you didn't know that Aurier will almost certainly not be fit for the first couple of games of PL season - he's just come back from Afcon and after ,3 weeks off will start preseason just before PL season starts

Foyth and Son are suspended for the first ,2 games as well.

Well I had the decency to quote and respond having read the entirety of your post.

Last I saw, Aurier had a 'hurty wrist' and would expect him to make the squad for the first game.
Didn't include Foyth anywhere and specifically referenced Sons suspension.

Why bother even replying to be honest? Jesus - you might have to be my first 'block' on this forum.
Trying to make out you're some kind of oracle regarding Aurier's fitness, and anyone else less than yourself in that regard is simply not worth reading material from.

BUT it's important to let people you know you stopped reading, with your high and mighty justification for doing so.

Plenty of posts I can't be bothered to read - but I'm not going to quote them and reply with something pathetically pedantic.

Sort it out if you don't mind. I feel I can say what I like about you this far down the post because you probably won't be reading beyond how little I know about Serge being guaranteed to miss the first couple of games. Twat. You even said 'almost certainly' - so that's not even a certainty?? Christ. £100 says Serge makes the opening day squad, passed as fit to play?

Well I had the decency to quote and respond having read the entirety of your post.

Last I saw, Aurier had a 'hurty wrist' and would expect him to make the squad for the first game.
Didn't include Foyth anywhere and specifically referenced Sons suspension.

Why bother even replying to be honest? Jesus - you might have to be my first 'block' on this forum.
Trying to make out you're some kind of oracle regarding Aurier's fitness, and anyone else less than yourself in that regard is simply not worth reading material from.

BUT it's important to let people you know you stopped reading, with your high and mighty justification for doing so.

Plenty of posts I can't be bothered to read - but I'm not going to quote them and reply with something pathetically pedantic.

Sort it out if you don't mind. I feel I can say what I like about you this far down the post because you probably won't be reading beyond how little I know about Serge being guaranteed to miss the first couple of games. Twat. You even said 'almost certainly' - so that's not even a certainty?? Christ. £100 says Serge makes the opening day squad, passed as fit to play?
Aurier just started his vacation - he'll barely be back in London when the season's started and will be nowhere near match fit. That's what your missing.

You know the deal is really close when you start hearing rumors like this..

This smells like that Ndombele to United shit.
If nothing else, the past couple of years have given us the rough template for these protracted transfer sagas.

- initial vague reports
- more reputable outlets start reporting it (if real)
- pause
- speculation ramps up with rough figure for fee
- terms allegedly agreed with player
- 'two clubs valuations are far apart'
- *shock link with rival club completely out of the blue*
- selling club signs player who is suspiciously of the same position
- reliable media reports that it's done
- Spurs social media keep us waiting at least 24 hours longer than we can handle

Aurier just started his vacation - he'll barely be back in London when the season's started and will be nowhere near match fit. That's what your missing.

My point was that his post was pathetic and pedantic.
He has been recovering for nearly a month already since he hobbled off against Morocco, and expect him to be undergoing rehab and fitness work pretty much on schedule.
To be honest that doesn't even matter anyway - the response was .... well jesus if you don't see it yourself I cant really help you.

I'M NOT READING BEYOND THIS POINT BECAUSE SERGE MAY OR MORE LIKELY MAY NOT BE FIT FOR THE OPENING GAME. EVERYTHING ELSE IS REDUNDANT. POINTS ABOUT SIGNINGS ARE NO LONGER RELEVANT COS CUNT DUN NO SERGE INJURED AND MISSING FIRST GAME LOL I NO ALL DOUGH.

Or something to that effect. On your bike with your vacations.

Quotes from Poch earlier:

Poch has this to say on Daniel Levy and further signings (Football London): “I told Daniel during the flight from London that I will be happy with the squad that you are going to provide me to work with. I’m always happy. I’m a happy man, working with 25 players, always. We are going to have 25 players to work with. Always I was happy and I’m going to be happy. That is my nature.”

He says specifically that we are going to have 25 players to work with. I make the guaranteed ones:

1: Lloris
2: Gazzaniga
3: Davies
4: Vertoghen
5: Sanchez
6: Foyth
7: Dier
8: Winks
9: Sissoko
10: Ndombele
11: Lamela
12: Lucas
13: Dele
14: Son
15: Kane

Ones with question marks over them:

16: Alderweireld
17: Aurier
19: Walker-Peters
20: Rose
21: Wanyama
22: Skipp
23: Eriksen
24: Llorente
25: 3rd choice GK

I'm pretty sure Skipp will be regarding as a part of that 25 man squad now & reading between the lines as to what Poch said about working with a 25 man squad I think we can expect a few necessary outs before we see ins.

The area of concern I have is if we want and expect a balanced squad I don't see where we can fit Lo Celso in without moving Eriksen on, unless of course he takes Llorente or Wanyama's place and Skipp takes a more senior role in the group.

Back
Top Bottom