Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Oh fucking shut up

Get your head out of Levys warm moist arsecrack for five seconds and wake the fuck up, not all of us want to sit here and live in some sort of alternative reality fantasy world where we delude ourselves into believing he will suddenly change the habit of a lifetime.

Until he shows it then I will remain sceptical, forgive me for doing so considering we haven't purchased a single fucking player in 18 months and have had our own manager consistently talking about how we need to strengthen.

Unless people seriously believe that Poch has been happy to not sign a single player in that entire time? In which case they need a reality check and to put the crack pipe down.

Last edited:
"Spend like City"

...We get it. We REALLY do.

You're an insufferable bore mate, you really are. You clearly don't get it because I have reiterated about 50 times now that in order for us to seriously compete with City and Liverpool realistically we have to match them in the market or we will continue to remain where we are or go backwards.

Our manager wants to win things and he knows what it takes to make that happen, some of our supporters seem to be happy with us just being in the top four, I am glad he doesn't share that loser mentality.

I am not saying we can spend the money either, I am not saying we will, I am saying that's what's necessary if we want to continuously win trophies, our manager knows that as well, the reality is that probably won't happen until ENIC sell up.

You have yet to dispute what I am saying with any rational fucking argument, you just keep repeating that " Spend like City" bullshit with absolutley zero context to try and cunt me off.

You should give Levy a call and ask if he needs an accountant.

Let me ask you something Air while I am here, what do you actually want this football club to achieve? And if it's winning trophies (which I assume it is?) How do you think we can do that without competing against clubs that can currently obliterate us in the transfer market and buy up all the top talent who are actually capable of winning trophies?

The only realistic answer is that our current owners either completely change their policy and match the teams above us and find a way to spend at that level or we get new owners, is it not?

Unless of course you think we can compete with clubs like Real Madrid, City etc without matching them in financial terms over the long term?

I mean, for me personally, I want us to become the best club in world football, isn't that the goal for every supporter?

Last edited:
Here's an idea, you fat bat eyed cunt.

There's 2 months of the transfer window left - so sit tight, shut up, and wait and fucking see.

If we've made no signings by then, then fair fucking game. But get off your high horse, learn patience, and shut your cunt mouth. Before I shut it for you.

Don't bother responding. You're a massive gooner troll and I'm going to drive you off this forum. Now fuck off

Everyone you disagree with on here or disagrees with you is a gooner troll mate, hearing you repeat that ad nasuem is boring as fuck and if you honestly think I am a gooner troll then it really does just prove to me you're a delusional cunt.

And your "big man" talk really just makes you look pathetic so wind it in you silly twat.

I can comment and write whatever the fuck I like about my football club and if you disagree with it I really couldn't give a toss.

Every single window it's the same bollocks "We have months left yet" then it's "We still have two weeks, don't worry!" then the window shuts and we have fuck all and the same bootlickers making the same boring fucking excuses for our lack of ambition on the football side of things.

If you bothered to listen to what our manager has been saying about getting signings done early you would know why some of us are getting a little concerned.

You're an insufferable bore mate, you really are. You clearly don't get it because I have reiterated about 50 times now that in order for us to seriously compete with City and Liverpool realistically we have to match them in the market or we will continue to remain where we are or go backwards.

Our manager wants to win things and he knows what it takes to make that happen, some of our supporters seem to be happy with us just being in the top four, I am glad he doesn't share that loser mentality.

I am not saying we can spend the money either, I am not saying we will, I am saying that's what's necessary if we want to continuously win trophies, our manager knows that as well, the reality is that probably won't happen until ENIC sell up.

You have yet to dispute what I am saying with any rational fucking argument, you just keep repeating that " Spend like City" bullshit with absolutley zero context to try and cunt me off.

Let me ask you something Air while I am here, what do you actually want this football club to achieve? And if it's winning trophies (which I assume it is?) How do you think we can do that without competing against clubs that can currently obliterate us in the transfer market and buy up all the top talent who are actually capable of winning trophies?

The only realistic answer is that our current owners either completely change their policy and match the teams above us and find a way to spend at that level or we get new owners, is it not?

Unless of course you think we can compete with clubs like Real Madrid, City etc without matching them in financial terms over the long term?

I mean, for me personally, I want us to become the best club in world football, isn't that the goal for every supporter?

:dembelelol:

Who is the insufferable bore? I think it's the guy that mindlessly repeats the same thing 50 times trying to make his point.

Watched Coutinho against Bolivia, two goals and MoM, bossed the game from start to finish ... he will cost a lot and no doubt want a huge salary but when he's good feck is he good .....

A) Get business done early and make sure our manager has his first choice targets, irrespective of their market value and will pay what is needed to secure them rather than caring about getting the best deal.

And

B) Break our transfer record, which currently sits at below £40m.

Neither of which is going to happen imo, both of which needs to happen if we want to improve on, or even stay where we are, in terms of league position.

Now, I could just be a cynic when it comes to Levy and I hope I am proven wrong, I really do because like I said before, I think we are at a crossroads as a club, especially with the new stadium.

It's put up or shut up time basically as far as ENIC and Levy are concerned
The previous transfer record was set with considerably lower income stream (I think). If Levy does not up the ante this time around with 100 million CL money, and stadium revenue due to increase greatly, he will lose many of us, as well as Pochetino. Crossroads is exactly right.

The previous transfer record was set with considerably lower income stream (I think). If Levy does not up the ante this time around with 100 million CL money, and stadium revenue due to increase greatly, he will lose many of us, as well as Pochetino. Crossroads is exactly right.

Lose many of us!?!?

If that’s your mentality I’ll happily see you leave.

We won £150m for our Champions League run. The way I see it that will go on Ndombele and Lo Celso. Any further sales will go towards improving the squad elsewhere.

If we can sell on Lamela, Wanyama, Onomah, CCV, Nkoudou, Janssen and one of the right backs then we’ll make enough to strengthen a couple more positions.

Then we have the Alderweireld and Eriksen predicament.

We won £150m for our Champions League run. The way I see it that will go on Ndombele and Lo Celso. Any further sales will go towards improving the squad elsewhere.

If we can sell on Lamela, Wanyama, Onomah, CCV, Nkoudou, Janssen and one of the right backs then we’ll make enough to strengthen a couple more positions.

The Eriksen predicament is solved by signing Ndombele and Lo Celso.

The Alderweireld predicament is solved (slowly) by just sticking with Sanchez and allowing him and Vertonghen to form a partnership with consistent game time. Sanchez isn't on Alderweirelds level, but he's 23 years old and signing someone else just further halts his development when he needs game time.

I know you “couldn’t give a toss if people disagree” but surely the point of a discussion is to ‘give a toss’ about other’s views and, as in this case, to try to understand why no-one agrees with you? Repeating yourself 50 times irrespective of what other people think isn’t having a discussion.

not sure how much we got from CL run (not question you just I don't know) but a big chunk of that money will go in player bonuses for getting though rounds & getting to final.
but agree if we spend the money its not profit and thus can't be taxed

The Eriksen predicament is solved by signing Ndombele and Lo Celso.

The Alderweireld predicament is solved (slowly) by just sticking with Sanchez and allowing him and Vertonghen to form a partnership with consistent game time. Sanchez isn't on Alderweirelds level, but he's 23 years old and signing someone else just further halts his development when he needs game time.
Broadly agree with that, although, as I said the other day, that effectively gets us back to the 2017-2018 level, albeit with what would seem to be an upgrade on Dembele. There's still an issue of reinforcing our attacking midfield options, especially with Lamela's injury problems.

In other news, if West Ham get Maxi for near to the reported £25 million they've bid that would look like very good business

I really don’t know what the problem is. All you need to do is pick a player with a pretty name, massive bonus if he’s on the front cover of FM20, whack in a £90m bid and the next day take a picture of him holding the shirt with his name on it.. it really is that simple. For example Paul Pogba, look at the heights he took Man Utd to.
The more i’s and o’s in his surname the better. Come on Levy, Julio fastasfuckinio is waiting for your call..

Back
Top Bottom