Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's only my opinion but I find Sanchez more like a sweeper than anything else. He doesn't seem to get involved in anything moving forward. Most of the best teams regardless of country will try to move forward as a unit. Wing backs, attacking midfield etc. But when Spurs are moving forward, Sanchez seems to stay back. I'd like to see him more involved in the build up. To contribute to an aggressive back 4. Say what you like about Tripps, he's always up there trying. As is Toby and Rose. G
For me it's just not a style that fits in the modern day game.
Please don't everyone attack me immediately. I'm here on the forum to exchange ideas and opinions. Ultimately we all want the same thing. Silverware in the cabinet. We just have different ideas about the best way to do it. But as Englishmen and gentlemen, we should remain civilised and slightly understated.

The daily/weekly/monthly meeting with Daniel must have thrown up names but we/they got away with it! But they won’t again.

Well we didn't sign anyone for 18 months, 2 windows running, and became the first major club ever in Europe to find it impossible to buy a single player in the summer.

Are you seriously telling me Poch had no targets??

I’m telling you that Levy told Poch we couldn’t sign anyone during the summer because of all the additional stadium costs. Can you seriously not see the connection ? Or are you that upset about missing out on Grealish? Or is it Berahino?

I’m telling you that Levy told Poch we couldn’t sign anyone during the summer because of all the additional stadium costs. Can you seriously not see the connection ? Or are you that upset about missing out on Grealish? Or is it Berahino?
I see (also on the BBC) that a million is being spent to improve the brand new players lounge. Priorities.???

Is it just me, or have we inherited a lot more wankers this summer than usual? :pocheyes:

Seems to be an influx of mass delusion and collective amnesia when it comes to talking about this transfer window.

People believing that Daniel Levy has had an epiphany (or have forgotten every other window, especially the last two) and has now decided to break the habit of his entire tenure here and suddenly he will,

A) Get business done early and make sure our manager has his first choice targets, irrespective of their market value and will pay what is needed to secure them rather than caring about getting the best deal.

And

B) Break our transfer record, which currently sits at below £40m.

Neither of which is going to happen imo, both of which needs to happen if we want to improve on, or even stay where we are, in terms of league position.

Now, I could just be a cynic when it comes to Levy and I hope I am proven wrong, I really do because like I said before, I think we are at a crossroads as a club, especially with the new stadium.

It's put up or shut up time basically as far as ENIC and Levy are concerned, they have built us this fantastic ground that I am incredibly grateful for but none of that will mean a thing if we are regressing as a football club on the pitch going forwards.

And I can hear people saying "But we made it to the CL final under this model" and my answer to that is, get your heads out of the sand and look at the bigger picture, be realistic, this teams chances of replicating that with no top quality signings is slim, very slim imo.

It's time this club started winning trophies again.

Seems to be an influx of mass delusion and collective amnesia when it comes to talking about this transfer window.

People believing that Daniel Levy has had an epiphany (or have forgotten every other window, especially the last two) and has now decided to break the habit of his entire tenure here and suddenly he will,

A) Get business done early and make sure our manager has his first choice targets, irrespective of their market value and will pay what is needed to secure them rather than caring about getting the best deal.

And

Neither of which is going to happen imo, both of which needs to happen if we want to improve on, or even stay where we are, in terms of league position.

Now, I could just be a cynic when it comes to Levy and I hope I am proven wrong, I really do because like I said before, I think we are at a crossroads as a club, especially with the new stadium.

It's put up or shut up time basically as far as ENIC and Levy are concerned, they have built us this fantastic ground that I am incredibly grateful for but none of that will mean a thing if we are regressing as a football club on the pitch going forwards.

And I can hear people saying "But we made it to the CL final under this model" and my answer to that is, get your heads out of the sand and look at the bigger picture, be realistic, this teams chances of replicating that with no top quality signings is slim, very slim imo.

"Spend like City"

...We get it. We REALLY do.

And

Oh fucking shut up

Back
Top Bottom