Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Imagine Sissoko and Ndombele in the midfield, that would be unbeatable.
That will be an overkill.

We need someone with good passing range to pair up with Sissoko, eg Andre Gomes.

We have seen how Ajax can press the hell out of us when we have 2 big players in Wanyama and Sissoko whose physical presence can’t compensate for their lack of mobility and passing ability.

A defensive pairing of Sissoko with Winks/Gomes can help bypass the high pressing that certain team employs.

How much of a boost would it be if Eriksen AND Toby signed new contracts in the next couple of weeks before we play the Champions League final.......

That would be sooooo good.

If Eriksen doesn't sign this window it surely means he's gone this window - can't see Levy entertaining the possibility of him walking for free next year - same with Toby.

I’m still holding onto my dream of signing De Ligt. Yes, he’s going to Barcelona it seems, but I’m still hopeful we can pull off a miracle and get him in.

We need someone with good passing range to pair up with Sissoko, eg Andre Gomes.

We have seen how Ajax can press the hell out of us when we have 2 big players in Wanyama and Sissoko whose physical presence can’t compensate for their lack of mobility and passing ability.

A defensive pairing of Sissoko with Winks/Gomes can help bypass the high pressing that certain team employs.

Not quite the same, Waynama looks fucked and he also is an out and out DM. Ndombele is a different player entirely.

"A pair and a spare" would be best.
Assuming Wanyama does not recover his past form then Sissoko/Ndombele as the "destroyers" and Modric/Winks as the "linkers" would be perfect.
Doucoure from Watford would also be good ...

I’m still holding onto my dream of signing De Ligt. Yes, he’s going to Barcelona it seems, but I’m still hopeful we can pull off a miracle and get him in.
Barca will have to sell big to afford De Ligt.

cant afford Griezeman/De Jong plus De Ligt as well.

If both Tripper and Aurier go we must have targets identified right? I'm not overly fussed on either of them, if we could get £25m each that would be a decent return, imagine it will be more like £18m and a sell-on clause/performance bonus to bump it up.

Now Now Sammy... we need a balance of the following:

1. Youth promoted from our academy (kids need to feel they have a chance)
2. Prospects purchased before they are potentially the next big thing (Foyth, Sanchez)
3. Experienced winners

In the past we've not had the funds or been able to buy the experienced winners so have only managed one and two on the list above. Hopefully this season we can add category three to the mix. It's time to shake things up a little...
I’d be happy to promote academy players only to be perfectly honest.

I’d also be happy with Bale type signings.

What I don’t want is like for like sideways signings for massive money.
Barkley, Sessengon, Schniderlin types.
I thought we’d reached the end of that chapter?

Poch talked about a clear plan. Are we building for the next few years and continuing the policy?
(Sessengon, Clarke, Brooks, Zaha etc are all extensions of that who need to be moulded and grow)

Or are we thinking titles? Because that’s a completely different approach this window.
Wan Bissaka is not that guy.

If both Tripper and Aurier go we must have targets identified right? I'm not overly fussed on either of them, if we could get £25m each that would be a decent return, imagine it will be more like £18m and a sell-on clause/performance bonus to bump it up.
Aurier is never fucking fit, get rid and keep trippier as back up. Buy a new RB.

I’d be happy to promote academy players only to be perfectly honest.

I’d also be happy with Bale type signings.

What I don’t want is like for like sideways signings for massive money.
Barkley, Sessengon, Schniderlin types.
I thought we’d reached the end of that chapter?

Poch talked about a clear plan. Are we building for the next few years and continuing the policy?
(Sessengon, Clarke, Brooks, Zaha etc are all extensions of that who need to be moulded and grow)

Or are we thinking titles? Because that’s a completely different approach this window.
Wan Bissaka is not that guy.
i tend to agree in the main, but i'd take sessegnon or wan bisaka as long as they are the sole "development project" among a few that add instant quality.

That's a massive caveat right there though.

If we don't make some extremely smart signings (and I can't remember a smarter signing than Eriksen since we signed Eriksen) and change formation, just his goals/assists (20 a season ish?) alone are going to be sorely missed, ignoring that he's the most intelligent footballer we have by a mile, one of the few players in this league that can play two positions simultaneously, do it covering more ground than most and seeing as much ball as most busy CM's per game whilst creating more chances than nearly every other AM too.

I agree it's not impossible, but I really don't like the odds. We'd have to sign Diawara and Rabiot/NDombele for CM and Feki or Pepe for the AM and switch to a 433 for me to feel like we are going to come out stronger.

Of course but this is fantasy booking.

i'd get rid of Aurier, he's rarely fit for 2 games in a row.
For me the full backs will benefit from some better flow in the AM areas.....get some midfielders and attackers in that move the ball, not dwell on it and kill momentum.

We stopped pressing, thats why our full backs have been made redundent.

We need to go back to high intensity football

For me the full backs will benefit from some better flow in the AM areas.....get some midfielders and attackers in that move the ball, not dwell on it and kill momentum.

We stopped pressing, thats why our full backs have been made redundent.

We need to go back to high intensity football
I still think our fullbacks are actually pivotal to our midfield press so kind works both ways.

Back
Top Bottom