Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I just hope we Make some decent signings to placate poch from wanting to leave...if we are smart in the way we work this summer we could do a bit of a Liverpool and close that gap up to cement a top 3 place...please levy don't haggle for every single penny and leave it all late, do our business nice and early...

That’s just bench warming.....I’d be happier with the Rabiot and Bale types.

Even when we were shite we could sign Klinsmann, Ginola, and Davids.

Now we think Sessengon and Zaha will give us titles
Even Pochettino himself said we need to change the way we operate. But nah, some people here still live in a bubble, thinking Grealish and Sessegnon the pace merchant will make any significant impact on our chances next season.

Even Pochettino himself said we need to change the way we operate. But nah, some people here still live in a bubble, thinking Grealish and Sessegnon the pace merchant will make any significant impact on our chances next season.
There’s a lot of people stuck in a purgatory between:

“proven winners that will improve the first team”

And

“Wan Bissaka”

They slate the policy, want to spend big, be brave and then say Bale is too expensive, and Rabiot has a horrible mum.

So we should sign a few English Nkoudou’s

Looking at the BBC gossip colum today it has Real going big for Hazard and Pogba. That’s going to be in the region of 250m for two players. Add to that Naymar (who we know they’d love to sign) it doesn’t leave a lot of money for Eriksen.

Barcelona have got De Jong coming in for 70m and Griezmann for many millions more, plus paying a big fee for De Ligt, there won’t be much money for an Eriksen bid, surely?

I’m still hopefully we can keep Eriksen.

Last edited:
Looking at the BBC gossip colum today it has Real going big for Hazard and Pogba. That’s going to be in the region of 250m for two players. Add to that Naymar (who we know they’d love to sign) it doesn’t leave a lot of money for Eriksen.

Barcelona have got De Jong coming in for 70m and Griezmann for many millions more, plus paying a big fee for De Ligt, there won’t be much money ther for Eriksen.

Makes me think Eriksen have have missed his window.

Cant see Hazard and Griezmann going to those clubs plus our boy in the same window.

So its put up or shut up on his contract now.

Unless Juventus or Munich come in?

Barcelona have got De Jong coming in for 70m and Griezmann for many millions more, plus paying a big fee for De Ligt, there won’t be much money ther for Eriksen.

Think Jovic is going to Real too

Given the scale of the issue Madrid have, I actually have my doubts whether eriksen would be a big enough signing to satisfy their plastic fans.

£100m+ on eriksen would be bit of a gamble in Madrid terms

That’s just bench warming.....I’d be happier with the Rabiot and Bale types.

Even when we were shite we could sign Klinsmann, Ginola, and Davids.

Now we think Sessengon and Zaha will give us titles

Now Now Sammy... we need a balance of the following:

1. Youth promoted from our academy (kids need to feel they have a chance)
2. Prospects purchased before they are potentially the next big thing (Foyth, Sanchez)
3. Experienced winners

In the past we've not had the funds or been able to buy the experienced winners so have only managed one and two on the list above. Hopefully this season we can add category three to the mix. It's time to shake things up a little...

Back
Top Bottom