Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And this is why, this pod and it’s hosts are a bunch of gammon Brexit types....

Signing a soon to be 30 year old on silly money. We should be looking at players that will give us longevity and not sit on the treatment table.

'Gammon Brexit types'? I don't think it's down to politics, I think it's down to an overly romanticized view of Bale and what he'd be able to do if he returned.

I've seen all sorts say they want Bale back, and all sorts say it would be a terrible idea and won't happen (which I agree with).

Bale would be Alexis Sanchez to MUFC levels of stupid. He's got a long history of injuries, is at the end of his peak years, and his actual performances, in recent years have not been particularly good. Last year, the total contribution in roughly the same amount of minutes as Lucas Moura, in the League. At best, a stretch to nearly Son's level.

But at double to triple their cost. Or you could pay half as much to someone young who in time could be better than them. Signing old and broken is not the new market inefficiency, especially if you're not in Italy with its lack of drug testing.

For those of you that would like to see us signing Bale, this bloke agrees...

18/19
Started 29 games

17/18
Started 26 games

16/17
Started 24 games

15/16
Started 29 games

14/15
Started 46 games

13/14
Started 36 games

So on average, 31 starts a season (in all competitions).

107 games missed through injury over 6 years

So on average misses 17 games a season through injury

£20,000,000 loan equalling the £10,000,000 loan fee plus the £200,000+ a week wages

I'm thinking

Trippier 17m
Aurier 15m
Wanyama 7m
Lamela 12m
nkodou 5m
Janssen 5m
Llorente free

so a little over 60m if we're lucky.
Even though I do not believe Trippier is on our level, I don't think he'll be moved on. We really don't have room to sell any English players without making signings first.

I'd sell Aurier, sign a new first team right back, and make Trippier the back up.

18/19
Started 29 games

17/18
Started 26 games

16/17
Started 24 games

15/16
Started 29 games

14/15
Started 46 games

13/14
Started 36 games

So on average, 31 starts a season (in all competitions).

107 games missed through injury over 6 years

So on average misses 17 games a season through injury

£20,000,000 loan equalling the £10,000,000 loan fee plus the £200,000+ a week wages
If it’s a loan we can walk away from then I can’t see the harm in it.

I can’t see Daniel Levy going for something like this that clearly goes against our transfer philosophy but stranger things have happened.

Am i reading this right?

Bale = Shit
Rondon = Just what we need?

:sonhmm: :dembelelol:

I don't think either of those things have been said

What HAS been said is that Rondon is better than Janssen and Llorente and that some people don't really want us spending close to £20,000,000 inc 200,000 a week on an injury prone 30 year old player.

Whatever Poch wants,I am happy with

Leeds Utd will smoke WBA if that’s the final okay it will make your Eyes bleed but hey ho you want dirty Leeds back in the big time! And we get Grealish......every cloud.

Leeds have quite a few injuries. Roofe out now as well. Derby might overturn the 1-0 deficit. Here's hoping

Sessegnon and Grealish signed before the CL final

Even though I do not believe Trippier is on our level, I don't think he'll be moved on. We really don't have room to sell any English players without making signings first.

I'd sell Aurier, sign a new first team right back, and make Trippier the back up.

I heard he's been told to find a new club, Napoli most likely at the moment.

Leeds have quite a few injuries. Roofe out now as well. Derby might overturn the 1-0 deficit. Here's hoping

Sessegnon and Grealish signed before the CL final
It’s probably already been quoted somewhere but can’t be arsed looking what kinda of money have we made by reaching the CL final is there enough to buy a Grealish? I think I read somewhere last season that you’d get more money being relegated from the prem than you would by winning the CL?

It’s probably already been quoted somewhere but can’t be arsed looking what kinda of money have we made by reaching the CL final is there enough to buy a Grealish? I think I read somewhere last season that you’d get more money being relegated from the prem than you would by winning the CL?
Swiss Ramble on Twitter can sort you out:

Antoinne Griezmann announcing tonight that he is leaving A Madrid

Levy is on the Ryanair website right now booking a ticket for Antoinne to fly over to London for talks

Back
Top Bottom