Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ake can jump higher and is more agile than Davies. I like Ben but not as a full time centre back

I used to rate Ake but he's had a terrible season. I know defence is a team effort and Bournemouth have had their fair share of injuries. But still, only 3 teams have conceded more and they are all being relegated. Bournemouth have been playing a lot of games with a back 4 and that just haven't suited Ake. I'd rather not.

I used to rate Ake but he's had a terrible season. I know defence is a team effort and Bournemouth have had their fair share of injuries. But still, only 3 teams have conceded more and they are all being relegated. Bournemouth have been playing a lot of games with a back 4 and that just haven't suited Ake. I'd rather not.
I would take Sakho over Ake.

I would trust Poch to work his defensive magic. Plenty of potential to work with

I think they'd do well to compete with them in English football. Most of there players would struggle to even get in Leicesters squad for a start.

An absolutely shocking league full of some truly wank teams and even worse footballers. FFS Dusan Tadic is their top goalscorer. 32 fucking goals . He managed 23 in 4 seasons whilst in England.
Let's be honest... Vincent Janssen tore that league up.
:levywtf:

And Jozy Altidore.

Nonsense? Did you see what he has said? He said that Eredivisie is worse than Championship. So that’s why clubs from Championship come up, spends tons of money to strengthen and still go down.
Because they're entering the most expensive, arguably highest-average quality league on the planet, and any club not currently in the Champion's League would struggle not to be in the relegation fight?

It's not that the Championship bad, it's that any club in the PL for more than one year is in the top-30 richest clubs on the planet and the gap is that significant. The average quality of the Eredivisie is so bad that Ajax are actually paying a chunk of their CL-revenue to the rest of that League in an attempt to boost their quality. But sure, the Eredivisie is great because Ajax and PSV are decent, and dramatically beyond every other club there.

I agree. They spent the money from the upcoming Salah transfer last summer, just as they spent big before selling Coutinho to balance the expense.

TBH, I just think that beneath the floppy hair and lovable photos with dolphins lurks a selfish, ego-driven unscrupulous(*) player that will have no time for "nearly. did it... next year la' ".

(*So many memorable dives, but let's not forget how he actually tried to injure RAMOS but just got out-shithoused.)

Last edited:
Do you know who the top goalscorer in the league was last season?

No?

Alireza Jahanbakhsh.

Who?

Signed for Brighton in the summer. Scored ZERO goals this season in the league.
And yet you can also get players like Suarez...

tenor.gif

TBH, I just think that beneath the floppy hair and lovable photos with dolphins lurks a selfish, ego-driven unscrupulous(*) player that will have no time for "nearly. did it... next year la' ".

(*So many memorable dives, but let's not forget how he actually tried to injure RAMOS andjust got out shit-housed.)
Has he been linked with anyone?

(*So many memorable dives, but let's not forget how he actually tried to injure RAMOS but just got out shit-housed.)
Agreed. To clarify I don't think they had anything priorly arranged...its just their policy to sell their top players, and they know that a big offer for Salah will be coming...therefore they loosened the purse strings in anticipation.

ALL. OVER. THE. FUCKING. SHOP. :bentley:

Clearly you think Ajax having a few 'hot' players means the entire league is of CL QFinal standard...

Neither the average Champo NOR Eredivisie player would get into our starting squad.... However, exceptions to such a rule could be found in the depths of any league... You catching on yet?

Q. Dele, Mahrez, Kante.... What do they have in common (apart from recently tearing up the EPL in their respective positions)?
Ok first of all, Eredivisie is not UCL QF standard and I never said that, I only laughed off the idea of it being much worse than the Championship. And I said a club coming from that league has reached the QFs of UCL. Secondly, also regarding this, I suggested I'd rather buy players from Ajax than Aston Villa. I don't think buying from Fortuna Sittard or NAC Breda is the way forward either.
But I get you, just don't stress so much when there are people out there having different opinions than yours....... If you think we'll win titles with Championship and League One players ok cool. I don't. And you won't change my opinion.

Well yeah, Eredivisie got clubs playing at high level in Europe. I suggested we’d rather take a look at them than at Championship clubs. Championship clubs invest in their squads to have a chance to survive in Premier League. That says how good the quality is in the Championship.
Can there be players of the same quality in the Championship that there are in the Eredivisie? Yes, but the odds are low. Otherwise they would have been bought by better clubs. Or you think a player in the Championship goes under the radar because it’s not a reputable league?

Does all this not stem from you being (to whatever extent) offended by the idea of us shopping for Champo players?

...Otherwise, what's your point?

Mine is simple. Good players can be found under all sorts of 'rocks'. Being closed minded is silly.

(Btw, did you not like my quiz question? :pochsulk:)

Agreed. To clarify I don't think they had anything priorly arranged...its just their policy to sell their top players, and they know that a big offer for Salah will be coming...therefore they loosened the purse strings in anticipation.

TBH, in that respect, I like their style. (Yuk!)

TBH, in that respect, I like their style. (Yuk!)
It makes more sense than selling, then spending and hoping to rebuild equal or better - at least you get a season to bed in new signings in combination with the top class player you expect to sell (and the chance to win something with what amounts to 120% of the squad strength you can really afford). Its a gamble, though. They'd have been fucked previously if Suarez, Coutinho, or soon Salah fucked their knee or something equally disastrous....then you're staring at a big hole in your budget and years of reduced spending to patch it.

Guess it comes down to the amount of risk you're willing to tolerate.

Back
Top Bottom