Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We should buy Robert Skov from the danish league. He scored 20 goals as a midtfield player in the first half of the season, and furthermore he has super freekick skills. He plays for FC Copenhagen.

Some lovely action there

Kind of reminds me of a Vinnny Janssen vid I saw before he joined us. Unfortunately he never hit those heights again

I think CM is probably a bigger priority.

So... Who's gonna riot if Poch deems Winks as the main man @ CM next season?

Ditto similarly, Sissoko...?

Winks
Sissoko
Dier
Skipp
+???

...Intrigued to see how this plays out. Don't think it's a given we'll be gunning for ready-made CM starters like many hope/think.

Then again; it's quite clear Poch doesn't feel as negatively about Trippier as many of the fans; so he may not see RB as a priority either...

Winks
Sissoko
Dier
Skipp
+???

...Intrigued to see how this plays out. Don't think it's a given we'll be gunning for ready-made CM starters like many hope/think.

Then again; it's quite clear Poch doesn't feel as negatively about Trippier as many of the fans; so he may not see RB as a priority either...

Another window of no signings would actually be the funniest thing. Just imagine the uproar that in itself would be worth riding it out another season.

Our most wins after 26 games since 1961 yet we are to many in a critical moment with a threadbare squad. I'm with Poch it's class or nothing and if it's nothing again it means we couldn't attract the class. Hasn't done us much damage over the last year or so whereas over at Woolwich the only profit that club made (£70m or so) was down to £120m made in player sales. This time next year if all goes how it is we'll overtake them in the money list, who'd have ever imagined that after watching that invincible team of theirs when we had the likes of Michael Brown, Gary Doherty & Anthony Gardner kicking it about for us. Keep that gravy train running bald headed one. Fuck knows how he's done it or got away with it but it's fucking hilarious and long may it continue

Another window of no signings would actually be the funniest thing. Just imagine the uproar that in itself would be worth riding it out another season.

Unlike many, I wouldn't shit my knickers if that happened....

However, I'd be lying if I said I could stomach another season's worth of pissing and moaning like this one.

Unlike many, I wouldn't shit my knickers if that happened....

However, I'd be lying if I said I could stomach another season's worth of pissing and moaning like this one.

A lot of our fans have allowed themselves to become moany old tarts this season, a lot of it because they've let the stadium delays & lack of signings that others outside the club take the piss out of and allow it to get under their skin.

It amazes me that after Grenfell that a) whatever glitch we've read about has happened with the wiring or whatever it's rumoured to be and b) the complete lack of empathy the clubs own supporters have had towards the club in what is probably it's most delicate financial moment in its history bar the Irving Scholar years. The club have taken big risks to grow yet some fans don't see that because the investment isn't wearing a shirt and signing autographs etc.

The moaning has been nothing short of a disgrace if you ask me pal. Self entitled, frumpy and absurd. We all wanted signings and the stadium to be open by now but it isn't, deal with it and get behind supporting a Spurs team who hasn't performed this well in the league for nearly 60 years. Got more chance if everyone forgets their differences with the club and gets behind the boys now

Winks
Sissoko
Dier
Skipp
+???

Winks should absolutely be our starting central midfielder. Just needs a ball winner behind him and a runner next to him. Though I feel Dele could quite easily be that runner.

Winks should absolutely be our starting central midfielder. Just needs a ball winner behind him and a runner next to him. Though I feel Dele could quite easily be that runner.

Still doesn't scream 'big new CM signing imminent' to me....

DM: Dier / Skipp
Sissoko remains the anomaly in that he's kind of a hybrid between a 'runner' and a DM.

Top 3 needs: RB, RB, RB

I think CM is probably a bigger priority.
original-25942-1427414325-9.jpg

Throw all the money at getting Wan Bissaka and N'Dombele.

That should be enough to retain the title next season.
:baletroll:

Not very glamorous but with money potentially tight how much would Rondon, Doherty & Chilwell set us back in the summer? Still undecided on all of them but if WBA don't get promoted Rondon wouldn't be a bad backup option for Harry boy

Rondon moved to Newcastle - and is now 29.

I wouldn't have minded him a couple of years ago though, might be too old at 30 ?

Would like Chilwelll bit not sure he'd be cheap - rumours of £50m quoted to ManCity

Rondon moved to Newcastle - and is now 29.

I wouldn't have minded him a couple of years ago though, might be too old at 30 ?

Could get 2-3 seasons out of him throwing his weight around. Unless we get a kid who wants to learn off of Harry etc I can't see us getting someone younger & in their prime unless we pay top dollar week in/ week out for them to keep Poch company on the bench.

Could go far wrong with him and could be attainable with the situ possibly facing West Brom. Knows the English game, is a handful and relatively decent hold up play and feet

Could get 2-3 seasons out of him throwing his weight around. Unless we get a kid who wants to learn off of Harry etc I can't see us getting someone younger & in their prime unless we pay top dollar week in/ week out for them to keep Poch company on the bench.

Could go far wrong with him and could be attainable with the situ possibly facing West Brom. Knows the English game, is a handful and relatively decent hold up play and feet
In my mind ideally we would have 3 "pure" strikers. Harry, An older veteran (Llorente, Rondon, pick your poison) and a younger understudy to learn from both. That combined with having Son and Lucas and any potential other flexible winger/AM that we have would make for a strong attacking line.

In my mind ideally we would have 3 "pure" strikers. Harry, An older veteran (Llorente, Rondon, pick your poison) and a younger understudy to learn from both. That combined with having Son and Lucas and any potential other flexible winger/AM that we have would make for a strong attacking line.

I think with Son & Mouras versatility that we won't be seeing 3 out and out senior strikers in our ranks for some time.

I can see us getting another wide forward before we get another striker through the door. We all know Poch loves a player who can mix it up in different positions

Back
Top Bottom