Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If Fulham go down we should take Seri off them for cut price - hasn't done great this season but how much of an impact can you really make in a side struggling that much. Has a lot of quality that we could use in that position.

It’s not like they’re playing a new sport, it’s still football
Some players are just better suited to work in a specific system or under a particular type of manager. There's an almost stupid amount of factors that play into if a player is actually good or not and they can change in an instant.

Davy Claessen was a good CM for Ajax, bought by Everton in 2017, did not fit into their style and system and looked absolute garbage. Moved to Bremen in the summer and is a much better fit there and now I find myself asking how the fuck he didn't make it work in the league. Not a world beater, but definitely PL quality.

If Fulham go down we should take Seri off them for cut price - hasn't done great this season but how much of an impact can you really make in a side struggling that much. Has a lot of quality that we could use in that position.
There is hardly any quality down at the bottom. I think Lascelles from the Geordies is the only one I would even look at from the bottom six.

Just saw Maddison on football focus. Definitely a cocky cunt, 100% belief in himself but that is no bad thing. Obviously he has said some crappy things about Spurs when he was younger and apparently he is a gooner but he is a very decent player and seems to work hard on his game in order to improve. Highest number of chances created from free kicks this season so far. We could do with a bit of that

Just saw Maddison on football focus. Definitely a cocky cunt, 100% belief in himself but that is no bad thing. Obviously he has said some crappy things about Spurs when he was younger and apparently he is a gooner but he is a very decent player and seems to work hard on his game in order to improve. Highest number of chances created from free kicks this season so far. We could do with a bit of that

Leicester must be absolute garbage at finishing then because only 3 teams have scored less goals from set pieces than Leicester this season!

Whilst only Liverpool have scored more than us.

I would easily take Mitrovic as a back up to Kane

A player of his quality is not going to accept being a back up for 3/4 of a season. If Poch changed his tactics and decided to play two strikers more then it would be possible to have a player of that calibre in the squad

I think it's better we find another Son type, a forward who offers a genuine goal threat and can play as a striker but equally as well as a wide forward

He is what he is tho his presence and goal contribution would be enough to keep some teams up but when Fulham need 3 or 4 a game Mitroviic is wasting his time there

Mitrovic would cause more harm than good. He'd hardly start or play and beingnhe hot head that he is would cause so much hassle. Personally I think he doesn't fit the criteria even if he were to offer decent substance on a playing level. Poch goes for attitude as well as ability, I ain't sure he's one we should invest our efforts in

Mitrovic would cause more harm than good. He'd hardly start or play and beingnhe hot head that he is would cause so much hassle. Personally I think he doesn't fit the criteria even if he were to offer decent substance on a playing level. Poch goes for attitude as well as ability, I ain't sure he's one we should invest our efforts in

Thought I was in the match thread as in Mitroviic is not good enough to succeed here in this match against Man U lol

I now understand here meant playing for Spurs and I concur

Eze, Clarke and Bowen would be nice to puff out the team with home grown English talent.

Then go get that big central midfield superstar.

Almost every player we sign from different countries/leagues takes at least a season to get up to speed. Keita's a great little footballer who will come good. I'd have him here in a heartbeat.
Almost every? That's a bit strong isn't it? What do the stats say and how do you quantify 'up to speed?'.

Some of it this is surely dependent on the age of the player, his position, the quality of the team he's joining etc.
Like I said I'm not saying he won't make it but he was lazy the other night which shouldn't have anything to do with moving country or leagues. Kante came and worked his nuts off as a contrasting example.

Back
Top Bottom