Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Remember that one time we spent 110MM in a summer? I guess 2 out of 7 isn't so bad.

28AD79DF00000578-0-image-a-11_1435397090199.jpg

Would count Chadli too - decent 3 seasons and sold on at profit

Cannot WAIT for us to hit August, no signings and then the whispers start.

'Surely they can't go three windows? Surely that's not possible?'

Yes it is.

Yes. It. Is.

Whatever does or doesn't happen, I am confident that none of it will be Daniel Levy's fault

I think the same applies if the boot is on the other foot though.

If we smash our record points total, continue our more than acceptable season where at the moment we are higher up the league than over 90% of the teams that have gone onto win the league and (you never know) end up creating history being as far off top spot as we are from falling out of the top 4 with a 7 point swing in each direction, will people praise Levy for his decisions so far? I doubt it very much

It depends on which way you look at it, what set of eyes you see it through. Time will tell but any of those wanting to give it out to Levy if it doesn't come off need to be willing to suck it up and take it on the chin if the apparent plan comes together.

Personally I don't think there's anyone apparent realistic we could have got, within the boundaries of our realistically aligned budgeting that could or would have definitely made us in a stronger position at the moment. Players like Brooks etc possibly but even then he'd be a prospect for the future, not one to throw serious weight around in our strongest starting XI and I say him using hindsight. Time will tell but 4 points better off than we've ever been and 9 better off than we were at this stage last season tells me we're growing and moving in enright direction more than people see, to believe.

We'll see if the clubs been to prudent but one things for sure, we've not blown any money that we have on potential signings on shit like 95% of Premier League clubs have over the past year or so and when I look at a lot of the signings made, only a few stick out to me as deals we missed out on compared to the rest. The summer will be an interesting one with movers out guaranteed, I'm curious to see what stance the club takes with all things considered

Last edited:
And NOW he is getting back to that form. Not based on a couple performances, but a few months.

He's had a few good games. He's had a few bad games.

Doesn't stop the fact he's 29 years old and needs upgrading on. Hopefully someone who can defend and stop opponents from crossing the ball into the box would help

He's had a few good games. He's had a few bad games.

Doesn't stop the fact he's 29 years old and needs upgrading on. Hopefully someone who can defend and stop opponents from crossing the ball into the box would help

Sissoko has gone from a player surplus to requirements to a player worth keeping in the squad. He's filled in this season admirably and the club have gained a good performer who probably feels more integrated into the team than ever now, as well as less sarcasm aimed towards him which probably has helped him become a better performer for us.

Funny what a teams 'support' can do for a player wearing their clubs shirt. I'm glad Moussa has achieved his warranted place amongst the club as he can really help the team but I do think CM along with our right back area needs a genuine wow player added that will see us kick on. No point brining someone like Tielemans in if it bloats out our squad rotation numbers moving forward, I'd rather wait for a genuine gem

Sissoko has gone from a player surplus to requirements to a player worth keeping in the squad. He's filled in this season admirably and the club have gained a good performer who probably feels more integrated into the team than ever now, as well as less sarcasm aimed towards him which probably has helped him become a better performer for us.

Funny what a teams 'support' can do for a player wearing their clubs shirt. I'm glad Moussa has achieved his warranted place amongst the club as he can really help the team but I do think CM along with our right back area needs a genuine wow player added that will see us kick on. No point brining someone like Tielemans in if it bloats out our squad rotation numbers moving forward, I'd rather wait for a genuine gem

My post was aimed at Danny Rose, not Sissoko.

Both of whom, need upgrading.

CMx2
LB
RB

Priorities in the summer. Big time.

My post was aimed at Danny Rose, not Sissoko.

Both of whom, need upgrading.

CMx2
LB
RB

Priorities in the summer. Big time.

Regardless of who is seen as a 'starter', you not think Sissoko has earned/cemented a continued place in the squad this season?

Feels like we've left ourselves with quite a lot of work to do in the summer... I'm guessing we'll hear plenty of the old "we need to sell before we can buy" stuff but surely we need to get our business done early this time?
Yes our business will get done early next time 7 days before the window shuts as opposed to 2 days this will help poch in terms of pre season training.

Squad, yes.

He's fine as a 7th choice central midfielder.

Winks, Dier, Skipp and....

Behind a further 3 players that aren't even on the books yet? ...Ouch!

...Or does your count also include CE & DA?

Back
Top Bottom