Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

giphy.gif

Feels like we've left ourselves with quite a lot of work to do in the summer... I'm guessing we'll hear plenty of the old "we need to sell before we can buy" stuff but surely we need to get our business done early this time?

Hate to spoil the surprise for everyone but this thread ends in 2500 pages exactly as it started. I.e. with no new signings.

I refuse to lose more of my life reading endless cunt-offs, media stories laughing at the club, and bullshit rumours made up by agents and ITK cuntos.

Hate to spoil the surprise for everyone but this thread ends in 2500 pages exactly as it started. I.e. with no new signings.

I refuse to lose more of my life reading endless cunt-offs, media stories laughing at the club, and bullshit rumours made up by agents and ITK cuntos.
Shhhhhh shhhhhhh just accept it, it’s easier. You’ll be on here arguing over a youtube reel of some 4yr old Bolivian kid we get linked to but then falls through because Levy didn’t get the safety event application forms in on time

He's also 29 years old and needs to be upgraded.

If he's happy to be second choice and play the odd cup game, then he can stay. But if we go into next season with Danny Rose as our left back, I'd be quite worried.
Rose for 1-2 years >>>> Davies for 4-5 years

Second paragraph is just stupid considering how immense he has been the last few months.

Sissoko has been "immense" the last few months too. Won't stop me from wanting new players in his position.

So it seems somewhat likely that Eriksen and Toby will be gone, alongside Dembele going this past window. Trippier needs to go, as does Janssen, Nkoudou, Vorm and Llorente; maybe Davies and Wanyama as well. What does this leave us with:

GK: Lloris, Gaz, *New keeper (HG)

Def: Aurier, KWP; Sanchez, Jan, Foyth, *New CB (preferably Left-footed); Rose, *New LB (fast)

CM/DM: Winks, Sissoko, Dier ,(Skipp), *New Quality CM (Dembele Replacement), *New Quality DM (Wanyama Replacement)

Att: Lamela, Son, Dele, Lucas, Kane, *New AM (Eriksen replacement), *New forward (who can play wide and up top)

If we lose Eriksen and Toby I count 7 signings to get us back to where we need to be to challenge for trophies. We have to directly replace both of them, and Dembele, plus add new quality additions in several positions whilst considering HG quotas. This is why you need to sign players each season, so that a couple of players leaving doesn't set you miles back. It's going to be a long summer....

Back
Top Bottom