Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don't know about you guys but I'd like us to get back to being a high energy pressing team in a 4-3-3. My shopping list with HG players in mind would be chilwell, wan bissaka, doucoure from Watford, Anderson, berge, gray from Leicester. Think gray got huge potential.
Lloris
Wan bissaka Sanchez verts chillwell
Dacoure
Winks Ali

Gray kane son

Bench
Sissoko
Berge
Anderson
Foyth
Llorente
Davies
Walker Peter's
Gazzaiga
Moira
Anderson

Let go rose aurier trippier dier toby eriksen wanyama. I'd keep toby and eriksen but they will find the squad turnaround

I think the next few seasons are looking pretty dire for us. Think about it, Vertonghen will be 32 soon, Alderweireld most likely gone in the summer and Eriksen most likely gone in the summer. Three of our best players soon gone and we don't have any replacements for them. Also our midfield is not good enough and our full-backs neither. Let's be honest, we won't be able to replace or upgrade any through the market either.
I wouldn't be so negative yet but we do need to have a massive transfer window in the summer. 4-5 players in, although it seems unlikely

If Eriksen goes, I'm all in on Sancho, did anyone see him when talking about 'H', there was football love in his eyes?!

Sell Eriksen nice an early summer, if he's going, offer the rate needed (£70M rising to £90M if we win everything with him I guess).

-----------Kane-----------
Son---------------Sancho

That would be scary, his family are Watford area as well if I'm not mistaken. Dreaming I know.

If Eriksen goes, I'm all in on Sancho, did anyone see him when talking about 'H', there was football love in his eyes?!

Sell Eriksen nice an early summer, if he's going, offer the rate needed (£70M rising to £90M if we win everything with him I guess).

-----------Kane-----------
Son---------------Sancho

That would be scary, his family are Watford area as well if I'm not mistaken. Dreaming I know.

That's hardly replacing Eriksen though. No matter how good your front three are you will struggle if no one is pulling the strings

Sancho is already a pipe dream tbh-he will go for mega money to an oil club unfortunately, think he will be sensational.
That pass from Kane last night-Kinell...

Agree with whoever said a return to the pressing team we had is what we need to do esp in big games, we just haven't done it properly for 18 months now probably. Understand 4 competitions, injuries, WC hangover etc come into it this season but we weren't doing it last season much either.
I think Gray has huge potential as well and would love another really quick player the other side of Kane and a top string puller behind them if not Eriksen someone else-would be a frightening front line with someone like that.

That's hardly replacing Eriksen though. No matter how good your front three are you will struggle if no one is pulling the strings

Rhetorical question: Who pulls the strings for Liverpool?

Seems Poch 2019 wants his play maker operating deeper; in a position to exploit the pace of Son & Lucas on the break... Perhaps that's what's stifling Eriksen these days?

Eriksen isn't a player that breaks oppo lines (see Dembele).... The above requires CE to create space for others in front of and behind the defense rather than exploit the space behind the oppo midfield himself.

I'd kill for Kante in this squad. We could commit to 433 with Dele & 'Eriksen' either side, but without a genuine WC DM to hold it all together i think we'd be way to reliant on the team delivering an 8 or 9 out of 10 performance every week. We'd be vulnerable as fuck when not at our best.

Otherwise lets just get back to a pressing 4231 with a creative #10 feeding HK and the widemen.

The only way to replace Eriksen is by changing to a 433.

Dele and Winks as a midfield 2 with a destroyer behind them. Though I wouldn't be against providing good competition for Winks.

Who did England have pulling the strings? Kane and Dele mostly. With Sterling reaping dividends (Son in our case).

Eriksen is no where near as important as people make out. In a strict 4231? Yes. But we don't even play that anymore.

Expect to see Overmars at the Lane over the coming few days ... it would seem we are very keen to strengthen our relationship with Ajax, there's talk of us supplying them with older experienced players at a knock-down price (Toby, Jan, Vorm for example) whilst they allow us to talk to the cream of their young talent Gravenberch, Brobbey, Hansen, Dolberg, de Beek, de Ligt this would be a good deal for both sides I reckon ....

Expect to see Overmars at the Lane over the coming few days ... it would seem we are very keen to strengthen our relationship with Ajax, there's talk of us supplying them with older experienced players at a knock-down price (Toby, Jan, Vorm for example) whilst they allow us to talk to the cream of their young talent Gravenberch, Brobbey, Hansen, Dolberg, de Beek, de Ligt this would be a good deal for both sides I reckon ....
I don't think they will take any of our older or unwanted player's of our hands in exchange for their emerging talent, ajax are well known and are excellent for developing younger talent through their academy which I think is Levy's long term plan to do the same bring them through then sell off for big money then start again.

This isn't fifa career mode. Us getting their biggest talents would also require them wanting to move to Tottenham. Players like de Ligt will never go here when all the biggest clubs in Europe want him

Back
Top Bottom