Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Real Madrid are targeting Tottenham playmaker Christian Eriksen, and Spurs may be forced to sell the 27-year-old Denmark international unless he extends his present deal beyond summer 2020. (Mirror)

Real Madrid are targeting Tottenham playmaker Christian Eriksen, and Spurs may be forced to sell the 27-year-old Denmark international unless he extends his present deal beyond summer 2020. (Mirror)
Again I find the Real Madrid stuff interesting, they have bought NO-ONE of note for a number of years despite being linked with EVERY big name footballer on the planet.

I'm no saying that they aren't interested in him, few clubs would be so daft as to turn their noses up at him. BUT, they are only going to get him if a) Eriksen wants to leave (we know the story around this, is it really still worth debating anymore, if a player wants to leave then they will). b) They HAVE to get Bale off their books to be able to do it. Bale earns approx £400k per week!!!! Not too many clubs in the World will match those wages for a player turning 30 in a couple of months, and that is what the buying club has to do if he's going to leave.

If Bale leaves then there is a chance that they can afford to pay the wages that Eriksen and perhaps another player will command when being signed by them.

Again I find the Real Madrid stuff interesting, they have bought NO-ONE of note for a number of years despite being linked with EVERY big name footballer on the planet.

I'm no saying that they aren't interested in him, few clubs would be so daft as to turn their noses up at him. BUT, they are only going to get him if a) Eriksen wants to leave (we know the story around this, is it really still worth debating anymore, if a player wants to leave then they will). b) They HAVE to get Bale off their books to be able to do it. Bale earns approx £400k per week!!!! Not too many clubs in the World will match those wages for a player turning 30 in a couple of months, and that is what the buying club has to do if he's going to leave.

If Bale leaves then there is a chance that they can afford to pay the wages that Eriksen and perhaps another player will command when being signed by them.
he will take modrics wages

he will take modrics wages
Modric is an interesting one. He's their best player IMO, winning the crass Ballon d'Or mates competition (should have been the year before in truth but hey) he's a year left on his contract and only their 6th highest earner (@£180k, still Bale earns more than double!!!). I think they will keep him for another year, gives Zizou time to identify and bring in a player to replace him with.

Modric is an interesting one. He's their best player IMO, winning the crass Ballon d'Or mates competition (should have been the year before in truth but hey) he's a year left on his contract and only their 6th highest earner (@£180k, still Bale earns more than double!!!). I think they will keep him for another year, gives Zizou time to identify and bring in a player to replace him with.
i think the inter move is nailed on myself.

* the £180 is probably after tax? so more like £250 in our money.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom