Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There is no one for one replacement for Dembele in the Premier League, but if we went down the same road we took when we recruited him we would be looking at a dominant midfielder from the group of teams from 7th to 13th (Wolves to Palace).
Neves, Tielemans, David Brooks, Doucoure, Declan Rice, Will Hughes, Gueye ... All decent, but to be honest it is not particularly convincing.

Lloris
KWP - Sanchez - Vertonghen - Rose
Winks - Dier - Grealish
Son - Dele
Kane
Gazzaniga, Foyth, Trippier, Sissoko, Brandt, Sessengon, Adams

If we were to sell Eriksen, Lamela, Alderweireld amongst others, I’d like to see something like this.

If this season was a struggle for top four then that would be a truly mammoth proposition.

I see our sights get lower and lower by the day. Next we'll accept anybody just to say we got someone.

I acknowledge that we need Dembele/Eriksen replacement but we need to start rebuilding our defensive unit. In my opinion the foundation of every team.

With Alderwiereld off and Aurier/Trippier unsatisfactory at RB, we need to look to build the unit of Lloris, KWP, Foyth, Sanchez, Vertonghen, Rose and get them playing together regularly pre-season. None of this chopping and changing. Play the unit together so they can start to instinctively act as one.

We also need to look for a long term replacement for Vertonghen who wont be here forever.

Build from the back.

PS

Grealish had his chance to join us last summer. Sorry, chance gone. Get someone who wants to play for us.

I acknowledge that we need Dembele/Eriksen replacement but we need to start rebuilding our defensive unit. In my opinion the foundation of every team.

With Alderwiereld off and Aurier/Trippier unsatisfactory at RB, we need to look to build the unit of Lloris, KWP, Foyth, Sanchez, Vertonghen, Rose and get them playing together regularly pre-season. None of this chopping and changing. Play the unit together so they can start to instinctively act as one.

We also need to look for a long term replacement for Vertonghen who wont be here forever.

Build from the back.

PS

Grealish had his chance to join us last summer. Sorry, chance gone. Get someone who wants to play for us.

Grealish wanted to join last summer. However Villa made it clear they wouldn't sell and definitely not for the two bob Levy was offering. Grealish didn't want to upset villa fans by being a cunt and going on strike to force a move. Fair play

Grealish wanted to join last summer. However Villa made it clear they wouldn't sell and definitely not for the two bob Levy was offering. Grealish didn't want to upset villa fans by being a cunt and going on strike to force a move. Fair play
Villa are a mile off the play-offs, let alone automatic promotion. Maybe it would be a different story in the summer.

Amazingly, Bale has missed over double the amount of games Dele, Eriksen, Son and Kane have in the last 4 years through injury.

Impeccable.

Bale, a player famous for muscle injuries, isn't going to sign for a club famous for its muscle injuries. Just not happening.

Leave the dream of a club legend coming back to take us to glory in your head. Its where its best. That's where it is for me.

I know it's not going to happen, Levy would never sanction the financial investment.

New RB - Wan Bissaka/ Dumfries/ Aarons

Toby Replacement - Militao/ Denayer

New LB - Tierney/ Chillwell/ Gaya/ Grimaldo

2 New CM/DM - Neves/ Weigl/ Cook/ Lobotka/ Cyprien /Wendel/ Zakaria/ Diawara

Eriksen Replacement - Bruno Fernandes/ Brandt/ Fekir/ Forsberg/ Ziyech/

Striker/Wide Forward - Werner/ Rodrigo/ Ben Yedder/ Rebic

Sell/Release - Vorm, Trippier, Davies, Wanyama, N'koudou, Llorente, Jannsen.

Villa needed to pay a tax bill and we went in with an offer that meant they could - Grealish was a punt at that price. Once they got new owners in who could pay the tax bill the cost to get him (now they were not desperate) doubled and he was not worth the punt.

IMO - Grealish at 15M is not the same as Grealish at 35M and we were only interested in the first.

In the summer they will need to find funds from within the club to meet FFP, the owners are not allowed to cover this. He may be available but I doubt very much we will be after him as I expect our home grown issues to be resolved by the sale of non HG players.

New RB - Wan Bissaka/ Dumfries/ Aarons

Toby Replacement - Militao/ Denayer

New LB - Tierney/ Chillwell/ Gaya/ Grimaldo

2 New CM/DM - Neves/ Weigl/ Cook/ Lobotka/ Cyprien /Wendel/ Zakaria/ Diawara

Eriksen Replacement - Bruno Fernandes/ Brandt/ Fekir/ Forsberg/ Ziyech/

Striker/Wide Forward - Werner/ Rodrigo/ Ben Yedder/ Rebic

Sell/Release - Vorm, Trippier, Davies, Wanyama, N'koudou, Llorente, Jannsen.
Why do this to yourself?

We all know how this pans out...

Press release, 18:30, Aug 30 2019

Tottenham Hotspur are delighted to welcome Complex Compound-Name to the club, after securing the 18 year old's services from Shrewsbury Town.

Compound-Name will be joining the development squad.

Complex is our first signing this summer. Mauricio Pochettino said of the young utility player...

That's a ridiculously low offer (if it's what we made). Wouldn't buy a third choice keeper in the PL.

My memory is about £32m. If he wanted to come he could have 'done a Mahrez'
It was low as they needed to pay a tax bill and were desperate, we were taking advantage and it looked like it would go through - they got new owners who could cover it and then the deal died.

It was low as they needed to pay a tax bill and were desperate, we were taking advantage and it looked like it would go through - they got new owners who could cover it and then the deal died.

Yes. I thought we had a couple of more sniffs as the deadline approached, and way after the new owners came in. I can't remember for sure but I think it ended up far more than the stupid offer we went in with.

By this time he had been sold the 'stick with us lad' story from the new owners, Bruce and the fans. His loss.

Why do this to yourself?

We all know how this pans out...

Press release, 18:30, Aug 30 2019

Tottenham Hotspur are delighted to welcome Complex Compound-Name to the club, after securing the 18 year old's services from Shrewsbury Town.

Compound-Name will be joining the development squad.

Complex is our first signing this summer. Mauricio Pochettino said of the young utility player...
Deadline Day will be 8th August this year.

The window opens on 16th May though, would be fucking disgrace if we don't complete even one signing by 1st July.

We've probably been to slow regarding Wan Bissaka. He's already out of our price range. That's why we should pay attention to Yan Valery from Southampton. He's not english, but I guess he's been aound long enough to call himself homegrown(?). According to Transfermarkt his deal only runs till summer 2020.
Why don't you come on over valery. Would love wan bissaka but I agree he will probably go to someone like Man United or Chelsea for a lot more than we will offer. Be good if we got some young British talent like him & Brooks in.

Back
Top Bottom