Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Like the look of Jack Clark, someone Poch could really work with and improve.

If we could get the targets that we’re linked, and the majority of us want, we could have a very good squad going into next season.

Lloris/Gazzaniga/Whiteman
Wan Bissaka or Atal/Aurier/Walker-Peters
Rose/Davies
Vertonghen/Sanchez/Foyth/Alderweireld*/Andersen*
NDombele/Grealish/
Winks/Sissoko/Dier
Son/Eriksen/Dele/Lucas/Clarke
Kane/Maxi Gomez

*Andersen only bought if Alderweireld leaves.

Now I understand we probably won’t sign them all, but they’d all be good signings and realistic. Even if we get Tielemans or Gomes in place of NDombele I think it’s an improvement on what we have.

Yeah, but the same should be said for Winks though folks keep putting him in potential starting lineups. Winks is going to be 24(?) next season and even taking into account his smattering of very good performances he has not played well enough to say he is an unquestioned starter. Beyond that he has not stayed healthy for any season. Folks will say an injruy here or an injury there has been flukey but it matters not as he has still been unavailable due to injury. And I really, really like Winks.

But these are the hard decision that Poch wanted when he fought against a DOF. And unfortunately he hasn't shown the guts to carry out just yet. The mitigating circumstances are the stadium/money etc etc. But I hope this is what he wants to talk to DL about this summer, the hard choices that need to be made.

If Poch or Daniel is not trying to fill his position with someone both better and with a better injury record then it is poor squad planning. He will get hurt next season and be out an extended period of time. The evidence is on my side on that one and there is no evidence to support the contrary. As such, recruitment should not be for backup. Players should be recruited 'on top' of other players ie they should be seen to be potentially better than the player currently manning the position. If you don't do that then how do you move forward.

It's crazy on here. Folks are planning 'wish lists' trying to get players just like the players they're replacing like "we need a Dembele replacement". No we don't. We need MFers that can do the job that Dembele did but more and varied. It's like saying "I'm divorced but my new girl is just like my old one but this is one is forever".

But this goes for Lamela too and Dier (not so much because of injury but not good enough in the MF). I hope these are the "painful" things Poch was alluding to.
Yeah, I'd go along with a lot of that.

Our midfield needs MAJOR surgery, and has done for some time. The majority of our resources should be spent on it this Summer.
Ideally we really need to bring in a CDM/6 (Diawara/Ndidi for eg) type player, a top class 'Number 8' (Ndombele/Tielemans) to compete with Winks and realistically another number 8/10 hybrid style player (van de Beek/Grealish for example) as well. And this is all without facotring in Eriksens likely departure.

Leaving all that business to do in the space of one Summer is madness though, and I fear it can't/won't be done.

If Eriksen is out, we should go balls deep for Ødegaard. The Norwegian media has hailed him since he tore apart the premier division at 15. He had a few bad years after going to Real Madrid, as some of us expected he would, but apparently he's been brilliant this season in Vitesse. Huge potential as a playmaker and at set piece delivery.
Not on the same level as Eriksen.

Leaving all that business to do in the space of one Summer is madness though, and I fear it can't/won't be done.
Yes, it is the indirect result of not doing business for 3 windows. At the very lest those players that were never going to play should have been moved on. But at the very least we need 3 players, 2 MFs and a RB. And that's not including CE and TA leaving. TA does not have to be replaced, per se, but another CB needs to be purchased because Jan's minutes should be managed. But if CE leaves then another MF would need to be purchased IMO.

So IMO 3 (or 5) is not too many to bring in for 1 window. We've done more and it doesn't have to be disruptive because we have seasoned players in those positions already that can begin the season if the new guys haven't caught on.

For 45-50 I would buy him
The reason why he’s being quoted at £100m is because he plays in the Premier League and is homegrown. He isn’t any better than Lucas, but because Lucas has come from Ligue 1 he’s cost £25m. £45m is about right for Zaha, he is a very good player and would get into our team most weeks, but anything above that is robbery.

They Neymar deal messed up the whole market. You have players now going for money they are worth not even half of. For example, Julian Brandt. A full German international, 100 appearances plus under his belt and Champions League player goes for £22m. Meanwhile Liverpool want £25m for Harry Wilson who hasn’t played in the Premier League yet, and is off the back of an ok season at Derby.

Yes, it is the indirect result of not doing business for 3 windows. At the very lest those players that were never going to play should have been moved on. But at the very least we need 3 players, 2 MFs and a RB. And that's not including CE and TA leaving. TA does not have to be replaced, per se, but another CB needs to be purchased because Jan's minutes should be managed. But if CE leaves then another MF would need to be purchased IMO.

So IMO 3 (or 5) is not too many to bring in for 1 window. We've done more and it doesn't have to be disruptive because we have seasoned players in those positions already that can begin the season if the new guys haven't caught on.

2 windows... Don't follow others on here into the cunt-trap, mate.

I like Ancelotti’s thinking. Buy Trippier for Napoli, a player all spurs fans want out. Then leave Napoli for Spurs if Poch does leave.

For the record, I don’t want or think Poch will leave. Ancelotti would be a good replacement though!

I'd like to think when the time comes Poch would be replaced by someone younger and more progressive than Ancelloti.

Wolves are also kicking the tires on Rondon, the bastards.

And as far as your implied diss of Marega, well :dembelefingers: Totti. I have been indoctrinated into the cult shown the subtle genius on display with Marega's play. Nabil Bentaleb Nabil Bentaleb has me drinking the special Portuguese Kool-Aid is very persuasive.
Let them mock marega mate. They will cry when I show a picture of us both watching in dragão and they are cunting off in this misery of a place

2 windows... Don't follow others on here into the cunt-trap, mate.
Lucas, Jan 2018, opportunistic buy. gotcha. but my point stands because none of the other shit was moved on and they don't play. the squad is jammed up with players not contributing so at the very least movement out should have occurred in the first team in preparation of new and exciting things.

Must leave this summer
-
Vorm, Trippier, Wanyama, Nkoudou, Janssen and Llorente

Sucks losing them, their qualities are irreplaceable
-Alderweireld, Eriksen

Deserve one more season to prove themselves
-
Aurier, Davies, Dier and Lamela

After 2/3 seaons and they haven't improved, sell them
- Sanchez, Foyth, KWP

Let them go after 2 /3 seasons, they won't have much to offer
-
Rose, Sissoko

Top quality but will start declining after 2/3 seasons
-
Lloris, Vertonghen, Lucas

Can see them maintaining their consistency for the next 4/5 years
- Kane, Son

Wildcard, not sure if they will keep on improving, stagnate or decline
- Dele, Winks, Gazzaniga

ffs can't we perma ban this Goon troll, how obvious does he have to make it.... Spurs fan that doesn't rate any of our own players.

:dembelefingers:

He was Afan on Glory Glory and was the same wind up troll on there, pissing everyone off.

I'd like to think when the time comes Poch would be replaced by someone younger and more progressive than Ancelloti.
Anyone you’d have in mind?

I’ve always seen links to Eddie Howe, but I think he’d be a disaster. Bournemouth can’t defend and are regularly beaten soundly.

Always thought Tuchel or Nargelsman could do a good job at Spurs. But to be honest I couldn’t imagine a Spurs without Poch for a long time. Almost irreplaceable.

Ideally, Sissoko should not be a starter for us next season, in my humble opinion.

He would be an amazing player to have on the bench as an impact player, to add power and drive to the midfield, but we shouldn't be relying on him to start games.

We shouldn't be relying on possibly our best player this past season?

Dread to think who we would have been relying on, also dread to think where we might have finished without the guy

Lucas, Jan 2018, opportunistic buy. gotcha. but my point stands because none of the other shit was moved on and they don't play. the squad is jammed up with players not contributing so at the very least movement out should have occurred in the first team in preparation of new and exciting things.

Meh.

Just stick to the facts of your point then.... It stands by itself. The embellishment and detraction only dents the credibility of your statement.

I don't think Wolves are boring to watch but definitely more of a counter-attacking side. Which lets face is how we ought to play against Liverpool on the 1st.

Regardless, he'd still be my first choice. Nobody else really springs to mind.

Shit.

Poch, please stay!

:pochcry:
I can say that I literally accompanied all of his managerial career and he always played like this. Even in Porto who had a top two squad alongside benfica he was a defensive manager. He just doesn’t cut it for a top club that wants to league titles imo. At least in England. I truly dislike him tho so I’m biased.

Back
Top Bottom