Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think Zaha would thrive with our players and manager. We cannot compare who he is playing with and for at Palace with what is on offer at Spurs.

Unfortunately the price tag is very off putting. He will be under pressure from the beginning to live up to the price tag. I don't know, what I think is important is if Poch really wants him. If that's the case and he manages to persuade Levy to get his wallet out then I hope we as fans get behind Zaha and give him all the support to succeed.

I assumed Werner was joining Munich. But reports are saying he hasn't agreed anything yet. Is it worth us making an offer or will his wage demands be too high? It says his contract is running out so he will be on a free. From what I have seen he can play upfront or as a wide attacker. Cover for kane too.

I think his contract situation is similar to Eriksen. I've read that they've dropped their asking price from £80m to £50m.

He's arguably worth a punt at that in that he fits the role of a player who can play wide or up top. For £50m I'd be happy and see him as a signing of some intent.

But a lot of people here are right imho we need to focus on CM mainly and as such it might be where the majority of our funds go.

Janssen to Palace £18m
Onomah to Palace £12m
giphy.gif

I think his contract situation is similar to Eriksen. I've read that they've dropped their asking price from £80m to £50m.

He's arguably worth a punt at that in that he fits the role of a player who can play wide or up top. For £50m I'd be happy and see him as a signing of some intent.

But a lot of people here are right imho we need to focus on CM mainly and as such it might be where the majority of our funds go.

Werner has a release clause in his contract mixed in with the fact his contract runs out next summer.

More than gettable if we wanted him.

I assumed Werner was joining Munich. But reports are saying he hasn't agreed anything yet. Is it worth us making an offer or will his wage demands be too high? It says his contract is running out so he will be on a free. From what I have seen he can play upfront or as a wide attacker. Cover for kane too.
In the only matches that I saw, he reminded me a lot of what Son does for us. So imo it's difficult for us to use him to his fullest potential if we already have Son too. Werner is too good to be a bench warmer

You've not read what I've said properly.

On the open market they go for half of that at best
On any market.
Just because we're overpaying for one of their players doesn't mean they'll do the same.
Unless you mean we are overpaying them to hide the fact that we are giving away our 'deadwood' for peanuts.

I want the funds to go to RB, CM, and maybe CB depending on what happens with Toby (in the tiny chance we resign him). I want a big upgrade at RB, Wan-Bassaka or Pereira.. Throw in Trippier or Aurier and like $30m in cash. Get a good box to box or creative MF to put with Winks and Sissoko. We probably need another CB - any good young english ones out there to help with home-grown? Sign a 3rd keeper that is English and release or sell Vorm to also help with home grown. Finally, someone to push Dele/Eriksen/Son/Moura up front, even if they are a good squad player and not an instant starter.

Back
Top Bottom