Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Very excited about the prospect of signing Sessegnon. Hopefully we'll play him as a left winger

I did read yesterday that MP’s plan will be have him initially as a left winger, before moving him to left back.

Goodness know where they got that from if it isn’t an assumption.

Come across this on Twitter.

Wilfried Zaha has told Crystal Palace that he wants to leave the club this summer to go in search of @ChampionsLeague football.

Would you take him or is he too big for his boots? Attitude stinks at times, but when he wants to play he’s immense.

Also, can imagine Palace putting a 50m+ price tag on him...

£80m according to the papers today.

Zaha is a good player no doubt, but I can’t see us spending £80m him when that money could be better spent elsewhere.

For £80m we can get change from signing de Ligt.

Dieser Junge ist Senf

Looks like a good player from the vid (as was the intention).

He’s young (23) can play left wing, right wing or behind the striker which gives him the versatility that Poch wants.

He’s also got a €25m release clause, which is what Levy would like.

It all adds up to him being a player Spurs would persue. Just depends on who we’re competing with I suppose.

Last edited:
Looks like a good player from the vid (as was the intention).

He’s young (23) can play left wing, right wing or behind the striker which gives him the versatility that Poch wants.

He’s also got a €25m release clause, which is what Levy would like.

It all adds up to hom being a player Spurs would persue. Just depends on who we’re competing with I suppose.
You knew it inside of you that Levy gonna start the bidding at 15m.

D6quHm1X4AEYVbg.jpg
Love this picture, just waiting for the words "No Mister Bond, I expect you to die"

Grealish, Maxi Gomez, Joachim Andersen (and Bale too) all have the same agency.

They also represent a lot of current Spurs players.

So targets having an agent that knows how to deal with Levy make them a tiny bit more likely to sign with us imo.
I know you are not pushing this but I have seen his name a few time - Maxi Gomez was terrible the second half of the season. Sid Lowe (Spanish football podcst / guardian) who was really talking him up around Christmas has really been talking him down in the past month. The 40 - £50 M is too high.

I know you are not pushing this but I have seen his name a few time - Maxi Gomez was terrible the second half of the season. Sid Lowe (Spanish football podcst / guardian) who was really talking him up around Christmas has really been talking him down in the past month. The 40 - £50 M is too high.
40m to 50m is mad for a bit part player like Gomez indeed! (I don't rate him that highly too tbh)

+ I'm always struggling with the following fact: we struggle a lot to get flops out of our squad! If it's a 15m flop, that's not that big of a problem, but imagine having a +40m flop in your squad you can't get rid of

40m to 50m is mad for a bit part player like Gomez indeed! (I don't rate him that highly too tbh)

+ I'm always struggling with the following fact: we struggle a lot to get flops out of our squad! If it's a 15m flop, that's not that big of a problem, but imagine having a +40m flop in your squad you can't get rid of
they are talking about Gomez going for his release fee - At Christmas this looked cheap, now it looks about double what he is worth.

As well as Brandt (who I have liked for an age), Havertz is meant to be the real deal at Leverkusen.

£80m according to the papers today.

Zaha is a good player no doubt, but I can’t see us spending £80m him when that money could be better spent elsewhere.

For £80m we can get change from signing de Ligt.

Probably pay in £5m instalments like Sissoko?
However if he wants to stay on London with CL footbal we are in a strong position!!

they are talking about Gomez going for his release fee - At Christmas this looked cheap, now it looks about double what he is worth.

As well as Brandt (who I have liked for an age), Havertz is meant to be the real deal at Leverkusen.
Imo Havertz could have a higher ceiling than Brandt, but the most important thing about Brandt is that he has proven to be fairly consistent throughout different managers and rough patches for the club as a whole. Havertz could (in theory) still turn out to be a one season wonder (however not likely)

Back
Top Bottom