Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How our bench could be looking next season:

0_GettyImages-1129119120.jpg

Lyons midfield and forward line has a lot of young high prospects already playing well.

Tousart, Aouar, Maxwell Cornet and Terrier are all players that I've not personally seen linked elsewhere and may be worth "looking into signing"

Biggest issue is Aulas. Their chairman.

West Ham signing. We can do better

Fitness concerns aside, tbf i'm not sure how good we genuinely expect our new splinter-gatherer to be....

Is this honestly less preferable than blowing 70m on the likes of King or Wilson?

Tbh once again it feels wiser to plow our dosh into another goalscoring AM/false 9 candidate.

I don't think that King would be that expensive, he's got a contract until 2021 (so one year left next summer) and he's 27, I like to think that we could get him for something like £25m.

You could be right for all i know.

I'm not a massive Sturridge fan, but don't see us getting much better (re: quality and VFM) considering the role on offer.

Lyons midfield and forward line has a lot of young high prospects already playing well.

Tousart, Aouar, Maxwell Cornet and Terrier are all players that I've not personally seen linked elsewhere and may be worth "looking into signing"

I'd pass on Cornet (talent but ver erratic) and Terrier. But I'd add the LB Mendy to that list (and of course Ndombele) and even Chiekh is a decent young DM/6 in the Dacoure mode.

Good bench player and that's it.

We need new fullbacks and a proper Moose replacement.

Also, let's go for Depay while we're at it. Think he has matured enough at OL to have another crack at the PL. Spurs and Poch would be ideal for him.

No thanks. Boy's very talented but fucks about way too much. Fekir or Brandt would be much, much better.

I'd pass on Cornet (talent but ver erratic) and Terrier. But I'd add the LB Mendy to that list (and of course Ndombele) and even Chiekh is a decent young DM/6 in the Dacoure mode.

Agree on the additional names and only didn't mention Mendy as I was talking about further up the field and N'dombele because he's a big name.

Believe we were after Chiekh and could have got him dirt cheap before he went to Lyon but might be wrong? Did he not go there for peanuts ie 2m odd ?

Biggest issue is Aulas. Their chairman.

He's a bit of a character, but like Levy, he's actually one of the best chairman - if not the best - Lyon are probably the best run club in France in many ways, have a fantastic academy, and academy policy, but also have a really good scouting set up and generally buy really smartly and contrary to rumour, he's pretty realistic about selling too, he just doesn't bend over.

Agree on the additional names and only didn't mention Mendy as I was talking about further up the field and N'dombele because he's a big name.

Believe we were after Chiekh and could have got him dirt cheap before he went to Lyon but might be wrong? Did he not go there for peanuts ie 2m odd ?

No, you are right, I think he's also called Diop, and we were linked when he still in Spain with Celta. Lyon paid something like €10 Eu with add ons I think.

Back
Top Bottom