Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I personally think:
Aurier, Eriksen, Wanyama, N'Kodou, Janssen and Llorente are all gone in the summer (not sure about Toby tbh but hope he stays and personally i would replace Davies).

If that all happens then what do people think we need to bring in?

I personally think:
Aurier, Eriksen, Wanyama, N'Kodou, Janssen and Llorente are all gone in the summer (not sure about Toby tbh but hope he stays and personally i would replace Davies).

If that all happens then what do people think we need to bring in?
I would keep Ben personally, but start moving him more towards being our leftfooted CB option. He's done real well there when called upon and is used to it.

I would also look to maybe activate the extension in Llorente's deal just to prevent too big a turnover. He's proven this month that he can do a job when called upon. But other than that I agree with your post. Eriksen is in my opinion more likely to leave than Toby. Toby seems content to stay with us whilst Eriksen obviously is looking to a new challenge.

I would keep Ben personally, but start moving him more towards being our leftfooted CB option. He's done real well there when called upon and is used to it.

I would also look to maybe activate the extension in Llorente's deal just to prevent too big a turnover. He's proven this month that he can do a job when called upon. But other than that I agree with your post. Eriksen is in my opinion more likely to leave than Toby. Toby seems content to stay with us whilst Eriksen obviously is looking to a new challenge.

Toby seems to be driven by what his agent (father) wants to do so I'm not sure that we can judge from Toby's actions.

Eriksen said (when at Ajax) that it was his dream to play at Barcelona (rather than Real Madrid) but if either come calling with a reasonable offer, there's not a lot we can do about it I think as there will only be a year left on his contract.

I think we need a LB, but not sure there's one we will get. Rose seems to be coming back to his old self although he'll probably never reach the heights on 2015/16 so it would be Ben who moves on, but I agree he may be kept on to cover LB/CB, although I think Poch wants to bring through one of several youngsters as a CB so it could get pretty crowded in the CB position.

Otherwise I agree with kingdawson kingdawson list but I'd add Vorm (out of contract and replace with HG GK or Whiteman/Austin if good enough) and maybe 30 year old Sissoko (despite his resurgence) if we got in a good CM as its the last opportunity to get a decent fee, but again I think Poch would be just as happy to keep him if the fee wasn't large enough.

Toby has refused to sign a contract for coming up to 2 years. Where people are getting that he is now content to stay with us I just don't know. He is gone.

Eriksen is actually more likely to stay in my opinion, I think he is waiting for one of the big spanish clubs to come in for him. If they don't then I think he will sign a new contract.

Toby seems to be driven by what his agent (father) wants to do so I'm not sure that we can judge from Toby's actions.

Eriksen said (when at Ajax) that it was his dream to play at Barcelona (rather than Real Madrid) but if either come calling with a reasonable offer, there's not a lot we can do about it I think as there will only be a year left on his contract.

I think we need a LB, but not sure there's one we will get. Rose seems to be coming back to his old self although he'll probably never reach the heights on 2015/16 so it would be Ben who moves on, but I agree he may be kept on to cover LB/CB, although I think Poch wants to bring through one of several youngsters as a CB so it could get pretty crowded in the CB position.

Otherwise I agree with kingdawson kingdawson list but I'd add Vorm (out of contract and replace with HG GK or Whiteman/Austin if good enough) and maybe 30 year old Sissoko (despite his resurgence) if we got in a good CM as its the last opportunity to get a decent fee, but again I think Poch would be just as happy to keep him if the fee wasn't large enough.
Ben seems to be one of Poch's more trusted players and is younger than Rose so I could see him want to keep Ben on.

Perisic has been on the decline for 2 years. It'd be a disappointing signing in my view.

Especially when there are other positions that genuinely need improving.

With a keen interest in the Bundesliga and making a note of any players that might be of interest to Spurs, I'd suggest that if Eriksen was to move on, an ideal replacement would be Julian Brandt (Leverkusen). Very skillful, great vision, pacy and with a lot of experience despite his young age. As a replacement for Llorente as Kane's 'back up' I really like Luka Jovic´of Frankfurt (on loan from Benfica). Again very young, he's strong, two footed and good in the air, with 19 goals in the same amount of games.

Last edited:
Perisic has been on the decline for 2 years. It'd be a disappointing signing in my view.

Especially when there are other positions that genuinely need improving.
Almost spat out my coffee when I saw the transfer rumour earlier. Has to be bollocks. No way in hell have we gone two windows waiting for the 'right' signing only to make that move.

The only thing I can think of to support it is maybe getting an experienced leader into the squad who can help see the big games out, a little like Leicester did with Cambiasso in their first season back in the PL. I'll be perfectly honest and say I have no idea whether Perisic could even fulfil that kind of purpose.

Good bench player and that's it.

We need new fullbacks and a proper Moose replacement.

Also, let's go for Depay while we're at it. Think he has matured enough at OL to have another crack at the PL. Spurs and Poch would be ideal for him.
Still waiting to buy my shirt with Memphis on the back. Imagine the player he might be if he'd made the right choice in the first place.

:pochsmirk:

Sissoko isn't going anywhere. No way will Poch let go of a reliable player like him......it's the same with Lamela who I don't really rate much. Before I thought he would be shifted but as a decent squad player there's no way he is going as well.

Sissoko isn't going anywhere. No way will Poch let go of a reliable player like him......it's the same with Lamela who I don't really rate much. Before I thought he would be shifted but as a decent squad player there's no way he is going as well.

Agree on Sissoko. We would need 2 or 3 new midfielders for that to be considered and that would be reckless and unwarranted.

Not sure on Lamela. Hr really has not stood up at all this season, bar rhe odd cameo.

If we go for Sessegnon as I hope we do then he completely moves to squad player, even more than now.

Unlike Son, Lameka has never found the consistency of improved performance. I just wonder if he ever will.

Right now there is no real indication of what kind of changes to the midfield Pochettino is planning.

Lyons midfield and forward line has a lot of young high prospects already playing well.

Tousart, Aouar, Maxwell Cornet and Terrier are all players that I've not personally seen linked elsewhere and may be worth "looking into signing"

Back
Top Bottom