Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not the most important thing to take away from last night - but I'm curious, how much more money are we going to get from the CL pot after reaching the semis?
:sonhmm:

As the accountant fella on a recent Fighting Cock podcast pointed out, that kind of statement win also puts us in the eye of the international market more, boosting the club's brand.

Fuck me, you might even find it's easier to sign up a player because they see us as a more desirable destination if they think we're going places.

An enormous night.

Not the most important thing to take away from last night - but I'm curious, how much more money are we going to get from the CL pot after reaching the semis?

As the accountant fella on a recent Fighting Cock podcast pointed out, that kind of statement win also puts us in the eye of the international market more, boosting the club's brand.

Fuck me, you might even find it's easier to sign up a player because they see us as a more desirable destination if they think we're going places.

An enormous night.
Well, here's the numbers if anyone is interested...

:levywhoa:

Edit: that doesn't even include TV money, so my guess is that it's even more lucrative.

Last edited:

An enormous night.
This is exactly why we do and should prioritize the league and CL over FA cup and Mickey Mouse cup.

How’s he doing?

Didn’t we sign him from Ebbsfleet?

All true.

And think of Sissoko in his first two seasons at Spurs for how Tracey is doing.

Tracey is a good utility player at filling loads of positions from full back to striker' - but he is 3rd or 4th best in all positions but has great strength and powerful running but very limited technically

Well, here's the numbers if anyone is interested...

:levywhoa:

Edit: that doesn't even include TV money, so my guess is that it's even more lucrative.

the 15m figure you quote is the " fixed amount' which aggregated for all such payments makes up 30% or 600m of the 2 billion prize money that is distributed from the CL pot so total earnings are certainly a lot more when the other 70% is distributed !

And on top of that is not only match day income but many sponsorship deals give extra payments the further we get in CL and PL .......

And then longer term benefits of maybe a more attractive stadium naming rights deal , players choosing a CL semi finalist to join rather than an " out if CL club like ManU Chelsea or Woolwich....etc.

And then longer term benefits of maybe a more attractive stadium naming rights deal , players choosing a CL semi finalist to join rather than an " out if CL club like ManU Chelsea or Woolwich....etc.
This is a big one. Yes, we've missed out on some naming rights revenue - but it's clearly down to Levy playing hardball for a lot of money.

This CL run will have helped massively with a view to securing top whack for naming rights.

All true.

And think of Sissoko in his first two seasons at Spurs for how Tracey is doing.

Tracey is a good utility player at filling loads of positions from full back to striker' - but he is 3rd or 4th best in all positions but has great strength and powerful running but very limited technically

Blakey licking his lips

Another of our players he can call ‘turgid’!!

2 of our 4 recognised full backs must be replaced I feel.

Try and get Sessegnon for Lamela and probably 3 other additions.

Won't be easy or seamless but we need that I feel.

I’m just not sold on Sessegnon. I know he’s young but £40 million is a huge amount of money. He’s not going to be an immediate starter.

I’m just not sold on Sessegnon. I know he’s young but £40 million is a huge amount of money. He’s not going to be an immediate starter.

And he won't cost 40 million, at least not until he is part of anything that resembles success.

I think he will be a fantastic player but is not a defender.

We keep hearing on Eriksen that class is permanent and form temporary.

So yep, still a leap for Sessegnon but he has been in a poor team and saddled with high expectation.

Mauricio Pochettino will spend up to £150m revamping his Tottenham squad this summer and could look to sell 28-year-old England defenders Danny Rose and Kieran Trippier. (Mail)

Back
Top Bottom