Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hugo leaving in the summer?

Spurs captain Lloris is reportedly set to leave the club at the end of the season, with Argentina international Paulo Gazzaniga ready to step up and become no.1 at the new White Hart Lane.

And according to the Daily Star, the north Londoners are looking to bring in 25-year-old Malencia as back-up.

> Daily Star
> Lloris leaving - despite of Pochettino shutting any speculation down massively after the Liverpool blunder
> Not bringing in a new number 1 and promoting Gazzaniga instead

Yeah, it's bollocks.
:deledoubt:

giphy.gif

I hope we don't obviously miss him tomorrow night.

De Jong plays deeper, Van De Beek plays further forward. We could probably have done with both.

I'm still not sold on Van De Beek but I adore the talents of De Jong. The thing is, most of the teams we play against will drop deep against us & not play the open way in which Juve did when the game turned on its head. I'm sure he's a talented player but I don't know if he's the kind of talent that will be a game changer for us. That's where we're at now, looking at quality that enhances the teams prospects. Time will tell but the jury is still out on Van De Beek, I'm yet to see enough of him that wows me

Tottenham lead the race to sign 18-year-old Fulham winger Ryan Sessegnon thanks to boss Mauricio Pochettino's work with other young English talents. (Sun)

18, talented & mouldable. Can play a variety of positions and is yet to reach his physical peak. I know a few ain't sure but if the fee is decent he's well worth a punt. The way he gets his angles right when running past players is enough for me to want to see Spurs develop him.

Not sexy names but I'd love Sessegnon, Grealish etc through the door this summer, both are well worth a punt if the dollar is good

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom