Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We would be a better team with him / and he is a winner

First bit is supposition on your part and the second bit is history....we are living in the factual present....he would be a huge risk and I'd far rather us get a top class RB for £50m and see the team formation perfectly balanced and challenging for the title.

I fully appreciate the sentiment behind this 'Bring back Bale' idealism but it would be a huge gamble and an unnecessary one. You and many others may want him but the team doesn't need him. Let it go ...he's no longer the player you think he is. If he is that good how come clubs haven't been grabbing Zidane's hand off ??

Everyone knew he was available as soon as ZZ returned to RM so why no offers ? Apart from his current wage structure which RM would help out with if it meant getting him off their books, he obviously is no longer on anyone's shopping list.

I am not trying to tarnish the guy's record, it speaks for itself and nobody appreciates his contribution to this club more than me but that's the past.....we move on and upwards
:coys:

Aside from the manner in which he left, I think the Bale sale actually did us good in the long term. But his best days are behind him imo & I wouldn’t want it to be all about him again. No thanks. He’s our past not our future.
Fuck me I can’t let this go. Trust me I want to

But put Bale in that CL final and summin tells me win it

Admittedly I’ve an emotional attachment to the monkey boy because he was that good and my eyes they saw the glory

The best movie of all time!! :dembelelol:
Too often overlooked because of all the shit parody movies that came out around the same time!

I still love it.

not-another-teen-movie-gif-9.gif

Do you know what? I fucking despise this time if year for 2 reasons:
1. The clickbait bullshit so called journalism where random speculation about shit theyve made up is rife. This includes stuff like talkshite where ive just heard that pair of utter utter cunts Saunders and lispton talking shite about spurs again.
2. The fucking Twitter ITK cunts and second by second updates that we apparently need.
Oh and 3. bus-conductor bus-conductor who grinds my gears because he's such a fucking dull spunktrumpet.

I just need to know when we've signed players as up till that point no one really knows what's going on and certainly not those journalist cunts...

Injury problems have limited the Welshman to 79 La Liga appearances in the past four seasons. He played 42 matches for Los Blancos last term, half of those as a substitute.

LOL at the BBC - doing a quick calculation, Bale has actually made 97 appearances for RM in La Liga over the last four seasons.

2015/16 - 23
2016/17 - 19
2017/18 - 26
2018/19 - 29

:pocheyes:

Do you know what? I fucking despise this time if year for 2 reasons:
1. The clickbait bullshit so called journalism where random speculation about shit theyve made up is rife. This includes stuff like talkshite where ive just heard that pair of utter utter cunts Saunders and lispton talking shite about spurs again.
2. The fucking Twitter ITK cunts and second by second updates that we apparently need.
Oh and 3. bus-conductor bus-conductor who grinds my gears because he's such a fucking dull spunktrumpet.

I just need to know when we've signed players as up till that point no one really knows what's going on and certainly not those journalist cunts...

Smack on...the bullshit I keep reading about Danny Rose and Barcelona is mind blowing. First we left him behind so he could pursue interest from other clubs, then he offered himself to Barca but was rejected, next Spurs offer Rose to Barca and they are considering and finally Barca approach Spurs about Rose availablity....all this in the space of about 12 hours.....staggering shite.

We'll be taking a massive gamble if we don't being in a right back. A Ben Davies level would do. I.e. Some who doesn't have recurring injury problems, understands the role of a full back and is very good at it.

Back
Top Bottom