Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nothing about today’s match changed the way I view this squads strengths, weaknesses and needs.

Which is both good and bad I guess.
I wasn't impressed by KWP in defense although as a WB he was ok. I thought the defense was shambolic. Dele played well as did Lucas and clearly Ndombele is going to be a huge asset. And Harry showing Beckham how it's REALLY done. Touch of genius there I think. But back 3/4 really worrisome. Huge holes appearing. Seems as though none of them knew what the others were doing. Liked the guy on the left.....Georgiu ??? Don't know how to spell it. Lots of potential there.

I think it's just Poch being his diplomatic self and showing Bale some respect as an ex legend of the club. Zidane (The bastard) has absolutely panned Gareth lately so rather than say "We're not interested" and heap more pain on the lad he's taken the safe ground and sat on the fence.....wise move.
I think the club is always going to be tentatively interested in bringing him back for as long as he keeps playing. But all the planets have to align for it to make sense.

You're probably right mate, I would rather keep Eriksen and get Lo Celso than sell Eriksen and get Bale and Lo Celso.

Not saying Bale isn't talented, clearly he is but I don't want this team to become the Bale show and I don't want his attitude fucking up the squad harmony tbh, the whole thing about Poch is that no player is bigger than the team and that's the way it should stay imo.

I think what we need before the window closes now is Lo Celso, Sess and a RB, I think the RB and Lo Celso are both imperative and if Rose leaves then Sess will also be imperative as well.
It's possible that he's grown up.

I think it's just Poch being his diplomatic self and showing Bale some respect as an ex legend of the club. Zidane (The bastard) has absolutely panned Gareth lately so rather than say "We're not interested" and heap more pain on the lad he's taken the safe ground and sat on the fence.....wise move.

Think it's also that at this stage of TW it's too early to say whether Bale might or might not come.

Madrid would need to agree to pay a much bigger slice of Bales wages than they are currently prepared to do. But anything could happe I the last week of TW.

So better for him to say nothing.

I wasn't impressed by KWP in defense although as a WB he was ok. I thought the defense was shambolic. Dele played well as did Lucas and clearly Ndombele is going to be a huge asset. And Harry showing Beckham how it's REALLY done. Touch of genius there I think. But back 3/4 really worrisome. Huge holes appearing. Seems as though none of them knew what the others were doing. Liked the guy on the left.....Georgiu ??? Don't know how to spell it. Lots of potential there.
agree our defence need strengthening. If we are to spend 60 mil on our next signing i hope is a centre back

agree our defence need strengthening. If we are to spend 60 mil on our next signing i hope is a centre back
Why - we've already got 4 plus Dier and Davies who have both played for their countries (and us) in that position. I think 6 gives us sufficient cover - and that's not even taking into account Tanganga who played today. Think there are more desperate positions to fill - well only two desperate ones really and that's full backs. Anything else is a bonus boost to the squad.

Aside from the manner in which he left, I think the Bale sale actually did us good in the long term. But his best days are behind him imo & I wouldn’t want it to be all about him again. No thanks. He’s our past not our future.

Back
Top Bottom