Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fast approaching the stage when clubs decline offers and hold on to players because they have no time for contingency plans regarding replacements.
Would like to see some more business concluded by middle of next week and avoid any unnecessary 'panic' buys.
So looking forward to watching the game Sunday.....a nice distraction from transfer gossip.

Why would anyone want to cook on diesel? The food would taste like shit

8053f63b919778db955a8d9386c249a8.jpg

Fast approaching the stage when clubs decline offers and hold on to players because they have no time for contingency plans regarding replacements.
Would like to see some more business concluded by middle of next week and avoid any unnecessary 'panic' buys.
So looking forward to watching the game Sunday.....a nice distraction from transfer gossip.

Do you think we are likely to do any deals while the team and Poch are in Singapore? I assume Levy stayed in London but Poch is for sure integral to new players joining us. Maybe Lo Celso and Sessegnon because both players apparently want to come but Levy is playing hardball on the deals. So who else ?

Running down his contract, knackered ankles, a.nd replaced with a record transfer, who I have never seen play,but people round here seem to think is the second coming of Christ(a large percentage of whom, I suspect, have never seen him player either). Even had an extra letter in his surname.
I get what your saying, on his day , when fit and on it, he's a magnificent footballer. But he's rarely fit and on it, wanted to go, wasn't what you would call a star player at the time of his sale, certainly not in the context of the post I quoted, and we are arguably stronger now for his leaving.

In my opinion, of Course.

Running down his contract, knackered ankles, a.nd replaced with a record transfer, who I have never seen play,who people round here seem to think is the second coming of Christ(a large percentage of whom, I suspect, have never seen him player either). Even had an extra letter in his surname.
I get what your saying, on his day , when fit and on it, he's a magnificent footballer. But he's rarely fit and on it, wanted to go, wasn't what you would call a star player at the time of his sale, certainly not in the context of the post I quoted, and we are arguably stronger now for his leaving.

In my opinion, of Course.
I agree with you on many points here. Yes he was injured a lot and couldn't play every week etc. I do however believe we would have been better off keeping him until this summer. We really failed to control midfield a lot toward the end of last season. If we could have kept him fresh and fit for the final, who knows...

Agree 100% a quality player when fit. I remember very well his masterclass in Turin in the 2-2 with Juve.

I agree with you on many points here. Yes he was injured a lot and couldn't play every week etc. I do however believe we would have been better off keeping him until this summer. We really failed to control midfield a lot toward the end of last season. If we could have kept him fresh and fit for the final, who knows...

Agree 100% a quality player when fit. I remember very well his masterclass in Turin in the 2-2 with Juve.
The thing is, Pochettino, I suspect on the advice of the sports science bods, didn't we would have been better off keeping him.
I know it doesn't suit the narrative some like to adopt, but I don't think it's unfair to believe he was done in premiership terms. And I don't think Pochettino turned up to training one day wondering why dembele wasn't there

We've just obliterated our transfer record mate, that's definitely a shift in the kind of direction Poch wants from us. We've committed to paying up to £63m for Ndombele when our next record was £40m and £30m. That's definitely the start to the next phase he was after.
You might be right but the window's not over. If Ndombele has been financed from a planned sale of Eriksen, then its the same as before.

Back
Top Bottom