Summer 2019 - Pre Season (ICC , Audi Cup & Other Matches)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Toby Alderweireld
Dele Alli
Christian Eriksen
Juan Foyth
Paulo Gazzaniga
Anthony Georgiou
Harry Kane
Erik Lamela
Hugo Lloris
George Marsh
Lucas Moura
Tanguy Ndombele
Georges-Kevin Nkoudou
Troy Parrott
Jack Roles
Danny Rose
Davinson Sanchez
Moussa Sissoko
Oliver Skipp
Heung-Min Son
Japhet Tanganga
Jan Vertonghen
Kyle Walker-Peters
Harvey White
Harry Winks
Alfie Whiteman

No obvious omissions (except Wanyama back from AFCON reporting knee problems so not travelling so can be assessed) , couple of non playing youngsters in previous friendlies not included - Bowden, Lyons Foster and de Bie, replaced by Sanchez, Rose & N'Koudou..

Rose, Eriksen and Alderweireld travel, as do youngsters such as Parrott, Tanganga, Roles, White, Whiteman and Georgiou

Surprise traveller is GKN - might they have meant GLC and got the words mixed up ?

Last edited:
Cannot see anyone not in squad playing re Villa. 4 players out through injury, 2 players suspended. Not a good start as squad stretched from start.
The worst part is that 3 injuries would be fine and about as expected. But the fourth injury (Aurier smashing a table and fucking his hand) and two suspensions are literally because supposedly grown men, paid huge amounts of money to be available, threw temper tantrums.

Cannot see anyone not in squad playing re Villa. 4 players out through injury, 2 players suspended. Not a good start as squad stretched from start.

Always likely that Aurier and Wanyama would not be match for for Villa, as with ADCON they've missed most of pre-season.

Not sure when Dier and Davies will be back fit, thought they might have been already.

Foyth and Son suspensions ae no surprise, we knew of them from end of last season, and we know they should be back for game 3, so not that bad.

So not ideal, but Liverpool got their front 3 and GK back training after AFCON/Copa America today, so think they are in a worse position with 4 first team starters out.

I'd guess one or too of our youngsters could be on the bench v Villa ?

Last match v Inter at NWHL on August 4.

One surprise to me this preseason is that most of the players have only played 45 minutes in most of the games - although with the Audi Cup games v Real Madrid and Bayern Munich being on successive days that's perhaps understandable in those 2 matches.

However in the Inter match I suspect most of the starting X1 will play at least 75 minutes or even the full 90 minutes just do as to be ready for the first PL game just s week later.

Not sure how many subs will be allowed but it would be s nice touch if at least all the youngsters who have done so well this preseason were on the bench even if they don't play. Good experience for them too if, as I hope, a few of them make first team appearances this season - a few of them look ready willing and able !

Looks like they may be part of the squad v Inter, probably won't see any playing time though if the first X1 mostly play 90 minutes.

Really hope we get to see a full game from Ndombele.... So far pre-season has felt like a tease of what we might get given his limited game time and the chopping and changing in other positions disrupting the overall flow of our performances.

Looked like I was gonna get to go tomorrow, but now I've got family business to take care of and will be scouring around for a full match upload tomorrow night instead.... Enjoy the game if ya got tickets, peeps! :thumbup:

Hope y'all realise that the trains aren't running tomorrow. I'm going to miss the whole of the first half now. If it were not for the fact that this is my first time inside the new stadium I would have given my ticket away.
Edit: Trains are running to Northumberland Park but that doesn't help me.

Last edited:
Really hope we get to see a full game from Ndombele.... So far pre-season has felt like a tease of what we might get given his limited game time and the chopping and changing in other positions disrupting the overall flow of our performances.

Looked like I was gonna get to go tomorrow, but now I've got family business to take care of and will be scouring around for a full match upload tomorrow night instead.... Enjoy the game if ya got tickets, peeps! :thumbup:
N'dombele's saying hello to the fans after the warm-up tomorrow. That'll be nice.

LATEST - White Hart Lane station closed - no overground to Seven Sisters - travel update

We look forward to welcoming you to Sunday’s International Champions Cup fixture against Inter (3pm) - our final pre-season friendly before the big kick-off against Aston Villa next Saturday.

This is your chance to see how the team is shaping up ahead of the 2019/2020 campaign, fresh from their travels to Singapore, Shanghai and Munich over the past fortnight.

In the event of the match being tied after 90 minutes, we shall go straight into a penalty shoot-out to determine the winner.

Anyone else going to attempt to find the Dispensary before the Inter game? I'll be the really suave, debonair, good looking bloke, surrounded by dolly birds in mini skirts.

mszjw2D.jpg

Back
Top Bottom