Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As long as there's a free slot in the 25 man squad, and it confirms with the rules on homegrown players, you can still register a free agent.

How?

You HAD to register your squad a day after the window shut. Changes can only be made to their squad list during a transfer window, meaning clubs will have to wait until January to register any more players after that date.

Do you have any source for this? Not that I'm saying you're wrong just from most things I read seem to point towards it can't be done.

How?

You HAD to register your squad a day after the window shut. Changes can only be made to their squad list during a transfer window, meaning clubs will have to wait until January to register any more players after that date.

Do you have any source for this? Not that I'm saying you're wrong just from most things I read seem to point towards it can't be done.
I definitely read it somewhere. Just trying to find the source now to verify it. You sound so certain that I'm starting to doubt myself
:llorisunsure:

Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 I copied that Syed article you wanted to read. It’s on the previous page if you didn’t get a notification.
tenor.gif

Martial is someone I really rate and is only 22, 4 years younger than Son. I can't really answer whether Lucas is better yet because he hasn't been given the chance in the PL.

So seeing as I was binned for 6 weeks for supporting the club, have you now decided whether you would rather have Moura or Martial now?

Also remember a few usual suspects disagreeing with this one:

But Son is better than Martial as will Moura be. I thought people wanted improvements.
Or is he an upgrade on Nkoudou? Fair enough in that case, but that won’t happen for 60M for a player par with Lamela.

Swapping with Toby is the stuff of computer game fantasists before you mention that one

Are people still outraged that we stuck with "unproven" Moura instead of signing Martial or Zaha?
I saw John Thomas John Thomas banging the Toby drum furiously too, something about "humble pie".

Pretty funny John, seeing as my mantra was:
I’m delighted with the window....we haven’t sold anyone, so dont need anyone.
Aug 3rd

Where as your's was:
If I was Daniel, I'd say we want one of your better players, i.e. Martial, as part of the deal, or you can fuck right off.

You "didnt want Toby sold", but you wanted him sold for Martial, like may others.....I mocked that notion too:
Weird...... so weird that many of the people who agreed with this firmly believe that getting Martial in the deal will make Toby’s sale ok.
All over the place as usual.....unless Martial can play CB

Basically embarrassed for a massive amount of people on here, while Moura is tearing teams apart, some Utd benchwarmer has played about 3 seconds of the season and done nothing.

Im guessing the Watford loss was a little bit of a welcome breather for some of you, the team were shitting all over your views in the weeks prior to that. I do worry how you will cope though next week when we dismantle Liverpool, the team some of you seem to fear and want to perform fellatio on in equal measures.

I mean, Utd bought Fred for 50M so that means we should have lost. Imagine putting three past a clown keeper that cost 66M. Imagine when that "past it crock" Dembele destroys your beloved Kieta for 90 minutes..
How will you cope?

Fucking wannabes

So seeing as I was binned for 6 weeks for supporting the club, have you now decided whether you would rather have Moura or Martial now?

Also remember a few usual suspects disagreeing with this one:

Are people still outraged that we stuck with "unproven" Moura instead of signing Martial or Zaha?
I saw John Thomas John Thomas banging the Toby drum furiously too, something about "humble pie".

Pretty funny John, seeing as my mantra was:

Aug 3rd

Where as your's was:

You "didnt want Toby sold", but you wanted him sold for Martial, like may others.....I mocked that notion too:

Basically embarrassed for a massive amount of people on here, while Moura is tearing teams apart, some Utd benchwarmer has played about 3 seconds of the season and done nothing.

Im guessing the Watford loss was a little bit of a welcome breather for some of you, the team were shitting all over your views in the weeks prior to that. I do worry how you will cope though next week when we dismantle Liverpool, the team some of you seem to fear and want to perform fellatio on in equal measures.

I mean, Utd bought Fred for 50M so that means we should have lost. Imagine putting three past a clown keeper that cost 66M. Imagine when that "past it crock" Dembele destroys your beloved Kieta for 90 minutes..
How will you cope?

Fucking wannabes
Welcome back Sammy. Been a while.
Start lubing ourselves up for the January window shall we?

Won't that depend on results though? Or is it Poch that gets all the shit if we're falling short?

If we're falling short, I'll blame where the faults lie, like I always do.

If its Dele playing poor, and Poch not rotating, I will say so......If its Kane playing like a big fat slug, I will point it out.
To thousands of disagrees.

But what I do know is that this is a top 3 team, which hasnt peaked yet, so if there are problems with performances come January, then my wish will be to see those problems sorted out by the responsible parties.

What I wont do is spend months slagging off the club because we didnt sign Schniderlin/Berahino/Bony/Sessengon/Barkley/Martial/Zaha or whichever other average player who isnt better than our own, but that people have decided will propel us to the treble this year.

If we're falling short, I'll blame where the faults lie, like I always do.
If its Dele playing poor, and Poch not rotating, I will say so......If its Kane playing like a big fat slug, I will point it out.
To thousands of disagrees.
Is there a point where you would also consider blaming our transfer activity (or lack of). Or is that some holy grail that must never, ever be questioned?

Is there a point where you would also consider blaming our transfer activity (or lack of). Or is that some holy grail that must never, ever be questioned?
Id slag it off if we paid 60M for Martial, or 50M for Barkley.

As it stands, we started with an 11 that cost less than Pogba at Old Trafford two weeks ago.

I think our transfer policy is just fine.

Id slag it off if we paid 60M for Martial, or 50M for Barkley.
As it stands, we started with an 11 that cost less than Pogba at Old Trafford two weeks ago.
I think our transfer policy is just fine.
So, if we spent big on players and had a poor season you'd blame our transfer policy.
But if we spend nothing on players and have a poor season our transfer window would not be to blame.
Thanks for clearing that up

Back
Top Bottom