Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Malcom has a high ceiling which is why I want him. Could be brazil's second or third best player in a few years' time. We do need to focus on CM because winks just hasn't come along due to injuries, the other young CMs aren't getting time and dembele is injury prone and 30. Kurzawa is fucking shit by the way. Do not want! The only other area would be CB if toby goes, and that will be a hard one.

Fun research question:

You are ditching one Danny Rose. What criteria do you use to find his replacement? AKA, what should a full back be good at?

Malcom has a high ceiling which is why I want him. Could be brazil's second or third best player in a few years' time. We do need to focus on CM because winks just hasn't come along due to injuries, the other young CMs aren't getting time and dembele is injury prone and 30. Kurzawa is fucking shit by the way. Do not want! The only other area would be CB if toby goes, and that will be a hard one.

How do you determine his ceiling is high, are you a scout or is Fifa/FM telling you ?

Also Winks hasnt come on ? Wtf he's been injured, prior to that he was looking nailed on to go to Russia. He's going to be an amazing player for us and England if he stays clear of injuries.

Integral - Positioning, Tackling, Stamina, Anticipation, Passing
Beneficial - Crossing, Acceleration, Work Rate
I think you’ve largely described Davies, which is a problem as we don’t need 2 of the same players.

Whether it’s Rose getting back to his best or someone else, that spot in the squad needs acceleration, athleticism, and tenacity chiefly. Poch can mold positioning and anticipation...he can’t teach speed.

I think you’ve largely described Davies, which is a problem as we don’t need 2 of the same players.

Whether it’s Rose getting back to his best or someone else, that spot in the squad needs acceleration, athleticism, and tenacity chiefly. Poch can mold positioning and anticipation...he can’t teach speed.
And, intriguingly, even if we got Sessegnon I doubt at this point he'd be happy to come in as a default LB. The lad is playing further forward now to great effect.

If we start getting linked with LBs from the continent then we'll know Danny boy is offski.

And, intriguingly, even if we got Sessegnon I doubt at this point he'd be happy to come in as a default LB. The lad is playing further forward now to great effect.

If we start getting linked with LBs from the continent then we'll know Danny boy is offski.
Can’t see Sessegnon ever playing LB again. It’s part of why I still doubt he leaves Fulham. They can afford to pay him an extension and keep him around, he plays as a pure winger for a season and banishes the notion anyone is going to stick him back in at LB.

Fun research question:

You are ditching one Danny Rose. What criteria do you use to find his replacement? AKA, what should a full back be good at?
keeping his fucking mouth shut during a turbulent time for the club.

I'd also expect him to give a shite when he goes on the pitch and maybe try to get into some form after a long injury.

we're talking about an hypothetical LB of course

It's true that you can't teach speed, but Pochettino this year seems to maybe feel that it's less needed. Both Davies and Trippier are averaging creating two chances per 90 as full backs, which is in the top 5 in Europe, and we're the only club with a pair of fullbacks in the top 30 on that score. Their fancy expected assist values this year are also higher than any season managed by either Rose or Walker (including this year under Pep for Kyle).

I am wondering if Pochettino is less concerned about fullback pace now that he has both Son and Moura available, or if he feels that the trade off is worth it just as a general rule.

First and foremost your defender should be able to defend.

We don't have a pacey squad and we do fine. Technical/Mental attributes over physical every time.

Back
Top Bottom