Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why does everyone want and rave about Malcom. What am I missing, his YouTube vids look okay nothing special, his stats are decent but it's the French league......

Seems like every year a decent prospect we might be interested in comes out of nowhere and gets sexed up to almost superfucker status...... it's like an urban legend being created right here right now.

Brazilian tick
Can pass a ball a bit tick
Scores a few goals tick
Assists a bit tick
Misses chances tick
Dribbles and something nearly comes of it tick
Lots of posters wanting to get in early and say he's going to be world class so they can say they called it tick
Guaranteed Future worldie we must not fail to sign or were doomed tick

I just see another Steed Malbranque minus the schlong extension or maybe not.... What am I missing ?

There is a lot to be said for buying still young players who are dissatisfied with their move to a petroclub. Most of those clubs bought a lot of really good talent, but have been shit at integrating it. Giving them the chance for some personal vindication is a pretty effective path for us, I think.

Look at his ball control, almost as good as Dembele.
Don't get me wrong, hopefully Dembele still has some great years ahead of him,
but Sergej Milinkovic-Savic's style of play would make him a worthy successor.

(A man can dream right?)

There is a lot to be said for buying still young players who are dissatisfied with their move to a petroclub. Most of those clubs bought a lot of really good talent, but have been shit at integrating it. Giving them the chance for some personal vindication is a pretty effective path for us, I think.
Yeah, and they say Fair Play rules are useless...worked out pretty well for us so far.

Look at his ball control, almost as good as Dembele.
Don't get me wrong, hopefully Dembele still has some great years ahead of him,
but Sergej Milinkovic-Savic's style of play would make him a worthy successor.

(A man can dream right?)

Think he's out of our price range - Lazio's president said he's looking for around €150m for him...

Is there really anything to this? Aside from some betting odds moving, is there anything else to support this?

I don't really want him back, and we won't pay the wages.
Only way I would bring him back is on a free (I would accept in exchange for any installments left from his original transfer), and pay as you play
Cos a fit and on form Bale is a beast of a player

I honestly feel like at that age I thought more highly of Depay than Malcolm. Think he looked like he had a higher ceiling. Not fussed about missing out on Malcolm - doesn’t really strike me as the type of player that’s going to be as good as people say he’s going to be.

He’s turned 21 this season and having his first season of real consequence in France. 2 months older than Dele, look at the gulf in accomplishment. Look what Kane did in his season at that age. Eriksen, Coutinho, etc. at that age - I feel like VDV was a much better player at that point in his career.

His path reminds me of a little lesser Willian - a lot of talk about little of consequence largely because he’s the next big Brazilian thing we’re told. Not that Willian isn’t a good player, but we got ourselves all worked up over him just like some are with Malcolm. In the end he turned out to be a solidly unspectacular AM for the business end of the PL and CL. Good, but probably over valued in fee and salary.

Back
Top Bottom