Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Playing 5 across midfield (with wing backs making up 2 of that) would see us get by without a Dembele replacement.

It's whether or not we decide to change formations when Dembele leaves.

If we stick with 2 in the middle then yeah, we need a replacement.
That's amazing when you think Dembele would almost need two players to replace him.

This makes me sad. Another King in terms of what could have been for me.

It’ll be interesting to see what happens with Sessengon. If Sessengon stays and he flops in the Premier League then his value plummets and Fulham will miss out on a windfall. If he goes and is quality, Fulham may struggle.

Gotta say, watching the Playoff Final - just don't see it with Sessegnon

The hype machine has got smoke coming off it! He's no winger for starters, more a wing back imo. He looks mature for 17/18 with standard touch / technique. He's no Bale that's for sure. Even when Redknapp had doubts you could see Bale had exceptional ability in his skills and the way he ran with the ball.

But apparently sky's the limit according to some on here.

Playing 5 across midfield (with wing backs making up 2 of that) would see us get by without a Dembele replacement.

It's whether or not we decide to change formations when Dembele leaves.

If we stick with 2 in the middle then yeah, we need a replacement.
I've got a feeling that the Eriksen dinner followed by Poch signing a new contract the next day are not unrelated.

Could be completely wrong, of course, but I reckon Poch might be exploring the idea of converting Eriksen to a CM rather than a CAM to simultaneously help our build up play and allow us to play more of our fast attacking midfielders (/potential new signings) in front of him. It would explain how we're being linked with these fast CAMs, with no indication of a desire to sell Moura, Son, etc.

That way, if/when Dembele goes, we can move Eriksen there and bring in perhaps one top CM to either play alongside him or in place of him.

It'd make us a more devastating side on the counter (in my opinion) while also allowing Eriksen to pull the strings against a parked bus from further back.

The hype machine has got smoke coming off it! He's no winger for starters, more a wing back imo. He looks mature for 17/18 with standard touch / technique. He's no Bale that's for sure. Even when Redknapp had doubts you could see Bale had exceptional ability in his skills and the way he ran with the ball.

But apparently sky's the limit according to some on here.

I’m Sorry, but I feel like no one has even watched Fulham this season ? Even the most casual Fulham fan will tell you that he isn’t and never will be a wingback/fullback. If anything he’s a left forward, with his main attribute being his timing of runs and finishing.

In Germany they’d call him a raumdeuter. He actually reminds me of Alli how he often looks to be having a poor game, but seems to always make decisive contributions.

Back
Top Bottom