Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don’t think he will be amazing as I don’t think he’s an amazing player but he does a job and gives
100% for his Manager who appreciates him as do I

I’ve also got confidence in our manager unlike some who are now wavering calling him stubborn who not long ago were creaming themselves over him

Fickle nasty people

I’ll readily admit that I was on the scapegoat train when we first signed him. It was mainly the money, which obviously isn’t his fault.

I still can’t help making the occasional Sissoko joke, but I try to recognise the things he does well.

Doesn’t take up much of my time :wanyama:

I’m joking! Just couldn’t resist the easy set up. He’s a beast. Sloppy play quite a bit, but he does offer something to the team, and is capable of some very clever bits of skill that leaves everyone gawping. Everyone was generally poor against Newport, but I think his confidence is growing.

I’ll readily admit that I was on the scapegoat train when we first signed him. It was mainly the money, which obviously isn’t his fault.

I still can’t help making the occasional Sissoko joke, but I try to recognise the things he does well.

Doesn’t take up much of my time :wanyama:

I’m joking! Just couldn’t resist the easy set up. He’s a beast. Sloppy play quite a bit, but he does offer something to the team, and is capable of some very clever bits of skill that leaves everyone gawping. Everyone was generally poor against Newport, but I think his confidence is growing.

I do think it is a confidence thing with him which is why he gets rid of the ball so quickly sometimes but I wouldn’t like to play against him as his physique is quite imposing and if Poch can get him to run at the centre of defences then we could have a player although I do cringe at his ball control
I suppose you could say the same about Dembele in this respect who really frustrates me as he can be so skilful

I do think it is a confidence thing with him which is why he gets rid of the ball so quickly sometimes but I wouldn’t like to play against him as his physique is quite imposing and if Poch can get him to run at the centre of defences then we could have a player although I do cringe at his ball control
I suppose you could say the same about Dembele in this respect who really frustrates me as he can be so skilful

Yeah Dembele needs to get forward more and shoot more...he's got a blinding shot on him!

Dembele is an amazing footballer, but does seem to run out of ideas in the final third. He’s great as a link between midfield and attack, but I think he gets the ball too soon too often. Odd because I watched his debut live against Norwich when he scored the equaliser (actually sat in the lower corner nearest the goal, so got a perfect view of it), and he looked class on the attack.

Sissoko is an armoured tank of a footballer. There was a great moment from last season where he set up a goal despite being challenged by about 6 players. There’s a gif somewhere of them all going flying as he charged through. He’s definitely got his positive attributes.

As I’ve said elsewhere, I think it’s his ‘off the ball’ work that Pochettino is noticing. I’m going to pay more attention to it in future games.

Yeah Dembele needs to get forward more and shoot more...he's got a blinding shot on him!

When he takes on a player he usually has the beating of him but all too often ends up in a cul-De-sac and loses the ball or gives away a free kick

Can he play alongside Lamela who often does the same?

Never mind we’ve got Sissoko.......

Dembele is an amazing footballer, but does seem to run out of ideas in the final third. He’s great as a link between midfield and attack, but I think he gets the ball too soon too often. Odd because I watched his debut live against Norwich when he scored the equaliser (actually sat in the lower corner nearest the goal, so got a perfect view of it), and he looked class on the attack.

Sissoko is an armoured tank of a footballer. There was a great moment from last season where he set up a goal despite being challenged by about 6 players. There’s a gif somewhere of them all going flying as he charged through. He’s definitely got his positive attributes.

As I’ve said elsewhere, I think it’s his ‘off the ball’ work that Pochettino is noticing. I’m going to pay more attention to it in future games.

Hang on there’s a ‘like’ from Ginoflair on its way

:pochunimpressed:

200.webp

I don’t think he will be amazing as I don’t think he’s an amazing player but he does a job and gives

I’ve also got confidence in our manager unlike some who are now wavering calling him stubborn who not long ago were creaming themselves over him

Fickle nasty people

If this is aimed at me then calling Poch stubborn (which he is) is not meant as an insult. I think he’s great and I’m not wavering at all. As for ‘fickle nasty people, let me remind you.

Who are "we"?

Only clueless cunts like you!

We downgraded when TS took over and we've managed to downgrade again with this clown!

Top 4???????

Don't make me fuckin laugh!
:walker-scream:

With Pooch we'll be lucky to get top 10!!

But don't worry come December him and his "philosophies" will be gone but the problem will be that the season will be over!

Levy took a chance with AVB but at least he had achieved something as a manager but this twat?

:levywhoa:

Fans pay a lot of money to attend games as I do

If I don't like some of the crap we play with this clown in charge then I won't make a noise.

That is my right and if I want to criticise any of our players I will do so as, again, that is my right but it won't stop me going because I'm a fan

What I do object to is self-righteous twats like you spouting bilge like "home fans deserved this result btw"

Incredible!

Do you honestly think we'll finish 5th this season with this clown in charge?

We'll be lucky to finish top 10 if he's still here by December which I don't think he will be!

:pochbye:

Yes "last season" and that's the summit with Pooch!

All downhill now while he's in charge!

This game was just one more which is going to lead to Pooch's sacking by Xmas when we will still be embedded in the bottom half of the table and our season virtually over!

And if we hadn't have done it with Ramos we would have been relegated, make no mistake so no let's not review it after an entire season, get rid of this clown now.
For clarification I'm not saying we will get relegated with Pooch but mid table and no cups isn't good enough!

Fickle nasty people

Fickle as fuck.

fickle
ˈfɪk(ə)l/
adjective
  1. changing frequently, especially as regards one's loyalties or affections.
    "celebs trying to appeal to an increasingly fickle public"
    synonyms: capricious, changeable, variable, volatile, mercurial, vacillating, fitful, irregular; More

Last edited:
In:
3 players no one has heard of yet, but will be creaming over come July and angrily imploring Levy to stop fucking about about just pay the price quoted in the Mirror.

Out:
Of your fucking minds for starting this up. As if we need a 4 month prelude.

Back
Top Bottom