Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
more quotes...

"Ross told me at the end of the season he wanted another challenge,"

"We made a good offer of a contract, he declined,"

"His personal situation is really not so difficult. My priority is not Ross, with respect, it is his decision. I look more to other players. I knew this at the end of the season.

"Everyone knows what the situation is and that's enough, I don't talk any more about this."

"We 100%" expect the player to leave,"
[Daniel Levy shaves a cheeky 2m pounds off his previous offer]

Couldn't agree more regarding city, yeah it's only on paper but there fullbacks were gash last year and everyone knew it, they've done what the rich kids do and get new ones paying over the odds for early delivery etc
But there are no guarantees. What are all these Monaco lads going to look like when they actually have to turn it on for a full season and aren't playing complete fucking dross of lower Ligue 1. This automatic assumption that they have strengthened doesn't stick. They've thrown money at the problem so it SHOULD stick but again, it's no guarantee, their CBs are a problem, they now have completely new players either side AND in front of them and they're meant to gel in time to mount a challenge?

By that logic, throwing £100m at a problem, including buying a 20+ striker in his prime from Spain should mean goals and success right? right?

:soldadowatch::vdvcry:

Let's just see who ends up where, because unless they take the league and finally stop being a joke in CL their spending is a joke, not strength.

if Kompany gets injured their defense will crumble to every team in the league.

On top of that it isn't hard to work out Peps game plan and how to counter it.
We did that at theirs. Completely bamboozled them.
Our trick was to lull them into a false sense of security in the first half , letting them tear our defence to shreds, making monumental,fuck ups but not letting them score more than two.
Then rescue a point.

You didn't say that, you said they had improved a lot, they may or may not but the answer still is you don't know yet.
Same could be said for us, have we improved as team?
Are we going to do as well as we did last year or better?
The answer is nobody knows yet but a lot of us seem sure we will, or better.

I'd say Man U may fare better. Probably won't draw as many as 15. Turn 5 of those draws into wins they would have been 3rd. Jose is a cunt, but he usually knows what he's doing. Only lost one less than us last year, the same as Chelsea and conceded just 3 more than us, better than Chelsea.
With Phil Jones playing in half the games.

Lukaku better than Ibrahimovic?

what?
Lukaku isn't but in his last 5 seasons as a PL player he's scored 25, 18, 10, 15, and 17.
That's pretty consistent and not bad from the age of 19 until Turned 24 at the end of last season.
If he continues that trend and Man U find more goals who knows.
Yet Jose the bus Parker sides don't really need to score lots of goals to win games.

Edit I suppose a lot were penalties last year, not too sure about the other seasons.

tenor.gif

Lukaku better than Ibrahimovic?

what?
You're swedish & biased ha.
Lukaku will offer more & should score at least 20 again. Better service at united.
Obviously ibra was better but age catches up with you.
I think lukaku will score at least the amount ibra did & offer more all round.

"Spurs are a fantastic club with an excellent progression in the last years, but we did not speak to the responsible persons."

"For the moment, everything is a rumour."

Jeremy Toljan's agent.

You're swedish & biased ha.
Lukaku will offer more & should score at least 20 again. Better service at united.
Obviously ibra was better but age catches up with you.
I think lukaku will score at least the amount ibra did & offer more all round.
Ibra kept pace with Lukaku until the injury happened.

Ibra is also a better complete package player than bullrush Lukaku. Lukaku cannot even hold up the ball proper most of the time.

Yes I am a bit biased but Ibrahimovic is easily one of the best pure football players in this century.

Am I the only one who sometimes likes to go back a month or two in the ITK topics at SC?

Look at a gem like this from June 17

Grey Fox:
I asked about the stories about Dier going for 50m and Walker being unhappy and to quote my contact " :ROFLMAO: you think Levy is stupid? He wouldn't let one of our first squad go to a challenger and certainly not for that price." Walker is happy at Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom