Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
So playing with actual full backs won't improve their team? What role do you think full backs have in Peps system, why didn't he just buy a few wingers in stead

If you've seen a pep team they're not even fullbacks. They go into midfield.

Sherwood tried Walker in midfield. It was a disaster.

Do I think Kyle Walker playing an inside wing back, so inside that he's almost a CM/AM is going to help Manchester City defensively? Obviously not.

I don't think Walker on his own is very good defensively to begin with.

I think lukaku is better but not seen enough of morata to decide on him or costa

Lukaku has been shit under pressure.

At Chelsea? Shit.
In big Games at Everton? Shit.

I think he could flop at United, where there's more pressure than ever before. He's mentally weak.

This is what Lloris said.

"Moussa is important for the French national team," the Tottenham star told Sky Sports. "He needs to play, obviously, more than last season. But then it's a question of choices. It doesn't belong to me, it belongs to him and we will see what will happen.

"It's not an easy situation for him, for the team and for the manager. He's preparing himself to be ready for the next weeks. But you know, Moussa is strong in his mind.

"I've played with him for a while and I'm not really worried. It's true that last season was a bit frustrating for him and he's got a lot to prove, and then we'll see what will happen in this period."

Where does he say he should leave?

This is what Lloris said.

"Moussa is important for the French national team," the Tottenham star told Sky Sports. "He needs to play, obviously, more than last season. But then it's a question of choices. It doesn't belong to me, it belongs to him and we will see what will happen.

"It's not an easy situation for him, for the team and for the manager. He's preparing himself to be ready for the next weeks. But you know, Moussa is strong in his mind.

"I've played with him for a while and I'm not really worried. It's true that last season was a bit frustrating for him and he's got a lot to prove, and then we'll see what will happen in this period."

Where does he say he should leave?
Yep, he doesn't. I'll fall back.

Bitches!

Truce?

Hqv73.jpg

Ha ha. & that never even happened.
Some aren't bright enough to realise I meant come out of the ignore list.

Here's what I said-

Anyway, on ignore you go & join baz & schmood. What a lovely threesome you make. So that's my ignore list up to 3.
The magic number.

mouse came out ages ago because he does actually have good football related posts which he sticks to unlike you.
& mickcooper came out ages ago too because I realised he just gets grumpy & takes it out on forum members when he does.

Not surprisingly you left out this one

He is breaking down all barriers & showing us all its ok to be gay & grumpy.

We are talking now and on paper, They have replaced their aged full backs by new signings of Walker and Mendy. They also bought Bernardo Silva who is excellent player. If you don't call this improving and strengthening their squad then we have a problem.
Sure thing cowboy, let's stick with having a problem then.

Remember during the closing months of the season when everyone was content with what we had achieved (apart from Don Giovanni Don Giovanni ) and everyone seemed to think ppl had turned over a new leaf/cunts had left.....

: ostrich:

So you can abuse people calling them maniacs, freaks etc. But if someone says something back to you they must have a word with themselves. You have got to be the most hypocritical person on this earth. Stick to defending the bigots mate.
Whatever u think of John Thomas John Thomas i think most will agree he is one of the most consistent posters here, he still sticking to his not one brick stuff ffs

I think City are the only team you can say that has improved, Bernado silva is a proven top top level player and walker and mendy should be improvements on sagna and clichey, but saying that as soon as kompany gets injured theyre fucked with otamendi and stones as their centre backs. Personally I think utd and Chelsea have downgraded on strickers and Im not too worried about woolwich or the scousers. Although I think we should be looking for 2 maybe 3 signings to compete on all fronts, we are still one of the best sides in the league and definitely have enough to go for the title again this season.
Couldn't agree more regarding city, yeah it's only on paper but there fullbacks were gash last year and everyone knew it, they've done what the rich kids do and get new ones paying over the odds for early delivery etc

more quotes...

"Ross told me at the end of the season he wanted another challenge,"

"We made a good offer of a contract, he declined,"

"His personal situation is really not so difficult. My priority is not Ross, with respect, it is his decision. I look more to other players. I knew this at the end of the season.

"Everyone knows what the situation is and that's enough, I don't talk any more about this."

"We 100%" expect the player to leave,"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom