Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
And City buy another player.

Just unbelievable.

If you are a City academy player move on while that manager of yours is at the helm.

He can only ask for everything because
he is a fcuking greedy baby.

I'm slightly surprised they aren't buying Neymar

If you've got unlimited funds and have already spent £135m on fullbacks what's another £190m to sign one of the top players in world football?.....They actually almost look small time not going for him.

Since 2008/09 season

City have won
2x league titles
1x FA Cup
2x league Cup
1x community shield

Chelsea have won
1x Champions league
1x Europa league
3x league titles
3x FA Cups
1x league Cup
1x community shield

Tottenham have won
FUCK ALL

So yes, they have been winning stuff because they keep on doing what they have been doing, to win stuff.
No wonder we haven't won anything if Chelsea and City have won it all! :pocheyes:

Since 2008/09 season

City have won
2x league titles
1x FA Cup
2x league Cup
1x community shield

Chelsea have won
1x Champions league
1x Europa league
3x league titles
3x FA Cups
1x league Cup
1x community shield

Tottenham have won
FUCK ALL

So yes, they have been winning stuff because they keep on doing what they have been doing, to win stuff.
Fuck off, everyone knows it is all about the Barclays Asia Trophy nowadays.
A4435.jpg

Rose 1M
Toby 17M
Jan 14M
Tripper 3.5M

City with a 300M pound back line.

And there are Spurs fans who claim being proud of our policy is a fake moral high ground?

What the fuck! Are there people who actually feel City are building a team the right way?? It's a fucking joke and Pep is a wanker.

I'm going to laugh when it all goes to shit for them again.

Toby was £13.6m and Jan was £12.7m. Even better.

Since 2008/09 season

City have won
2x league titles
1x FA Cup
2x league Cup
1x community shield

Chelsea have won
1x Champions league
1x Europa league
3x league titles
3x FA Cups
1x league Cup
1x community shield

Tottenham have won
FUCK ALL

Since 2008/09 season

City have won
2x league titles
1x FA Cup
2x league Cup
1x community shield

Chelsea have won
1x Champions league
1x Europa league
3x league titles
3x FA Cups
1x league Cup
1x community shield

Tottenham have won
FUCK ALL

I think I speak for everyone when I say please fuck off back down whatever hole you came out of you miserable little twat.

But look at City and Chelsea, we should do what they are doing if we want to win stuff

Allegedly

I don't think anyone has said that on here but regardless, if people think city were spending to only catch up with us they're wrong now. Their team is starting to look absurdly strong. Especially going forwards (I mean Bernardo Silva, Sane, Gabriel Jesus, Aguero, even that kid who was on loan last year Marlos Moreno is supposedly mustard, Gundogan to come back) Our only hope is that they cannot gel at all.

Pep hasn't covered himself in glory in England but he has a track record of winning when he has the strongest squad in the league (and well done you for that Pep!)

I don't think anyone has said that on here but regardless, if people think city were spending to only catch up with us they're wrong now. Their team is starting to look absurdly strong. Especially going forwards (I mean Bernardo Silva, Sane, Gabriel Jesus, Aguero, even that kid who was on loan last year Marlos Moreno is supposedly mustard, Gundogan to come back) Our only hope is that they cannot gel at all.

Pep hasn't covered himself in glory in England but he has a track record of winning when he has the strongest squad in the league (and well done you for that Pep!)
The problem is that having a super expensive squad with all the top talent is the only way Pep knows how to win things. But even then, he has to hope these players gel and like playing together as I don't think he has half the skill at building a team ethic that other managers have, including our very own Poch.

Last edited:
The problem us that having a super expensive squad with all the top talent is the only way Pep knows how to win things. But even then, he has to hope these players gel and like playing together as I don't think he has half the skill at building a team ethic that other managers have, including our very own Poch.
If I remember right from the German press when Pep jumped to the PL he doesn't even hang out with the team. He sits in his office and plans things out and leaves stuff like team chemistry to the staff.

Very much a desktop manager

But you can only have 11 players on the pitch at any one time and they have to fit the system you want to play. Who knows, they might smash it next season, but if they don't sign quality CB they'll still leak goals at the other end. One thing is for sure though, some of those players won't relish warming the bench.

Since 2008/09 season

City have won
2x league titles
1x FA Cup
2x league Cup
1x community shield

Chelsea have won
1x Champions league
1x Europa league
3x league titles
3x FA Cups
1x league Cup
1x community shield

Tottenham have won
FUCK ALL

You are right but it is also a means to kill enjoyment at some point.

It is still correct to say that neither City or Chelsea or United corner the matket on the best players in their respective positions but they have contingences which for example we don't.

It is why for example selling Walker only made sense if we had a banker alternative.

Guardiola is showing he will just ask for everything and go from there. He has nothing to lose and in the meantime blocks other clubs from possible targets.

The bloke and his club are a joke.

City must have spend (or about to) around £300m on their defence?

GK: Ederson (£35m) / Bravo (£17m)
RB: Walker (£55m) / Danilo (£26.5m)
LB: Mendy (£51m)
CB: Stones (£50m)/Otamendi (£28.5m)/Mangala (£42m)
Yet with all that I don't think they will have the best defence when with that outlay you really should.
I think Chelsea, United and ourselves will have better defences than what City will put out. Lot of money to spend to not be the best.

Yet with all that I don't think they will have the best defence when with that outlay you really should.
I think Chelsea, United and ourselves will have better defences than what City will put out. Lot of money to spend to not be the best.

I think most teams seem to not realise that chemistry makes for the best defence - knowing what each other are doing or where they will be etc.

City have signed a bunch of strangers

Last edited:
Imagine if he actually had to coach a team...

Pep will finish behind us again, I am certain of that, but imagine for a second if he didn't, and won the title - what's the point in it? Will Pep, or anyone else, think he has done a great job, that he's achieved anything by buying a trophy with a sea of cash buying other teams finished products, and then trying to claim the credit for it?

I'd honestly hate to be a City fan, it destroys the soul of the club trying to win this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom