Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
There should be a gold star icon option, because this Joe, is the crux of the matter.

Dan Kilpatrick just said as much on ESPN (and Kane said similar)

Kilpatrick was saying that currently Spurs first eleven pretty much picks itself, and who could be brought in who is better than the remainder of the squad and would be prepared to sit on the bench?

Kane said that any player that is brought is must be the "right kind of player" meaning that the ability to gel within the squad was more important than the ability they may add.

For me winning ten of the last eleven games would suggest that we don't really need and Billy Big Bollocks signings. At the end of the day there are sixteen clubs trying to emulate us and not the other way around.

Finally that Dan Thomas is a cunt, of cunts especially asking Kane why is he different from other footballers that go out and get drunk and that are seen in and around town with countless other women. That man wants firing from ESPN as he is always trying to stir shit and provoke in his interviews.

It's funny because Jan, Poch, Rose, Eriksen and now Kane seem to be saying all the same things about the club.
It's not about big signings. It's about the right players or just sticking with what we have and working and growing together.

Feels like Poch has a core group that really believe in what we are doing. It's a genius move, as it says to Eriksen and Dele "we don't need Lemar and Costa, we have you guys".

We are creating a mentality within the squad that we are good enough. The talent is obvious, next comes the confidence and belief.

Walker clearly didn't fit the policy for whatever reasons and is gone. Going with Trippier puts into his head that "hey I'm better than 50M, and I've got my chance"...

Long may it continue. This could be the start of Pochettinos Spurs dynasty....learning from a certain SAF.

What fact is being ignored that supports the anti-Levy agenda?
1 of your rules they just broke would be proclaiming our players & manager must be telling the truth when asked about us not spending in interview.
Yet also say players & manager just pay lip service in interviews.
Basically make & change assumptions to which ever one suits their agenda.

& cjj, you know damn well lots of pro levy posters have said lots of things that go against what you just spoke up against.
But if you want to pretend otherwise then go for it.

Shambles of a summer so far. We can't seem to close deals for any players whatsoever, not even the younger players that should seemingly be our territory. Tottenham fans have deluded themselves into thinking Lamela will be some saviour, when in reality he really isn't that good. His main quality is that he runs a lot, let's be honest

Interesting you said Tottenham fans and not our fans.

I'd interpret that as manager speak for We need to sign players, but if we don't, we'll do our best with what we have.

It's amazing John how yourself Scott the Dane and some others are able to decipher statements and quite easily extract the true sentiments of the person who made the statement even when it seems impossible based on what they've said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom