Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. Then they post cringing digs which makes no sense at posters like me by using those player quotes.
I never said I knew better than eriksen.
I even said all top flight pro's will know way more about football than anyone on this forum.
Then some idiot says eriksen says this but scott knows best (despite me saying the exact opposite about what we know).
They are resorting to just making up stuff so they can have cheap shots which make no sense anyway.
Rose didn't say we need to spend big.

But keep ignoring that you made it up though well played.
He said the complete opposite. Your ethos is not that of the current Spurs set up I'm afraid.

That's why you and others are now distancing yourselves from everything coming out of the club regarding transfers.

The "Oh they're just saying that" mentality.

Must be pretty boring to feel so strongly against the current policy.

Last edited:
On your point about CL prices, I thought the club did give a bit back to the fans - the pricing for the packages and individual match tickets was more than fair.
I didn't phrase that very well. What I meant was our ST prices and general sale PL prices have for years been reflective of a champions League type club. Yet we never make CL type signings. I agree the prices for our UCL fixtures last season were brilliantly priced. I actually praised Levy for it at the time. Having said that, considering he wasn't prepared to fund a squad capable of competing, anything else would have been a travesty.

Ummmmm

Name?
Siri. Get to "know " her
KX4DYlzP.gif

But he hasn't been at clubs as rich as us either. So we can't say for sure either way.

We don't even know how much of a say poch has in signings.
Or if levy gives him a budget or not.

Considering he's always done it, and still continues to say that's how he likes to do it, then it's just agenda to assume that the club is making him do it.

The whole "Levy doesn't like to spend" is such a bore, and it's just built out of myth from Redknapp preferring cheap players whilst chatting bollocks about signing Tevez.

Things have really gone south on this thread.
I was catching up on latest posts while taking a dump and I honestly didn't know whether to drop my load into the pot or just spray it all over my phone screen.

No he didnt, he feels we need to make one marquee signing to help us push forward.
That could be Darmian Gray for 20M if he has an impact like Wanyama.

He said nothing about spending big.

"It's difficult for us as a club to compete with City, United, Liverpool, Chelsea and Woolwich. The aim for the club should be to find the next Dele. I know it's easier said than done but to find someone from the lower leagues and make them a star.

"For the next season coming, we have to do a lot better in the Champions League and make one marquee signing that can help us push forward."

The club and the players do not share your opinion Scott.
Accept it and move on.
That reads as Rose wanting us to make 1 big signing (not demari gray as you are suggesting). A marquee signing is something ive said suggested throughout.

That reads as Rose wanting us to make 1 big signing (not demari gray as you are suggesting). A marquee signing is something ive said suggested throughout.
Marquee suggests a player that makes a difference. Nothing to do with spending big though.

He specifically says we need to be different from the other top clubs as we can't compete and "look to the lower leagues" for another Dele.

I don't know how that can be interpreted as Rose saying "we need to spend big to win trophies" as has been claimed.

People falsifying Rose quotes to suit them, and dismissing actual quotes from Eriksen and Poch which completely flies in the face of everything they've said for the last 50 pages.

Considering he's always done it, and still continues to say that's how he likes to do it, then it's just agenda to assume that the club is making him do it.

The whole "Levy doesn't like to spend" is such a bore, and it's just built out of myth from Redknapp preferring cheap players whilst chatting bollocks about signing Tevez.
Who knows? Its obvious poch is more comfortable coaching players rather than buying.
But that's not to say poch knows some of the realistic sigings he wants wouldn't be gettable because of levy or our budget.

Well, I was rather following your lead.

If Levy doesn't sign anyone "That's GREAT!" If Levy doest sign someone "That's GREAT!"
What should I do about that?
I want to improve the squad.....If Onomah, Winks or Edwards get more games then I'll be over the moon.
That's better than having Njie in France and Nkoudo nowhere to be seen.

If we buy Barkley that's also better than having Njie in France.

You seem to think it's weird to be flexible?

What will your stance be if we don't sign anyone then? Start crying and screaming?

Good for you mate

Marquee suggests a player that makes a difference. Nothing to do with spending big though.

He specifically says we need to be different from the other top clubs as we can't compete and "look to the lower leagues" for another Dele.

I don't know how that can be interpreted as Rose saying "we need to spend big to win trophies" as has been claimed.

People falsifying Rose quotes to suit them, and dismissing actual quotes from Eriksen and Poch which completely flies in the face of everything they've said for the last 50 pages.
When did Rose say we have to look to the lower leagues? I think you're the one twisting quotes here.

You also pick and choose quotes, you're completely ignoring the comments made by Vertonghen the other day

When did Rose say we have to look to the lower leagues? I think you're the one twisting quotes here.

You also pick and choose quotes, you're completely ignoring the comments made by Vertonghen the other day

It's so easy to just google it before you make yourself look silly isn't it:

"It's difficult for us as a club to compete with City, United, Liverpool, Chelsea and Woolwich. The aim for the club should be to find the next Dele. I know it's easier said than done but to find someone from the lower leagues and make them a star."

Rose urges Tottenham to make a marquee signing

Who knows? Its obvious poch is more comfortable coaching players rather than buying.
But that's not to say poch knows some of the realistic sigings he wants wouldn't be gettable because of levy or our budget.

Who knows what conjecture could be spinning out there. It's hardly a case to ignore fact and proclaim assumption as the new truth, though....

....Unless it suits the agenda of some people.

Between 03/04 and 13/14 we spent approx £624m on players. 5th Highest in the league, and £80m more than woolwich. In the last 5 seasons, we've spent £254m on players. Doesn't sound like a club that's scared to spend to me.

The Dane The Dane
Oh and nice delete of the part where you said I ignored Jan's quotes.....shame I already quoted you though:

You mean these quotes?

"The way our rivals are strengthening this season, we need to be aware of that and we need to level up as well,"

"I'm not saying with new players, but we need to take our levels up and I think we can. I'm the oldest outfield player in the team and I feel very fit. The younger guys can improve even more. It can definitely be our year and we want it to be our year."

Fucking LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom