1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Registration only takes a minute and removes most of the adverts - Sign up here

Transfers Summer 2017 transfer window toilet

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by SausageVince, 2 Feb 2017.

1. Mensa

OK genuine question, does anyone actually know who JJetset or The GOAT are?

I don't give a shit about transfers and the window at all, I just don't like these twats they rub me up the wrong way, bigging themselves up leading the online massive on a wild goose chase with their unnecessary trolling

If anyone has any information please come forward

• Like x 2
  2. Murphy

It doesn't all rhyme so it's more of a poem.

3. Mockers

Twitter:
    @MarkBennett81
    JJetset is a supposed "ITK" guy. An individual.

The GOAT I think is no one individual. It's just used as a handle for anyone claiming to have "ITK".

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  4. Bill Madrid

Fucking hot in Madrid mind

:kanehand::gallashmm: :sonhmm:

Sorry, not ITK, temperatures nudging 40º in the city

• Funny x 4
  5. Super Jan Fan

This transfer window is the most painful I can remember for a long time.

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
  6. ChiversRegal

• Like x 1
  7. Arthur Wensleydale

What are you trying to say?

• Funny x 6
  8. pdxspur

Really?

You don't think the one's where we lost Modric, Berbatov or Bale while staring down a season in the Europa League were more painful? We have a settled starting XI that is one of, if not the strongest in the League, we have a brand new stadium being built and are coming off our most successful Premier League season ever.

We came off a summer last year that was seemingly underwhelming as well and improved, if all this doesn't earn Levy and Poch some benefit of the doubt I have no idea what will.

• Agree x 8
    • Like x 3
  9. CJJ

CJJ

As Mockers says, JJetset is an individual. He is supposedly an employee of the club in some form or other. It's perfectly plausible that he is a PR mouthpiece for the club, designed to do what he does for some purpose.

"The GOAT" is a username for audited, but anonymised, "ITK". For all intents, it's that A&C bloke posting under a pseudonym.

• Like x 3
  10. RomanzoCriminale

I have information on them:

JJetset is a bullshitting cunt
    The goat is many bullshitting cunts

What else would you like to know?

• Funny x 15
    • Like x 2
  11. ArcspacE

Chicken Tonight's Multi

You've got no friends, mate

12. hrytn

In FA and League cups yes but never in CL Wembley or away. We need experienced players.

• Agree x 2
  13. Super Jan Fan

Well the most recent of those was Bale and that was a few years back. I hated losing Bale but we got lots of new signings in and that, at the time, made it pretty painless. I didn't find Modric painful because we'd already got a season more than I thought we were going to get, it wasn't a surprise at all. Berbatov hurt a lot, but that was ages ago now. This window we have sold the best RB in the country and got no one else in, and barely a hint of a rumour even, only the prospect of signing the likes of Barkley who I'd much rather we didn't buy. It sucks. I mean painful in that it is boring more than anything else, I guess. In all honesty this is probably the first time ever that if we started the season without any signings I would be content with our squad still.

• Disagree x 1
  14. BUYLEDLEYNEWKNEES

Wales (very East or slightly West of England)
    Think Barkley would be an exciting signing. Has that pure raw ability that you can't learn but don't think he's found a position to be utilised fully in yet, something Poch seems to help players find. Different players but Dembele didn't find his natural role until he was probably 27 in that midfield partnership with us, wether that's where Barkley would fit or further forward is yet to be seen but it's still a signing that I'd like to see.

• Agree x 4
    • Like x 3
  15. pdxspur

Not to get bogged down in semantics, but you said "In a long time". I'd probably still disagree with you if you said it was the most painful since Bale, but, eh... not trying to make a big deal about it, but I think some perspective is needed here.

16. pdxspur

My main worry with Barkley is his attitude/work ethic.

I've just heard rumors from Everton supporters that he is a bit of a primadona and likes his drink.... don't know how much of it carries over in to the training ground but it certainly throws up some red flags for me.

• Like x 1
  17. Raiders

Which Italian plays for Nice? Fuck, we are getting Balotelli!

I am obviously joking.

18. Juicy Sushi

Evil Numbers Enthusiast

I'd rather talent over experience. And Barkley has no more experience playing in Europe than either Winks or Onomah. Actually, Onomah definitely has more experience in European football than Barkley does.

Sorry, I just don't see Barkley as good enough.

• Agree x 2
  19. hrytn

It's not proven talent yet, they are still improving and learning with very little experience at top level.
    I didn't say Barkley is good enough but now you mention him I would play Barkley over Winks and Onomah because he has played at the top level for the last so many years compared to Winks and Onomah.

Just remember last season CL, we couldn't get out of group stages.

• Agree x 3
  20. CJJ

CJJ

The majority of the issue is that Martinez placed a lot of responsibility on him to carry the whole team, and Koeman has placed a lot of blame on him for not carrying the whole team.

Their fans are fickle, and as soon as he didn't drop his pants for Kenwright, many have been spouting negative stuff about him. Not really too different to the Kyle Walker reaction on here, really, even if the circumstances are different. What I'm getting at is that any truth in all of it may well be because of how he's been treated, and why he hasn't been so enthusiastic to sign a contract.

• Agree x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted
If you see people ruining threads with off-topic discussion, arguing or personal abuse, use the 'Sin Bin' link at the bottom of their post to vote for them to be placed in the sin bin. More info