Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton would like to sell Barkley and buy siggy.. if Barkley is staying they would just offer him a fat contract and be done with it. So if barkleys going, whatever siggys gonna cost to them, we might end up paying the amount.

60m for Dier is insane but i still wouldnt do it pyrely becasue it sends the wrong message.

I agree about the message...
What if it was 75 though?
Ladies and gentlemen, this is a Football Manager pro.

Not since champ man 01/02 when I took spurs to years of global domination well into the 2020s...

I'm more asking what price you would take. Like Ted Dibiase i believe everyone has a price.

bXOnGiK.jpg

Lousy. But Barkley can't do what Mousa does. Literally no one in Europe can. There is no other player on Earth that combines Dembele's strength, dribbling, and passing with that defending.

Barkley does not have those tools either. If we're talking about a non-Dembele midfield , you're talking, by necessity, about a different kind of player. And if so, do you rate Barkley above Winks as that guy? I sure as hell don't.
Dembele cannot play 2 matches a week and we need more options. I think Barkley's wage demands are also a problem.

Everton would like to sell Barkley and buy siggy.. if Barkley is staying they would just offer him a fat contract and be done with it. So if barkleys going, whatever siggys gonna cost to them, we might end up paying the amount.

I'd rather have Siggy too.

Not that I want to sign Siggy, I just think, like Everton, that he is a better player. Neither of them are good enough for us, no disrespect to either of them.

Is anybody else in for Barkley? I need some sort of hope that we aren't going to sign him. Right now I have this overwhelming feeling of dread that we will.

I am part of the Barkley optimist group, however I have friends in the north west who have said enough to convince me that he's not leaving the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom